aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Wing 1 (Left)Shou (L5)Wing 1 (Right)
    Kid (L2)Shinichi (L1)Kai (L5)
    Origami (L4)Yosuke P4 (L1)Subaru Sumeragi (L3)
    A Security Measure is Anti-Piracy.

Some games want to check, or verify, that you actually own the game and are not playing an illegal copy. So they "Check" that the game CD is inserted into the CD drive before it starts. Silver Chaos, and Togainu no Chi are a couple examples of games that require the CD.

You have to make 100% sure that the CD is inserted to the exact same CD drive you used to install the game.

This goes with ISO mounted games as well. I noticed you seem to have a couple of different mounted ISO's, using different Drives. Did you install Silver Chaos with the drive that it's currently mounted to?

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Aiichiro Nitori (L3)Ayase (L8)Rin Matsuoka (L9)
    Taki (L2)Shirotani Tadaomi (L8)Izumi (young) (L1)
    Shiro (L2)Aki HY (L8)Sonic (L6)
    The thing is i didnt install Silver Chaos in Daemon. It had the installed files already in the folder so there was no need to mount....

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Quote Originally Posted by suzunehajime View Post
    The thing is i didnt install Silver Chaos in Daemon. It had the installed files already in the folder so there was no need to mount....
    Even if the game is 100% installed on the computer already, the game is checking to make sure you aren't playing the game illegally, like a pirate (Which we are...) so you absolutely NEED to have the ISO mounted in Daemon Tools. This is unfortunate, but a lot of games do this. (Like Togainu no Chi)

So until it finds a mounted ISO or the original game disc, it may not work for you. I'm sorry.

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Count D (L3)Judas (L7)Vash the Stampede (L1)
    Soubi (L2)Seishirou (L2)Subaru (L2)
    Leon (L2)Kurama (L1)Kaname (L1)
    I know it's been a while since anyone's messed with this thread, but I think I found a solution for the Windows 8 users out there. I'll try to be as clear as possible, as it was somewhat confusing for me at first.

1) Download the game and apply the patch. Patch MUST be applied before anything else.

2) If you try to run the game at this point, the MainSystems.exe WILL crash. It's okay. Don't freak out.

3) Go to the original folder. This will be the folder where the game was originally downloaded BEFORE you installed the game. Like, my original folder was in my Downloads folder.

4) Find the folder and click on it. Go into DISC 1 and then PACK. You should see a file called GRAPHIC.cmp. Copy this file.

5) Now, go to the folder where your game is installed. Go into the folder labeled PACK here as well and paste the GRAPHIC.cmp. Replace the existing file.

Supposedly, this will help. However, I had changed my properties so that the game was running in compatible mode with Windows Vista (Service Pack 2). So, here's a step 6, just in case.

6) Right click on MainSystem in your installed folder and go into the Compatibility section. Check mark "Run this program in compatibility mode for:" and go down to Windows Vista (Service Pack 2).

- If this doesn't work, you may have to change your region and locale to Japan. But this process worked for my Windows 8 computer, so I hope this was helpful.

**EDIT: The options at the beginning will still show up in Japanese. The main text in game, however, will be in English. This is the best I can get at this point.

**EDIT 2: It looks like you will have to go through the MainSystems.exe file in the installed folder for the game to work after that. Can't get the shortcut to work.
    Last edited by asuramori; 11-03-2014 at 09:49 AM. Reason: Fixing grammar

ZionCelestia
    Replacing the GRAPHIC.cmp worked perfectly~ Thank you!

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Count D (L3)Judas (L7)Vash the Stampede (L1)
    Soubi (L2)Seishirou (L2)Subaru (L2)
    Leon (L2)Kurama (L1)Kaname (L1)
    Glad to have been of help.

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Flower 1 (Pink)Wing 1 (Left)Wing 1 (Right)
    Luka Crosszeria (L1)Hotsuma UB (L1)
    Can anyone help me please!
    I have windows 8 64 bit. I installed the game and the patch successfully, but when I tried to run the game, it would show the game banner/icon then an mainsystem.exe error message show up. I played this game before on my old windows 7 laptop. I forgot what I did before to get the game to work perfectly. I tried doing all of the suggestions that was mention in this post and other threads from other website I even tried searching online hoping there's other options, but I couldn't find anything else, nothing else work.
    Can someone please help me, I really want to play this game again.

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Heya! ^^

Well... may I start by asking where you installed the Silver Chaos Fanbox? Also, how are you running the game? Did you click on a shortcut, or are you actually in the Silver Chaos Fanbox folder and running the game from there?

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Flower 1 (Pink)Wing 1 (Left)Wing 1 (Right)
    Luka Crosszeria (L1)Hotsuma UB (L1)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kojichan View Post
    Heya! ^^

Well... may I start by asking where you installed the Silver Chaos Fanbox? Also, how are you running the game? Did you click on a shortcut, or are you actually in the Silver Chaos Fanbox folder and running the game from there?
    @Kojichan
    I installed the game in my programs (x86) folder, but since that error message pop up, I uninstalled and re installed it to the default folder that was set in the installation which was the documents folder.
    I tried running the game from the desktop but that didn't work so I tried running it from the folder that didn't work either. I even tried running the installed file in the mount and run it, but it didn't work either. I even created a short cut to my desktop but still nothing. I even went to properties and run the compatibility to the xp, vista, and even windows 7 but still nothing. I also tried running the game as admin but again, still nothing. >_<
    Am I doing something wrong? Is there any other way I can get it to run correctly?
    I also even tried to get the Graphic file from the pack folder in original folder and replaced it with the one that was patched that also didn't do anything for me. Some suggested that way and said it worked for them it didn't for me.
    Please help. >_<

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Quote Originally Posted by SakuraYamashita View Post
    @Kojichan
    I installed the game in my programs (x86) folder, but since that error message pop up, I uninstalled and re installed it to the default folder that was set in the installation which was the documents folder.
    I tried running the game from the desktop but that didn't work so I tried running it from the folder that didn't work either. I even tried running the installed file in the mount and run it, but it didn't work either. I even created a short cut to my desktop but still nothing. I even went to properties and run the compatibility to the xp, vista, and even windows 7 but still nothing. I also tried running the game as admin but again, still nothing. >_<
    Am I doing something wrong? Is there any other way I can get it to run correctly?
    I also even tried to get the Graphic file from the pack folder in original folder and replaced it with the one that was patched that also didn't do anything for me. Some suggested that way and said it worked for them it didn't for me.
    Please help. >_<
    Whew! o.o Thanks for that detailed list, narrows it down a lot. XD Just wanted to make sure it wasn't something else first.

Have you tried mounting the Silver Chaos Fanbox ISO? It's required to be mounted when you wanna play the game.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast