aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 146
  1. #61
    Yaoi Amateur
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Nostraightsland ?
    Posts
    7
    Points
    0
    Savings
    0


    Makoto (L5)Tetsuo (L9)Youji (L9)
    Zenya (L5)
    Oh my god \o/ I didn't try it yet, but I have windows 10 and I try to run Togainu no Chi since forever T-T .
    I just have a question before experiencing your miraculous method.
    Do I have to overwritte the .exe before or after applying english patches? (i'm kind of dumb concerning computer, especially when every tips are in english on internet lol)
    If someone is volunteer to explain me step by step how to install TnC on windows 10 feel free tranform yourself into an amazing sensei lol .

    whatever, God thanks kojichan ~~


    EDIT: NOW IT'S OKAY. IT WORKS. JUST HOPING SAVES WILL WORK TOO ~~

    EDIT2 : (sorry XD), hum, the game starts but crash randomly, I mean I've started a new game, and after twice or three texts i've decided to save it to see how it works, and even without touching any save/load stuff, the game stay blocked and you cant do anything, even clickin on the cross to close the game. I need to right click on the task bar to close it. but the music is not disrupted at all '-' . So, help Q.Q
    Last edited by pinkflag; 07-02-2016 at 10:29 AM.

  2. #62
    Yaoi Supporter
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    170
    Points
    0
    Savings
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by pinkflag View Post


    EDIT2 : (sorry XD), hum, the game starts but crash randomly, I mean I've started a new game, and after twice or three texts i've decided to save it to see how it works, and even without touching any save/load stuff, the game stay blocked and you cant do anything, even clickin on the cross to close the game. I need to right click on the task bar to close it. but the music is not disrupted at all '-' . So, help Q.Q
    All my screenshots are taken with Togainu no Chi on Windows 10, running on Windows XP Service Pack 3 compatibility mode, with Administrator rights, installed on a custom folder (not default). UsingNO-CD patch.

    I have completed Keisuke (Good/Bad), Motomi and Rin routes, currently playing Shiki's.


    That hanging thing is normal. It happens to me as well and there is no permanent solution for that not to happen. From my experimentation hanging happens when you have a dialog box to go through during save/load (it's the confirmation screen like this one). It also happens sometimes when messing with "Configuration" dialog boxes.

    2016-07-03 03_07_54-咎狗の血.jpg
    Fig. 1. The inevitable dialog boxes that cause the hanging. It's a prompt of "you sure you want to overwrite/load this file". Nope, you can't remove this stuff, it's quite important.

    Btw, you should disable "Edit save file descriptions", I think it's been known to disable the temporary fix for the hang. And it also adds another of those hang inducing dialog box. Also, may make the game crazy as usually, it will use English alphabet in descriptions instead of kana.
    2016-07-03 03_09_07-togainu no chi install - Page 7.png
    Fig. 2. The Configuration box. Look at the bottommost option. Disable (uncheck) it. Then try saving on an empty slot; it will not hang at all.

    This is what I do to remove the hang: When it hangs, you go to the task bar, right click on the Togainu no Chi icon, then left click on Close Window. Don't worry, it won't automatically close the Togainu no Chi window.

    2016-07-03 03_14_07-咎狗の血.jpg
    Fig. 3. Look at the left hand side where the task bar is, along with the Togainu no Chi icon. Those are the right click options.

    After clicking on "Close Window", a prompt will appear (See Fig. 4). It's the game prompting you whether you really want to close the game. Pick "No". The game should unhang and you can play normally again. Until you encounter the dialog box again when overwriting save file or loading.

    2016-07-03 03_14_55-咎狗の血.jpg

    Fig. 4. The window that pops up when you click "Close Window" pointing the "No" choice.
    Last edited by monokuroe; 07-02-2016 at 02:36 PM.


  3. #63
    Yaoi Amateur
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Nostraightsland ?
    Posts
    7
    Points
    0
    Savings
    0


    Makoto (L5)Tetsuo (L9)Youji (L9)
    Zenya (L5)
    Quote Originally Posted by monokuroe View Post
    All my screenshots are taken with Togainu no Chi on Windows 10, running on Windows XP Service Pack 3 compatibility mode, with Administrator rights, installed on a custom folder (not default). UsingNO-CD patch.

    I have completed Keisuke (Good/Bad), Motomi and Rin routes, currently playing Shiki's.


    That hanging thing is normal. It happens to me as well and there is no permanent solution for that not to happen. From my experimentation hanging happens when you have a dialog box to go through during save/load (it's the confirmation screen like this one). It also happens sometimes when messing with "Configuration" dialog boxes.

    2016-07-03 03_07_54-咎狗の血.jpg
    Fig. 1. The inevitable dialog boxes that cause the hanging. It's a prompt of "you sure you want to overwrite/load this file". Nope, you can't remove this stuff, it's quite important.

    Btw, you should disable "Edit save file descriptions", I think it's been known to disable the temporary fix for the hang. And it also adds another of those hang inducing dialog box. Also, may make the game crazy as usually, it will use English alphabet in descriptions instead of kana.
    2016-07-03 03_09_07-togainu no chi install - Page 7.png
    Fig. 2. The Configuration box. Look at the bottommost option. Disable (uncheck) it. Then try saving on an empty slot; it will not hang at all.

    This is what I do to remove the hang: When it hangs, you go to the task bar, right click on the Togainu no Chi icon, then left click on Close Window. Don't worry, it won't automatically close the Togainu no Chi window.

    2016-07-03 03_14_07-咎狗の血.jpg
    Fig. 3. Look at the left hand side where the task bar is, along with the Togainu no Chi icon. Those are the right click options.

    After clicking on "Close Window", a prompt will appear (See Fig. 4). It's the game prompting you whether you really want to close the game. Pick "No". The game should unhang and you can play normally again. Until you encounter the dialog box again when overwriting save file or loading.

    2016-07-03 03_14_55-咎狗の血.jpg

    Fig. 4. The window that pops up when you click "Close Window" pointing the "No" choice.

    Oh my goddness, it seems to work, I've diseabled the thing on the config window, and I do the task bar thing when the hang happens :o !
    thank you thank you very much, I'm going to continue the game and see if it will work always.
    The first time i've read your post I didnt understand, at the 4th times everything becomes clear *w* ! You've done it well, step by step and in addition you've put screenshots omg *w* . lot of thanks. I think I'll stay in touch with this topic ~
    I can now hoping playing TnC fully

  4. #64
    Yaoi Supporter
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    170
    Points
    0
    Savings
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by pinkflag View Post
    Oh my goddness, it seems to work, I've diseabled the thing on the config window, and I do the task bar thing when the hang happens :o !
    thank you thank you very much, I'm going to continue the game and see if it will work always.
    The first time i've read your post I didnt understand, at the 4th times everything becomes clear *w* ! You've done it well, step by step and in addition you've put screenshots omg *w* . lot of thanks. I think I'll stay in touch with this topic ~
    I can now hoping playing TnC fully
    Lol omg, was my instructions confusing? Well, I'm glad you manage to understand it.

    Hope you finish the game, happy playing ;D

  5. #65
    Yaoi Amateur
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    4
    Points
    500,100
    Savings
    18,000


    Thank you so much!!

    Do you have something like that for Lamento as well?

  6. #66
    Total Yaoi Freak

    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    1,778
    Points
    6,000,000
    Savings
    1,721,080


    Wing 1 (Left)Shou (L5)Wing 1 (Right)
    Kid (L2)Shinichi (L1)Kai (L5)
    Just posting this here for the sake of making it available to everyone.

    This is going to be a step-by-step guide to installing Togainu no Chi, I hope people will find it useful!


    I'm sorry it's gonna look huge, but it's explained in simple terms to make it easier to follow. ^^ If you already have some of these steps done, just find the appropriate step you need.


    Also, I put each part in SPOILER tags so it doesn't look as scary, and you can go through each part separately. Click the [SHOW] button to open the next step as you go!


    ---------------


    Part 1 - Setting your System Locale to Japanese



    ---------------


    Part 2 - An ISO Mounting Program



    ---------------


    Part 3 - Archive extraction program



    ---------------


    Part 4 - Downloading the Game



    ---------------


    Part 5 - Extracting and Mounting the game ISO



    ---------------


    Part 6 - Installing the game! ^_^



    ---------------


    Part 7 - Downloading the English Patch (and core update)


    ** If you used the download for the Togainu no Chi ISO I suggested, you will ALREADY HAVE THE ENGLISH PATCH! Please advance to Part 8 directly!


    >> 'I don't have it, because I downloaded the ISO from somewhere else. Please show me how to download it!'


    ---------------


    Part 8 - Update the Game core



    ---------------


    Part 9 - Run the Image Patcher



    ---------------


    Part 10 - Copy the English Patch to the proper folder



    ---------------


    Part 11 - Replace the program with a NoCD version.



    ---------------


    Once that's done, your folder should look like mine:
    togainu_no_chi_files.png




    PLEASE IGNORE THE FACT THAT I HAVE A FILE NAMED "script.pak.bak". It's just a backup of the script I made. Purely my own choice, you won't have it!

    Also, the filesize of "togainunochi.exe" SHOULD BE 152 KB. Mine says 880 KB, that's the old version. The new one is 152 KB!!


    Let me know how it turned out for you! ^^

  7. + Show/Hide thank you list


  8. #67
    Yaoi Amateur
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    1
    Points
    0
    Savings
    0


    Problems with the installing process on windows 10?

    I've tried installing TnC on a windopws 10 computer, and somehow I can't even get it to open the "install game" when the little menu with Akirea appears. The client just crashes/freezes, and never really opens an actual "manager" where I can press the next-button.

    The files for mounting has ben downloaded without any problems, and I figurered the trouble was with the DirectX 9 - however even after making sure directX 9 games are working on the computer, it still won't open the installation manager.
    Has anyone encountered this problem before?
    I've tried downloading the game from different sources, with no luck.

    Never had problems with Lamento or Sweet pool.

  9. #68
    Yaoi Supporter
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    170
    Points
    0
    Savings
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by Jordbear View Post
    I've tried installing TnC on a windopws 10 computer, and somehow I can't even get it to open the "install game" when the little menu with Akirea appears. The client just crashes/freezes, and never really opens an actual "manager" where I can press the next-button.

    The files for mounting has ben downloaded without any problems, and I figurered the trouble was with the DirectX 9 - however even after making sure directX 9 games are working on the computer, it still won't open the installation manager.
    Has anyone encountered this problem before?
    I've tried downloading the game from different sources, with no luck.

    Never had problems with Lamento or Sweet pool.
    1. What is your Windows 10 Version and build? (Type "winver" on Start search. You'll see the build in a dialog box, the version you can see on "System" when you right-click the Start Button)
    Ex. Windows 10 Home Single Language Build 1607 --> My Windows 10 Version and Build

    2. Did you properly put your laptop/PC to System Locale JP?

    3. Is your installer properly downloaded?
    Use this online MD5 Checker to check whether your ISO has downloaded completely.

    Online MD5 Hash Generator & SHA1 Hash Generator

    Browse for your unzipped ISO/IMG-CUE-CCD file, upload it, then on the "Compare with", put this code (this is based on my own working ISO file and an IMG-CUE-CCD file):

    isotogainu01.iso (576 574 KB) MD5 - 4F73DA8DC074CE6EA332BCB11C138DE6
    togainu.img (662 160 KB, with togainu.CCD and togainu.CUE, Fuwanovel version) MD5 - 83754BA7FFE0B84B4227880F7A9E416F
    Well, if this aren't the name of the files you've dl'd the hash check might fail. If the size of your image is close to the sizes I provided, probably the download is not corrupted.

    4. What is your mounting device? Daemon Tools? If it is, try downloading VirtualClone Drive instead. Then Run as Administrator.


    If all else fails *shrug


  10. #69
    Total Yaoi Freak

    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    1,778
    Points
    6,000,000
    Savings
    1,721,080


    Wing 1 (Left)Shou (L5)Wing 1 (Right)
    Kid (L2)Shinichi (L1)Kai (L5)
    I believe the latest Daemon Tools Lite doesn't work well with TnC's ISO (Or many other VN ISO's for that matter, they changed the way it works).

    Microsoft has a default ISO loader in Windows 10, however I'm not privy to how it works. If all else fails, as monokuroe suggested, do try VirtualClone Drive.


    If you're interested in starting over, or seeing an installation guide to see what might be wrong, here is a guide for you:
    http://aarinfantasy.com/forum/f49/t1...ml#post4390495


  11. #70
    Yaoi Amateur
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    18
    Points
    400,000
    Savings
    0


    All my screenshots are taken with Togainu no Chi on Windows 10, running on Windows XP Service Pack 3 compatibility mode, with Administrator rights, installed on a custom folder (not default). UsingNO-CD patch.

    I have completed Keisuke (Good/Bad), Motomi and Rin routes, currently playing Shiki's.

    That hanging thing is normal. It happens to me as well and there is no permanent solution for that not to happen. From my experimentation hanging happens when you have a dialog box to go through during save/load (it's the confirmation screen like this one). It also happens sometimes when messing with "Configuration" dialog boxes.


    Fig. 1. The inevitable dialog boxes that cause the hanging. It's a prompt of "you sure you want to overwrite/load this file". Nope, you can't remove this stuff, it's quite important.

    Btw, you should disable "Edit save file descriptions", I think it's been known to disable the temporary fix for the hang. And it also adds another of those hang inducing dialog box. Also, may make the game crazy as usually, it will use English alphabet in descriptions instead of kana.

    Fig. 2. The Configuration box. Look at the bottommost option. Disable (uncheck) it. Then try saving on an empty slot; it will not hang at all.

    This is what I do to remove the hang: When it hangs, you go to the task bar, right click on the Togainu no Chi icon, then left click on Close Window. Don't worry, it won't automatically close the Togainu no Chi window.


    Fig. 3. Look at the left hand side where the task bar is, along with the Togainu no Chi icon. Those are the right click options.

    After clicking on "Close Window", a prompt will appear (See Fig. 4). It's the game prompting you whether you really want to close the game. Pick "No". The game should unhang and you can play normally again. Until you encounter the dialog box again when overwriting save file or loading.


    Fig. 4. The window that pops up when you click "Close Window" pointing the "No" choice.


    Hello!

    I tried that you wrote there. I disabled "Edit save file descriptions" (tick is out). I finally could save an empty slot (it's very hard, because the dialog box is always there). But I couldn't do the "Close Window, pick "No" solution when I tried to load a saved file, totally freeze the whole thing (blue circle around "No")


    That was the last hope for me...


 

 
Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •