aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

No-disk patches and antivirus problem

This happened to me when I downloaded the game Clepsydra fom http://aarinfantasy.com/forum/f296/t14038ribbon-magic]-clepsydra-~hikari.html.
    There is a no-disk patch for this game, but my antivirus (avast) says it's a malware and keeps deleting it. This happened also with another no-disk patch (for another game) which is being identified as a trojan.
    I was guessing that they are false positive (because no-disk patches are supposed to be modified exe), right?
    Avast has a form for sending files so they can be analyzed but I think it's only for original files, not patches made by fans.

Is there a way to exclude those file from being deleted?

Yaoi Fan

Savings

(Event) Forum - Hazuki (young)Elsa (L10)(Event) FaceBook - Yukina
    Natori (L10)(S020) YokozawaWicked (L10)
    (S040) RyoumaHakutaku (L7)(S007) Reborn
    I work in IT support and I hate AVAST. D: The stupid things email plug in for outlook drives me nuts with causing issues for the clients who install it! So buggy!

But you should be able to add the file to the list of exceptions, by going into Avasts settings.

If that doesn't work, try using an alternative program. Microsoft Security Essentials is available for free for personal use. Virus, Spyware & Malware Protection | Microsoft Security Essentials

Here's some instructions on how to do it specifically Making file a "exception"

You need to use the Exclusion lists:

Standard Shield provider (on-access scanning):
    Left-click on the avast-ball in the tray area, click on the provider icon at left and then click on "Customize".
    Then go to the "Advanced" tab and click on the "Add" button...

For the other providers (on-demand scanning (such as the screensaver) or the Simple user interface):
    Right-click on the the avast-ball, then click on "Program Settings"
    Go then to the "Exclusions" tab and click on the "Add" button...

If you want it, you can use wildcards like ? and *
    For best results it looks like you need to add it as a pathway like this:

c:\*\programnamehere.exe
    Last edited by Chibati; 07-10-2011 at 06:57 AM.

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Thank you! It kind of works now (I'm so happy I can play it). But the wierd thing is that the original exe was also detected as a malware (avast tried to delete it from the disk o_O).
    In the end I just disabled avast's protection while I was installing the game, then I added the exceptions and re-enabled the protection.