aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Silver Chaos Fanbox: Eternal Fantasia

Hey! I installed Silver Chaos Fanbox: Eternal Fantasia just a few minutes ago and patched it up successfully from what I know, but when I go to play it, it gives me one of those window errors: "MainSystem.exe has stopped working" etc.

I've been playing around with redownload/reinstalling/repatching and the thing is that the game plays perfectly when I don't apply the patch, so I'm guessing it's something to do with the patch? I'm running Vista if that helps, thanks!

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

KumaguroShuichi (L6)Howl (L3)
    Yuki Eiri (L5)Might (L1)Usami (L2)
    Misaki (L1)Soubi (L2)
    I get the same error right after the opening song and I don't know how to fix it.....

I just downloaded Silver Chaos and I have never downloaded a game before so I am truly at a loss
    I'm on window's XP. Sorry I couldn't help but you were asking my exact question.... Hopefully some one else can help.

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

I am having the same problem! (cry cry) I am also on Vista.
    Last edited by shutterboxrat; 09-21-2009 at 05:07 PM.

Yaoi Fan

Savings

(S029) Charles J. Chrishunds (Charley)(S028) Fushimi Saruhiko(S027) Usami Akihiko
    Angeal (L6)(S017) Tatsumi Souichi(S026) Kei Yamashiro
    (S012) Hollow Ichigo(S013) Akihito(S011) Usami Fuyuhiko
    Is your system on Japanese for non -unicode program? If not, you can set them by going to control panel and clicking the regional setting and go advanced. there, just scroll down till you find japanese.

As, for the patch, I played the game with the patch no problem. Sometimes, there's a problem with the skip function (where your system can't keep up) <- it happens to me.

Hope that helps.

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

I am changing to Japanese for non -unicode programs before I install the game. Or at least I think I am.

I go to the "Control Panel," then click on "Clock, Language, and Region," then click on "Regional and Language Options," when the "Regional and Language Options" opens up I have four tabs to choose from and I select "Administrative."
    In the "Administrative" section it says, "Language for non-Unicode programs: This setting (system locale) controls the language used when displaying text in programs that do not support Unicode." I click on "Change system locale," then select "Japanese (Japan)," then click "OK," and finally I click "Restart" when the computer tells me to restart.

Is this correct?

This is my first time trying to play a Japanese game in Japanese. The only games I have played are Enzai, Absolute Obedience, and Silver Chaos (which had instructions on the English patch that said I could install it and the english patch without changing the computer setting).

If you have any more suggestions please let me know. Especially since cooro and I are not the only ones having problems with "MainSystem.exe," there is also someone at Hong Fire Anime Network who is having similar problems with "MainSystem.exe" on the same game.

Thank you very much for reading my posts and responding!

Yaoi Fan

Savings

(S029) Charles J. Chrishunds (Charley)(S028) Fushimi Saruhiko(S027) Usami Akihiko
    yep... supposed to be that way.. since most of japanese BL games need the system local to be in Japan before you can play any of them.

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Thank you very much for responding to me MrCat! I was wondering if I am ever able to install Silver Chaos Fanbox and the English patch successfully, should I change my system back to English? Is it possible to change back to an English setting after you have installed a Japanese game?

Yaoi Fan

Savings

yeppp no worries, but you had to change the system back to japanese again if you want to play. Have fun

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Thank you very much for the reply MrCat. I will keep that in mind for the next Japanese game I download.

On a different note, no one seems to know how to solve my problem, so is there anywhere else I can go to get help?

Yaoi Fan

Savings

HUh ? What problem? You still have problem installing?

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast