aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Wing 1 (Left)Shou (L5)Wing 1 (Right)
    Kid (L2)Shinichi (L1)Kai (L5)
    Origami (L4)Yosuke P4 (L1)Subaru Sumeragi (L3)
    Quote Originally Posted by keikeira View Post
    Hi again, thanks for the link! It did install the game (after a TONNE of fiddling around) however, when I try and start the game, it doesn't enter the game, it just exits the window. I've tried running the apps (including the DX installation, which works on the Windows Vista compatibility) on the compatibility that works for them (it seems to be Vista). Do you have any information that might help in running the game?
    Thanks,
    Keikeira

Hmm! Well, what I can suggest, is to make sure TnC is NOT installed in the default location. The default location is C:\Program Files (x86)\NitroplusCHiRAL\咎狗の血\ But because TnC is an older game, it's going to try to save it's files in the same folder. Windows HATES that, so install the game somewhere else. For example, my TnC is installed to C:\Games\NitroplusCHiRAL\咎狗の血\ ^^

Doing this will also help with the English patch, which sometimes won't work in the default location.

Lastly, there was a Windows update back in September that nuked TnC. It won't start at all. The version of TnC that's on the internet is supposed to check the CD Drive to see if the disk is in there, but Windows nuked that functionality.

Instead, I offer you a NoCD version of the EXE, that was made for Windows Vista (So it'll work on 7, 8 and 10):
    https://mega.nz/#!5dYwnDwD!D27r8LJP6...LANBXHrHqveYhc

Download this and extract this EXE, OVERWRITE the EXE in the installation folder.

It might work in the default location, I haven't tried that myself as I never install to the default location. o.o Do let me know if you try that, however, and if it works.

Good luck!
    Last edited by Kojichan; 11-06-2015 at 08:23 AM.

2. + Show/Hide thank you list

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Quote Originally Posted by Kojichan View Post
    Hmm! Well, what I can suggest, is to make sure TnC is NOT installed in the default location. The default location is C:\Program Files (x86)\NitroplusCHiRAL\咎狗の血\ But because TnC is an older game, it's going to try to save it's files in the same folder. Windows HATES that, so install the game somewhere else. For example, my TnC is installed to C:\Games\NitroplusCHiRAL\咎狗の血\ ^^

Doing this will also help with the English patch, which sometimes won't work in the default location.

Lastly, there was a Windows update back in September that nuked TnC. It won't start at all. The version of TnC that's on the internet is supposed to check the CD Drive to see if the disk is in there, but Windows nuked that functionality.

Instead, I offer you a NoCD version of the EXE, that was made for Windows Vista (So it'll work on 7, 8 and 10):

https://mega.nz/#!dJp0RSKa!V7MPzzWuJ..._oLbM5QJF-eVls

Download this and extract this EXE, OVERWRITE the EXE in the installation folder.

It might work in the default location, I haven't tried that myself as I never install to the default location. o.o Do let me know if you try that, however, and if it works.

Good luck!
    Thank you sooooo much!! I've gotten the game to work!! I'm so keen to play it now!!! I've wanted to play this game for sooooo long, so again, thank you soo much!

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Have fun! ^^

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Makoto Tachibana (L6)Levi SnK (L8)Aoba (L2)
    Mink (L4)Flower 1 (Pink)Noiz (L6)
    Clear (L9)(S040) Ryouma(S041) Izumi

Good luck!
    I Love you!!! Thank you for this patch! On a side note I think your fix should be added to the download page so that people can see this. It took me quite a bit of searching in order for me to find this one post Thanks Again!!!

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

I would like to take this opportunity to thank Kojichan for saving me from stress. Indeed, Microsoft knows how to nuke programs. Finally, the game is back running after I received a Win 8.1 update.

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Quote Originally Posted by moonlight_angel_baby View Post
    I Love you!!! Thank you for this patch! On a side note I think your fix should be added to the download page so that people can see this. It took me quite a bit of searching in order for me to find this one post Thanks Again!!!
    Too bad that post is locked. ^^ I'll ask an Admin to see if it's possible to add that post.

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Good luck!
    Good morning! (dear me, it's 7AM back here and I haven't gone to sleep yet due to this issue - I get all stressed and won't calm down until I try all possibilities.. And even so, if I don't fix the problem, I might end my night just chewing on my bottom lip, irritated out of my wits and worried too.. Because I always worry if I did something bad to my computer unknowingly)

I would just like to thank Kojichan for all the efforts put into helping solve this Windows update problem that messed with TNC aka the "administrator-privileges-BUT-I-AM-THE-SOLE-ADMINISTRATOR-OF-THIS-COMPUTER-LISTEN-TO-YOUR-MISTRESS-KNAVE!!! "

Admittedly, I am not the best with technologies, my field is more along words xD So I turned to the internet completely mad and not understanding how could I have a problem with Togainu no Chi, seeing as I installed the game, on this same computer running on windows 7 (despite microsoft's pesky insistent on converting me into windows 10), around the beginning of this year with no problems whatsoever and had played it thoroughly. Heck, not even too long ago, I was helping a friend install it! It was baffling! I just hadn't played it for some time.. and suddenly PUFF!

It didn't occur to me it would be because of an update from microsoft right away, I thought instead back to the java updates. I currently have 2 different versions on my laptop, because Daganronpa won't run on newer versions, for example. But I still need to keep updating for a lot of things to work

I soon found what was going on thanks to Kojichan's informative posts. In different threads I found concerning this issue, before finally stumbling unto this one, I would see Kojichan's readiness to help others, each with their own contexts. And now my problem is solved! I lost all my saves, true, but I was intending to pick it up again and refresh my memory anyway *shrugs it off* (and yes, I did not install it on the default location)

So, I am REALLY REALLY thankful and I just wanted to make sure it was known; I appreciate the effort you've put into helping everyone, and your patience.
    Last edited by Regsly; 11-21-2015 at 01:48 AM.

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Quote Originally Posted by Regsly View Post
    Good morning! (dear me, it's 7AM back here and I haven't gone to sleep yet due to this issue - I get all stressed and won't calm down until I try all possibilities.. And even so, if I don't fix the problem, I might end my night just chewing on my bottom lip, irritated out of my wits and worried too.. Because I always worry if I did something bad to my computer unknowingly)

I would just like to thank Kojichan for all the efforts put into helping solve this Windows update problem that messed with TNC aka the "administrator-privileges-BUT-I-AM-THE-SOLE-ADMINISTRATOR-OF-THIS-COMPUTER-LISTEN-TO-YOUR-MISTRESS-KNAVE!!! "

Admittedly, I am not the best with technologies, my field is more along words xD So I turned to the internet completely mad and not understanding how could I have a problem with Togainu no Chi, seeing as I installed the game, on this same computer running on windows 7 (despite microsoft's pesky insistent on converting me into windows 10), around the beginning of this year with no problems whatsoever and had played it thoroughly. Heck, not even too long ago, I was helping a friend install it! It was baffling! I just hadn't played it for some time.. and suddenly PUFF!

It didn't occur to me it would be because of an update from microsoft right away, I thought instead back to the java updates. I currently have 2 different versions on my laptop, because Daganronpa won't run on newer versions, for example. But I still need to keep updating for a lot of things to work

I soon found what was going on thanks to Kojichan's informative posts. In different threads I found concerning this issue, before finally stumbling unto this one, I would see Kojichan's readiness to help others, each with their own contexts. And now my problem is solved! I lost all my saves, true, but I was intending to pick it up again and refresh my memory anyway *shrugs it off* (and yes, I did not install it on the default location)

So, I am REALLY REALLY thankful and I just wanted to make sure it was known; I appreciate the effort you've put into helping everyone, and your patience.
    Oh wow. That was quite an ordeal you went through! XP I understand it though, hahah! I'm so glad that you got it to work, now, though! ^^ I'm really sorry about your saves, but restarting can sometimes be refreshing! I was contemplating that myself with DRAMAtical Murder, as it's been 3ish some years for me. XDD

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Thanks :3 Yeah, I was gonna do it anyway, so this just prevents me from cheating by skipping text xD (since I'm a "completionist")

Speaking of DmMd, I know this isn't the proper place but, I hadn't picked it up in a while, so when I noticed TNC's issue, I went to check DmMd too.

So the interesting part is as follows, Noiz's Bad End 1 (the nice world :v) always crashed back then right at the end - maybe my laptop needed some update, but I was at a location without internet so I played the whole thing and must have forgotten after some time-, so this time I opened my save and it went as smooth as silk. Finally got to listen to the retro ending and get the final extra CG on the gallery.
    I'm currently experiencing mixed feelings. xD Hmm, thanks, microsoft? (How could I forget to complete it though..)

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

XD That's awesome! You got to finish that ending. OH! But did that mean you never got to play the Final Route that comes after completing the Good/Bad endings of Kojaku, Noiz, Clear and Mink? That fifth one...?

Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast