aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast
    Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Quote Originally Posted by mcarol85 View Post
    i'm running windows 7, and it works fine except for when i save or load. it hangs for a bit.
    Just wanted to share the work around i found when it hangs like that (cannot progress the chat, or leave the save screen, mouse does not seem to register). All i had to do was right click and try to close it. The yes no prompt comes up, and i can't hit anything because the mouse icon is the loading icon. Then i go into task manager (ctrl alt delete, open task manager) and right click the game application, selecting end task. but instead of hitting end task, i hit cancel, and then go back to the yes no prompt (there will now be a second one) and i am able to hit no (to both) and the game works again.

Hope that helps anyone.

I was originally trying to change compatibility modes, and changing run as administrator - but it would not have my loads... so i didn't feel like starting over when i discovered this workaround. seems to work each time for me now.
    I don't know if you're going to see this since it's so old but I have the same problem but I can't hit the cancel button you're talking about

Yaoi Addict

Savings

Akashi (L7)Heart 1 (Blue)Kuroko (L7)
    Kuroko (L8)Heart 1 (Red)Akashi (L9)
    Lan WangJi / Lan Zhan (L6)Spacer 1(S052) Yuri Katsuki
    @xabbysucksx;

The cancel is when you try to end the task using Task manager.

1. Hit Ctrl Alt Delete
    2. Select Task Manager
    3. Right click on the game application task, select End task
    4. when you select, it will prompt you 'hey are you sure you want to End this task?'
    5. then you hit Cancel cuz you weren't sure

this used to work for me, but it's been a while since i tried it.

hope that helps.

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

I downloaded it from piratebay and was able to get it to the main screen but as soon as I tried to run the game it just shuts off.

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Wing 1 (Left)Shou (L5)Wing 1 (Right)
    Kid (L2)Shinichi (L1)Kai (L5)
    Origami (L4)Yosuke P4 (L1)Subaru Sumeragi (L3)
    Quote Originally Posted by ChildoftheNight View Post
    I downloaded it from piratebay and was able to get it to the main screen but as soon as I tried to run the game it just shuts off.
    You say you tried to run the game... was what you downloaded the entire game already pre-installed? Or did you install the game yourself?

Could you please post some screenshots of the files you downloaded?

Also, don't forget that your System Unicode Locale needs to be set to Japan!

http://aarinfantasy.com/forum/f360/t...ml#post4219281

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Still in Japanese

Hey guys, I'm a little late to the party, but I had given up on this game three years ago when I just couldn't get it to install on my laptop. Yesterday I was able to successfully install the game on my Surface using the NoCD version posted earlier (you are a life saver and I love you) and the game finally runs smoothly...only, it's still in Japanese, even though I installed the English patch. I searched through the thread before deciding to post, but it's entirely possible I missed something (I'm still lost on using this Surface, so even a simple task like searching is a struggle...). If someone would be so lovely, as you all have been so far, and point me in the right direction to get this baby going, I'd be eternally grateful!

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Quote Originally Posted by Obakehime View Post
    Hey guys, I'm a little late to the party, but I had given up on this game three years ago when I just couldn't get it to install on my laptop. Yesterday I was able to successfully install the game on my Surface using the NoCD version posted earlier (you are a life saver and I love you) and the game finally runs smoothly...only, it's still in Japanese, even though I installed the English patch. I searched through the thread before deciding to post, but it's entirely possible I missed something (I'm still lost on using this Surface, so even a simple task like searching is a struggle...). If someone would be so lovely, as you all have been so far, and point me in the right direction to get this baby going, I'd be eternally grateful!
    Welcome aboard, Obakehime! ^_^

I have an idea of what it could be, but before I rule that out as an option, could you please take a screenshot of the folder where you installed Togainu no Chi?

togainu_no_chi_files.png

It should look VERY similar to mine in terms of number of files and file sizes. (Ignore the fact that I have a script.pak.bak file, it's a backup of the original. You don't need it. Also, my EXE isn't the NoCD version, so it's filesize is also wrong.)

Afterwards, we'll go from there. ^^

Since the Surface is a tablet, it uses Solid State for it's "hard drive". It might be the case that files are read and accessed in a "First in, first out" basis for this system. Which in turn means that the English patches won't be red before the game's own files (which is how it should be on a normal computer).

We'll see how your files are first.

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Subaru Sumeragi (L3)Subaru (L2)Seishirou (L2)
    Gilgamesh (L5)Archer (L6)Akira Takanashi (L7)
    Kuroko (L1)Aomine Daiki (L1)Midoriya Izuku (L3)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kojichan View Post
    Togainu no Chi is somewhat playable on Windows 10, but it's hit or miss as to whether it will work for you.

A greater portion of people can't save or load, and another portion can't get passed the intro video.

I'm sure that's one of the reasons why Nitro+CHiRAL re-released the game.

You could look into Windows virtualization, where you run an older copy of Windows (Like Windows XP) inside Windows 10 itself. I haven't done it myself, yet, but a lot of people can do it. If you plan on keeping that Windows XP Virtual machine on your computer for more than 30 days, though, you'll need to have a Windows XP license.
    Will it work better on Windows 7, my old laptop still has windows 7 and I was wondering if I would have a better chance of getting it to run, I been wanting to play this game for almost two years

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Quote Originally Posted by FujoshiFan96 View Post
    Will it work better on Windows 7, my old laptop still has windows 7 and I was wondering if I would have a better chance of getting it to run, I been wanting to play this game for almost two years
    There is a slightly better chance of it working. ^_^ As long as you haven't done any Windows Updates for a few years, and don't go online to visit very questionable sites very often.

My old Windows 7 install worked fine with TnC up until I converted it to Windows 10. (It still sorta works for me, but now I have a weird video codec issue where I can't see videos played in games. XP Stupid CCCP.)

Go ahead and try it there!

Here's a step-by-step instruction for how to download, setup, and install Togainu no Chi:
    http://aarinfantasy.com/forum/f49/t1...ml#post4390495

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Subaru Sumeragi (L3)Subaru (L2)Seishirou (L2)
    Gilgamesh (L5)Archer (L6)Akira Takanashi (L7)
    Kuroko (L1)Aomine Daiki (L1)Midoriya Izuku (L3)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kojichan View Post
    There is a slightly better chance of it working. ^_^ As long as you haven't done any Windows Updates for a few years, and don't go online to visit very questionable sites very often.

My old Windows 7 install worked fine with TnC up until I converted it to Windows 10. (It still sorta works for me, but now I have a weird video codec issue where I can't see videos played in games. XP Stupid CCCP.)

Go ahead and try it there!

Here's a step-by-step instruction for how to download, setup, and install Togainu no Chi:
    http://aarinfantasy.com/forum/f49/t1...ml#post4390495
    So i tried to install it on my windows 7 computer got it to mount and install fine but everytime i tried to open the game it gives me a message about product or just doesn't open at all. i change my computer region to japan. so im not sure why this happening

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Quote Originally Posted by FujoshiFan96 View Post
    So i tried to install it on my windows 7 computer got it to mount and install fine but everytime i tried to open the game it gives me a message about product or just doesn't open at all. i change my computer region to japan. so im not sure why this happening

I don't suppose you can take a screenshot, or a picture with your phone to post it here? I'd like to see what the message says. ^^

Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast