aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Nether Horizon

Savings

Luffy (L10)(Event) Forum - LawZoro (L10)
    DalekNaruto Sage (L10)TARDIS
    (Event) Forum - Rayflo(S061) Setagawa Masahiro(S060) Kousuke Ooshiba

Exclamation The Issue of Gender

This is a clarification of Site Policy, in response to recent concerns voice by several members regarding the Gender Information provided by various members of the site.

The Issue of Gender

One of the original perks of interacting via the Internet is anonymity and the freedom to adopt whatever persona one chooses. The cyber-environment has always been and probably always will--in some form or another--be conducive to this kind of escapism.

Virtual communities and pastimes are an escape-hatch from the stresses and pressures of daily life. There are many who see their online communities as a lifeline that helps them to distance themselves from the disappointments and difficulties of real life, so it should not be so difficult to understand that some people might choose to identify as a different gender online than in RL.

For some, the issue of gender identification is far more profound than enjoying the freedoms associated with a virtual or cyber identity. Despite the fact that people tend to adopt personae that are wildly different from their real life identities, in a lot of cases this might be an individual's only means of expressing their true selves.

When distanced from the sometimes rigid limitations of one's RL lifestyle, the first step one might take toward living his/her life more authentically, may very well be taken in this virtual environment, where the individual has been able to be truest to himself or herself without fear of recrimination or anxiety.

With these two important things in mind, Aarinfantasy.com will neither require members to somehow verify their physical gender, nor deny our members the personal freedom of adopting whatever online identity suits or empowers them.

In some cases, this actually does become a Human Rights issue and considering the nature of this community, we can certainly afford to be mindful of the difficulties that these members might be facing.

Sometimes, individuals who decide to embrace their true gender identity find the courage to do so in mid-life... the same way that homosexual or bisexual individuals might make a life altering choice about revealing their sexual orientation. Why should the former be less acceptable than the latter?

These individuals have no obligation whatsoever, to explain themselves or answer to anyone for their personal choices or assertions.

IMPORTANT WARNING:

Aarinfantasy.com DOES NOT condone any kind of lying FOR THE PURPOSE OF misleading, manipulating, scamming/defrauding, bullying or ridiculing others.

Reports of such predatory behavior will be handled/investigated on a case by case basis by the staff. If such behavior can be confirmed by the staff, the offending person will be immediately banned from this site--permanently. There will be no discussion and no room for excuses.

If you need to submit a complaint, simply send a private message to any mod or admin, clearly explaining your concerns or grievance and provide links or screen-shots to help us get as clear a picture of the situation as possible.

A Few helpful Hints:

Be as creative/adventurous as you'd like but don't go out of your way to be inconsiderate or cruel.

Be consistent. Being who you say you are is neither required nor enforceable but don't expect people to take you seriously if you make a habit of flaking out.

Take responsibility for yourself. If you're old enough to be on this website and know enough about the Internet to get here - then you should also realize that you can't take everything or everyone that you encounter on the Internet at face value. You can't simply EXPECT people to be who they say they are.

PLEASE NOTE:

This is a clarification of Site Policy, in response to recent concerns voice by several members regarding the Gender Information provided by various members of the site.

The issue is not up for debate.

This thread remains open for those who need any of the points mentioned above clarified.
    Last edited by Miko; 11-21-2009 at 07:59 AM.

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Yoite (L2)Ayase (L8)
    I don`t see why it should be a problem, if people want to say they are a different gender, people should let them.

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Yang Wen-Li (L2)Kusuriuri (L10)Haji (L5)
    Cloud (L9)Lady Oscar (L2)Seto (L7)
    Pray for JapanElizabethWolfwood (L10)

While I agree that people are free to be whoever they want here, I still think it could be nice to make it optional to fill in your gender for those that want it.

Just a suggestion, to make everyone happy. :3

Yaoi Devotee
    Savings

Lan Zhan / Lan WangJi (L9)SiZhui (L2)Wei Ying / Wei WuXian (L9)
    GuangYao (L7)XiChen (L7)MingJue (L7)
    YiLing P. (L9)Victor Nikiforov (chibi) (L10)Yuri Katsuki (chibi) (L10)
    Quote Originally Posted by ladyxzeus View Post
    While I agree that people are free to be whoever they want here, I still think it could be nice to make it optional to fill in your gender for those that want it.

Yea~ i love when sites make it optional to fill out gender. or sometimes have an alternative option for it (like theres 'male', 'female', 'other' or 'do not wish to disclose' or something) ^^

Nether Horizon

Savings

Quote Originally Posted by ladyxzeus View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Paisley Rose View Post
    Yea~ i love when sites make it optional to fill out gender. or sometimes have an alternative option for it (like theres 'male', 'female', 'other' or 'do not wish to disclose' or something) ^^

This topic exists only to clarify Site Policy.

Please keep this thread on-topic. If you'd like to make a suggestion, please feel free to make a thread in the Suggestions/Comments board.
    Last edited by Miko; 11-21-2009 at 03:54 PM.

Nether Horizon

Savings

I would like everyone who has concerns over this issue to re-read the first post in this thread.

It is not just my own personal opinion.

The statement in the first post of this thread represent the staff's official stance on this particular subject.

Please read it thoroughly and if you have any questions or if there is something you don't quite understand, this thread is open so that you can ask your questions and we will be happy to explain.

Bottom Line:
    No form of negative discrimination will be tolerated in this community.
    Last edited by Miko; 05-10-2010 at 08:30 PM.

bloodyprince
    i always fill the gender form with my real gender-- wait, not always =))
    but i'm filling the truth here

BANNED
    Savings

Virtual communities and pastimes are an escape-hatch from the stresses and pressures of daily life. There are many who see their online communities as a lifeline that helps them to distance themselves from the disappointments and difficulties of real life, so it should not be so difficult to understand that some people might choose to identify as a different gender online than in RL.

For some, the issue of gender identification is far more profound than enjoying the freedoms associated with a virtual or cyber identity. Despite the fact that people tend to adopt personae that are wildly different from their real life identities, in a lot of cases this might be an individual's only means of expressing their true selves.

When distanced from the sometimes rigid limitations of one's RL lifestyle, the first step one might take toward living his/her life more authentically, may very well be taken in this virtual environment, where the individual has been able to be truest to himself or herself without fear of recrimination or anxiety.