aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

[Question] Fullscreen Game compatability

I know how to download BL games, install them, and play them... if i can. Here lies the problem, Often when i begin to play the game it will automaticly open in fullscreen mode which causes me comuter to crash and i have to restart. I believe this might be due to my computer moniter which is very wide acer touch screen and cannot properly display fullscreen BL games.

I was wondering if anyone knew how to fix this problem? or at the very least inform me of BL games that do not open in fullscreen mode?

Any help is much appreciated, thank you.

Yaoi Addict

Savings

Spacer 1Ike (L1)Spacer 1
    Spacer 1Spacer 1Spacer 1
    Guts (L1)Layton (L5)Luke (L5)
    Off the top of my head, SPRAY games such as Kichiku Megane and Steal open up as windows. Also Hunk's Workshop.

Most BL games have an option menu which allows you to change the fullscreen/window screen. Depending on the game, its location varies. It's usually accessed from the title screen when the game starts up.

How far in the game can you play until it crashes? It would also help to know the name of the game.
    Last edited by Singe147; 06-28-2011 at 04:06 PM.

Yaoi Addict
    Savings

(S026) Kei Yamashiro
    Kichimega opened in fullscreen mode, iirc, unless you go change the options. It's been years, though, and changing the options is always the first thing I do upon installing a game.... (playing a 800 x 600 game at 1920 x 1600 is not nice, even if your graphics card fixes the ratio for you). I'm pretty sure Nitro+ Chiral's games default to windowed mode, though, and even if they don't it's a quick 'F' key to switch between them.

I don't think having a fullscreen game open at the wrong resolution really should crash your computer, however. Screens don't really care what shows up in them, it's your eyes that's going to bleed out and the talking going on between the game and your graphics card/CPU/OS that usually cause a crash. *looks at old Win95 games Which Needs Tweaking and Dll Fixes*

........and by 'restart' you don't mean restarting your computer, right? That is very much not supposed to happen, regardless of anything the game can do to you. If you mean restarting the game, then you probably were able to go into it for at least a little bit before it decides that it hates you.

This might not be available in doujin games, but the option tends to be in オプション/CONFIG/設定, accessible from the first menu. Go look around for フルスクリーン and then change it to the other thing. Voila! You're done!

And if your system has a graphics card, chances are it'll have an option to 'fix' the ratio of a game for you, so it stays 4:3 even if it goes fullscreen on a 16:9 widescreen monitor, so things won't be stretched. Now I don't think everybody has one and if you do it's different for each maker, but it's an option.

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Quote Originally Posted by Singe147 View Post
    Off the top of my head, SPRAY games such as Kichiku Megane and Steal open up as windows. Also Hunk's Workshop.

Most BL games have an option menu which allows you to change the fullscreen/window screen. Depending on the game, its location varies. It's usually accessed from the title screen when the game starts up.

How far in the game can you play until it crashes? It would also help to know the name of the game.
    When i click on the icon to play the game, for a split second it starts to open then my screen then just flashes different colors like green, red, blue, and white. I hear the sound and everything fine... i could even click on the options if i tried hard enpugh but its a hassle to try and guess where everything is..

Yaoi Addict
    Savings

(S026) Kei Yamashiro
    Hmm. What is your system specs, and what did you set the compatibility options to when you install the game? For some reason I feel that it's less your resolution, than your system screwing things up because it's reading some code incorrectly.

If it's REALLY the resolution, though, I wonder if getting a master save file with the correct settings would help.

To explain : many games, especially ones that use Visualart's system like Spray's, saves their configuration and 'unlocked CG/event count' in a separate system save file. This is usually created when you start a game, and will start with the default config. However, it might be possible to get a save file from somebody else who has already set it to windowed mode. You might need to install the game to the same path as that person, though.