aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Extreme Yaoi Guru

Savings

Kuroo Tetsurou (L9)Kenma Kozume (L9)Heart 5 (Red)
    Heart 5 (Red)Iwaizumi Hajime (L8)Oikawa Tooru (L9)
    Tanuma (L10)Natsume (L10)Makoto Tachibana (L6)

Quote Originally Posted by Isan View Post
    I don't agree about removing it entirely because some people can't limit themselves to just a few words. And they also use it to insult others. So no, that's not a good idea. Morever age =/= maturity at all. Reading a post full of cuss words is just offensive. Considering I've seen it done already with the censoring I can only imagine what it would be like without it.
    Yeah, totally agree. And you, being a mod, can you imagine all the reports you would start to get about people using inappropriate language, slandering one another, offending people with racial slurs, etc? Ugh.

Extreme Yaoi Guru

Amestris ~ spying on Maes & Roy in the shower
    Savings

Iron Man (L9)Thor (L9)Tony Stark (L9)
    Captain America (L9)Loki (L9)Steve Rogers (L9)
    Loki (L10)Deadpool (L9)Rin Matsuoka (L4)

That's a very good point, Isan & Artemis. I never thought of that. It's true that some people just can't restrain themselves, I suppose. How sad. This should be a happy place to hang out and enjoy some man lovin', why people would slander and put-down one another is beyond me.

Isan
    @bloodygem: I'm sorry but I still don't see how any cuss words are appropriate or necessary to express anything in a conversation. If you're talking about a manga or anime or whatever there's plenty of other words to use to replace censored ones to describe something happening in it.

Call me old or whatever but I don't see the necessitity to use that to get my point, opinion or expression accross for me personally There's ways to say everything afterall.
    It's about respect I think.
    Last edited by Isan; 11-06-2008 at 02:19 PM.

Extreme Yaoi Guru

Savings

Koko Hekmatyar (L5)Re-L Mayer (L3)Sion (L7)
    Nai (L6)Alois (L6)Ciel (L9)
    Strawberry Cake 1Ramen 1Lin Xianming (L8)

Who's speaking about racial slurs here. That's obviously unacceptable, plus you can offend someone without using any curse words. It's about how certain peaople like to colour their language. I mean we're not at the church here, we have the right between adults to speak like adults if we feel so. That's why it should be enabled as a choice, if you mind curses, be it disabled for you, if not, have all the curse words you love displayed on your screen.
    There's a difference between foul language and offensive or insulting language. Insults are forbidden under any form wether it uses a foul language or more urbane one.
    Respect, the word is given away as a shield to everything. I can disrespect you with 1001 different ways without using a single cuss word. It's about freedom of expression. We're not under the Victorian Era to respect such any etiquette. Personally, I try to limit my use of it, but sometimes, no word can be as good as a cuss word. Certain characters or situations required it. If you make a fic about inamtes in a prison, you will not make talk like ministers of the G8.
    Last edited by accatone; 11-06-2008 at 02:20 PM.

Isan
    @accatone: What you suggest is an idea but again I doubt it can be done. You have to understand that the forum works with what there is available to it in it's vbulletin options. If there's an option to do what you suggest great (that's for the admins to check), otherwise, we can't magically make it happen ^^;

As for the rest, I doubt you would accept anything I say so it's pointless to keep arguing about it but don't try to disrespect my own opinion on the subject.
    Last edited by Isan; 11-06-2008 at 02:29 PM.

Yaoi Expert

Savings

Wing 1 (Left)(S019) TinkleWing 1 (Right)
    Spacer 1Heart 4 (Rainbow)Spacer 1
    Luffy (L10)Sanji (L9)Ace (L10)

I agree to disenable it only in the fic section and I don't really see the point to cut it off completely, especially because it surely will be abused not only to throw around dirty-words but also to insult each other (as Isan said). Artemis brought up a good point too, how many reports will mods have to answer to?

It's really necessary to throw around so many dirty-words? Why? Can't be a conversation between adult people neat and clean?

Sure some sections are 18+ for their content but this don't justify the use of dirty-words freely without control.

Extreme Yaoi Guru

Savings

Kuroo Tetsurou (L9)Kenma Kozume (L9)Heart 5 (Red)
    Heart 5 (Red)Iwaizumi Hajime (L8)Oikawa Tooru (L9)
    Tanuma (L10)Natsume (L10)Makoto Tachibana (L6)

Quote Originally Posted by accatone View Post
    Who's speaking about racial slurs here. That's obviously unacceptable, plus you can offend someone without using any curse words. It's about how certain peaople like to colour their language. I mean we're not at the church here, we have the right between adults to speak like adults if we feel so. That's why it should be enabled as a choice, if you mind curses, be it disabled for you, if not, have all the curse words you love displayed on your screen.
    There's a difference between foul language and offensive or insulting language. Insults are forbidden under any form wether it uses a foul language or more urbane one.
    Respect, the word is given away as a shield to everything. I can disrespect you with 1001 different ways without using a single cuss word. It's about freedom of expression. We're not under the Victorian Era to respect such any etiquette. Personally, I try to limit my use of it, but sometimes, no word can be as good as a cuss word. Certain characters or situations required it. If you make a fic about inamtes in a prison, you will not make talk like ministers of the G8.
    Well ... personally I would not mind going back to the Victorian Age when we would address each other with polite respect

It's a matter of personal opinion ... also, this is a privately owned forum, not a democracy, so technically, we have no "rights"

Extreme Yaoi Guru
    Savings

Spacer 1Nidaime, Tobirama Senju (L6)Spacer 1
    Spacer 1Minato (L6)Spacer 1
    Levi SnK (L8)Mahiro Fuwa (L2)Yogi (L1)

I'll be more than happy even it's only removed from the 18+ fiction section. However, the censored words seem to be increasing more and more each day. For example i don't consider b**** a bad word, idk. And believe me, if people want to be rude, they can find other ways.

Yaoi Veteran

Savings

Kanda (L8)Sasuke (L12)Hiei (L2)
    Seto (L7)Bakura (L10)Vincent (L8)
    Marik Ishtar (L10)Motonari (L8)Sasuke (L7)

I've seen some forums have a filter that members can adjust. The default setting blocks all "adult" language. It's up to the member to change the setting so it no longer censors things.

If this forum doesn't have that option, you could always institute a no bad language rule (except in the fiction section). Then you can warn potty mouths and punish repeat offenders without using a filter.

Or you could publish the list of forbidden words in the fanfiction section, sticky it, so we know which ones will be replaced with **'s when used here.

Or you can do an automatic replacement instead of the asterics:
    f*ck = frick
    sh*t = crap
    b*tch = biotch
    We'll all talk like we're back in grade school using "safe curse words" around the teachers, but it's better than wondering if the four letter **** is the f word or the s word. ^^;

Isan
    @Arigatomina: You're right, that's plenty of good ideas to do with the fic section if nothing can be done about the censoring option itself there
    Even just that would make reading a fic on aarin more enjoyable for sure~

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast