aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Adrienne

BL games run in 32-bit or 64-bit windows XP?

I would like you to tell me if you are playing BL games using a 32-bit or a 64-bit windows XP operating system.

I know for sure that games like Kichiku Megane and STEAL! play perfectly with windows XP 32-bit. But I don't know about 64-bit, or older games.

I found a way to use windows 7 and apply an XP Mode that allows full compatibility with older XP applications, including Japanese/BL games.

But I need to know if BL games, both a little older and newer ones (e.g. Kichiku Megane/R, STEAL!, Messiah, Togainu no Chi, Sweet Pool, Absolute Obedience) support a 32-bit or a 64-bit windows XP. I need to know this in order to buy a windows 7 ultimate edition that is 32-bit or 64-bit accordingly.

Looking forward to your replies, thanks in advance!

Yaoi Lover

Savings

Steve Rogers (L9)Star 1 (Yellow)Tony Stark (L9)
    Iron Man (L9)Star 1 (Yellow)Captain America (L9)
    Spacer 1Tony Stark (L10)Spacer 1

If I remember correctly fromt he puter we used at work you can run 32bit games if you have windows 64bit
    You have two separate Program Files one for programs installed with 32bits and one with 64

Also wiki my friend:

32 vs 64 bit

A change from a 32-bit to a 64-bit architecture is a fundamental alteration, as most operating systems must be extensively modified to take advantage of the new architecture. Other software must also be ported to use the new capabilities; older software is usually supported through either a hardware compatibility mode (in which the new processors support the older 32-bit version of the instruction set as well as the 64-bit version), through software emulation, or by the actual implementation of a 32-bit processor core within the 64-bit processor (as with the Itanium processors from Intel, which include an x86 processor core to run 32-bit x86 applications). The operating systems for those 64-bit architectures generally support both 32-bit and 64-bit applications[11].

One significant exception to this is the AS/400, whose software runs on a virtual ISA, called TIMI (Technology Independent Machine Interface) which is translated to native machine code by low-level software before being executed. The low-level software is all that has to be rewritten to move the entire OS and all software to a new platform, such as when IBM transitioned their line from the older 32/48-bit "IMPI" instruction set to 64-bit PowerPC (IMPI wasn't anything like 32-bit PowerPC, so this was an even bigger transition than from a 32-bit version of an instruction set to a 64-bit version of the same instruction set).

While 64-bit architectures indisputably make working with large data sets in applications such as digital video, scientific computing, and large databases easier, there has been considerable debate as to whether they or their 32-bit compatibility modes will be faster than comparably-priced 32-bit systems for other tasks. In x86-64 architecture (AMD64), the majority of the 32-bit operating systems and applications are able to run smoothly on the 64-bit hardware.

Sun's 64-bit Java virtual machines are slower to start up than their 32-bit virtual machines because Sun has only implemented the "server" JIT compiler (C2) for 64-bit platforms.[12] The "client" JIT compiler (C1), which produces less efficient code but compiles much faster, is unavailable on 64-bit platforms.

Speed is not the only factor to consider in a comparison of 32-bit and 64-bit processors. Applications such as multi-tasking, stress testing, and clustering—for HPC (high-performance computing)—may be more suited to a 64-bit architecture when deployed appropriately. 64-bit clusters have been widely deployed in large organizations such as IBM, HP and Microsoft, for this reason.

Adrienne
    Thanks KarumA for your detailed explanation, it helped clarify a lot of things.
    I will buy the 64-bit Windows 7 Ultimate without second thought now.