aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

View Poll Results: Is this a Contest you still want to see active? Why?

Voters
20. This poll is closed
  • Yes

17 85.00%
  • No

3 15.00%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Yaoi Lover

Savings

Deadpool (L9)Magnus Bane (L8)Jian Yi (L9)
    Haruki Nakayama (L10)(Event) Forum - Ritsuka Uenoyama(Event) Forum - Mafuyu Sato
    Byakuroku (L10)Kyouichi (L8)Kira Sumeragi (L5)

VOTE: Custom Profile of the Month (POTM) - March-April 2021

There are no entries, but please take the time and vote in the poll and leave a comment and maybe a suggestion on how to improve the participation.

Yaoi Supporter
    Savings

Shepard (L1)Star 1 (Yellow)Shepard (L6)
    Wing 1 (Left)Legion (L7)Wing 1 (Right)
    Garrus Vakarian (L10)Star 1 (Silver)Thane Krios (L7)
    I think Custom Profile of the Month is one of those contests that is harder to do since it requires some technical skill (on top of the aesthetic sense) to design a profile.
    I also think it's personally harder to let go of a previous custom profile to make a new one (changing profile designs) since it takes a lot of effort and time to design the profile in the first place, and if one switches their profile, it takes more effort to switch the design back to an older one (and since one can't save custom profiles, the changes have to start from scratch again).
    No clue how to improve the participation, though. Whenever I try to modify my profile, it takes me a long time, so usually I don't like changing it up again.

Extreme Yaoi Guru

Switzerland -> where Heidi lives...Just say 'cause it's a very small country you know XD
    Savings

Free SharkSOTM - 2 StarsFree Dolphin
    DS_006_leftHaruka Nanase (L9)Rin Matsuoka (L9)
    Eiji Okumura (L8)Ash Lynx (L8)DS_006_right

I think it's should be stay active, but as long there's not many different people who actually do profiles for people and themselves, it's better if this contest is held only once or twice a year...Maybe with a bigger winning price or so, but not monthly.

Extreme Yaoi Guru
    Savings

Wing 1 (Left)MROTM - 1 StarWing 1 (Right)
    (S063) Kensuke OoshibaXmas (002)(S062) Hasekura Asaya
    (S100) Hiromu Fujiyoshi(Event) Forum - Setagawa Masahiro(S101) Masaki Fujiyoshi

Hello and please leave the Custom Profile of the Month at Aarin. I am not good with making profiles but I like to vote and I like to see art/ work/ style etc.

Thank you.

edit: Hi again and I really like that thread but even the voting is not really good. Well, I have thought about it and I guess since not many will send in some custom-profiles over the year. So, thats why I suggest that we might just have once a year a Custom-Profile-Event.? Or something similar.
    Last edited by frano; 05-02-2021 at 11:40 AM.

Extreme Yaoi Guru

on the rooftop of Namimori Middle School with my husband
    Savings

Hibari (L1)Hibari (L8)Hibari (L3)
    Hibari (L7)Hibari (L10)Hibari (L4)
    Hibari (L6)Hibari (L9)Hibari (chibi) (L9)

I think it's hard enough to see entries for SOTM and MROTM (I am guilty, yes)... with the forum activity level... mmm... I am inclined to agree with sumire about maybe making it more infrequent but honestly I dunno if it would change anything... =T

Yaoi Addict
    Savings

Muraki (L8)(Event) Forum - Rayflo(Event) FaceBook - Yukina
    (Event) Forum - Juzumaru
    I think for the ones who like to create the profiles, or even want to try it at least, it's a good place to show them...
    that said and since it's not an easy job it should be more spaced between...

Extreme Yaoi Guru

Savings

Itachi (L10)Sasuke (L12)Naruto (Kyuubi) (L10)
    Griffith (L1)Star 1 (Silver)Guts (L1)
    Adachi (L4)Heart 4 (Rainbow)Kurosawa (L4)

I'd love to see this contest running again but I wouldn't participate. I'd love to see the beautiful entries! Fixing and rearranging can be time-consuming and difficult so I wouldn't want to mess my profile. Can participants rent a profile? I think there was a function like that. If so, that could be very helpful! <3

Yaoi Fan

Savings

(S022) IasonX Glassy Cross (translucent)(S021) Riki
    Iason (L9)X Standard (Black)Riki (L9)
    (S081) ShingoCoffee 1 (BL)Aoba (L12)
    As someone who only get's their profile beautiful for Christmas, I agree and say it's a wonderful way to award someone's talent. But it takes a lot of effort so would be definitely taxing on people to have it monthly. Definitely with the peeps above and thinking it would work, but like twice a year or something.

Extreme Yaoi Guru

Switzerland -> where Heidi lives...Just say 'cause it's a very small country you know XD
    Savings

Free SharkSOTM - 2 StarsFree Dolphin
    DS_006_leftHaruka Nanase (L9)Rin Matsuoka (L9)
    Eiji Okumura (L8)Ash Lynx (L8)DS_006_right

Question to anyone who would like to make a profile themselves, but don't know how.
    If there's a guide of how to begin, like the size of the background image, where exactly to put the text (VM/About Me ect), settings and other little details which would help to get around, would there be more people to actually make profiles and show them? Because I'm really thinking of doing one, just to wake up the gfx maker here! PLEASE I'm desperate here!

And no, I wouldn't give a guide for the gfx part itself, because I think everyone has their own style and everyone should try to it alone. There's a lot of profiles that you can take it as inspiration (in my shop there's screenshots of samples) and ellymate for example made lot of profiles for members too. As long it's not a copy 1 to 1 I think it should be fine So what do you think lurking gfx maker? Speak up, show yourself

Yaoi Lover

Savings

Deadpool (L9)Magnus Bane (L8)Jian Yi (L9)
    Haruki Nakayama (L10)(Event) Forum - Ritsuka Uenoyama(Event) Forum - Mafuyu Sato
    Byakuroku (L10)Kyouichi (L8)Kira Sumeragi (L5)

@sumire007; I'll search the forum because I found one tutorial here on af on how to make a profile. That helped me a lot in the beginning including how to set the profile.
    Edit:
    I found this click me. I.ll keep searching there's one more.

If I manage to fix my own laptop I will join you once again
    Last edited by ellymate; 06-16-2021 at 02:11 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast