aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Wing 1 (Left)Shou (L5)Wing 1 (Right)
    Kid (L2)Shinichi (L1)Kai (L5)
    Origami (L4)Yosuke P4 (L1)Subaru Sumeragi (L3)
    Hello oGaga! ^_^

Nitro+CHiRAL has a new version of Lamento out, that they remade to work in Windows 10 explicitly. The older version of Lamento was meant for Windows XP/Windows 7 and (might) have issues running in Windows 10. Because Togainu no Chi has issues in Windows 8/10 (as it was built for Windows XP specifically), they re-coded the game to work in Windows 10. They did the same thing with Lamento.

Because of that, the game uses a different packing format for their script files. So the old English nss-patch.npa won't work on the new Lamento program, so a special "Windows 10" version was released for that. ^^

If you downloaded the game without buying their new version from their website, use the old patch instead. The new one is purely for people who have bought the new "Windows 10" version.

Yaoi Addict
    Savings

Asato (L9)Konoe (L2)Rai Lamento (L9)
    DS_001_leftFlower 1 (Pink)DS_001_right
    KiraraEren SnK (L2)Pikachu
    Yup, what Koji said.
    The win10 patch isn't for windows 10 users playing lamento in general, because if you're running a downloaded version of the game you're most likely not using the updated version of the game made to cooperate better with win10.

The only difference between the two nss-patch versions is the type of encryption. If you haven't specifically gotten the windows 10 compatible version of the game officially from N+C, you'll want to use nss-patch, not the windows 10 version of nss-patch. Even if you're running win10 as your OS.

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

SHORTCUT ACCIDENTALLY DELETED/DAMGED, SOLUTION
    If you have done a disc cleanup and your desktop shortcut and file shortcut no longer work, I HAVE FOUND A WAY TO START THE GAME AND KEEP YOUR SAVES.
    This requires having Daemon Tools Lite (free download)
    1. Go into Daemon Tools
    2. Select "Quick Mount" at the bottom of the window
    3. Select LAMENTO_DVD ISO File
    4. There will be a disc icon labeled LAMENTO_DVD in Daemon Tools now next to the Quick Mount option. Click on it.
    5. Press "Yes" to the pop-up
    6. When the installer screen shows up, select "Game Start", it will be the first option.
    Enjoy! I hope that this works for anyone else with the same issue!

- - - Updated - - -

NOTICE you will still need your clock and region set to Japan! I am playing Lamento on Windows 11, if that matters to anyone.

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

I have been trying to get this game to work for the past two hours and I have no idea what more to do. I don't even think it installed properly as I can't see any save folders yet I got the desktop shortcut witch even opened with daemon but after clicking "Game Start" nothing happens not even an error. I'd really appriaciate any help >:

EDIT: Figured it out
    Last edited by Juntsuro; 02-20-2024 at 10:03 AM.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345