aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    animegoil
    Yeah, tagging it would be ridiculously helpful ^_^ Though I wonder if it would be a hassle to still have a separate section for the more popular pairings?

EMARSHE
    I am in favour of this idea.

If there are 100+ doujins it takes a long time to go through each one trying to find what you are looking for.

And I got lots of peas!

Savings

(S010) JokerTaki (L1)Riki (L4)
    Yukihito (L1)Sakuya (L5)Takenaga (L5)
    Ueno (L5)Jiang Wei (L2)Sono (L3)

We will look into the matter whether this is feasible.

In the meantime I would like to ask everyone being in favour of this idea to start tagging the DJ threads appropriately. That will help a lot if some different arrangement is set up eventually and it would also show that people are willing to help out instead of just asking the staff members to go through ALL "1000+ Dj threads", find out what pairing it is, edit the thread info, move the threads, change the index threads,...

I suggest adding a tag for

• fandom title
    • pairings
    • mangaka

That way you could search for all the things you referred to in your suggestion. If the tagging works out (= if there are enough people helping out and the majority of DJ get tagged) we might even be able to set up a sticky thread with tag links to the most important tags.

And please do keep in mind that changing the system will cost the staff members much more time than most people spend on browsing DJ threads for files they are interested in and then downloading them for free.
    We try to provide a downloading system not too difficult to use, but some initiative from uploaders and downloaders is also appreciated as we have to find a way between spending a lot of extra time to offer all files on a silver plate to users and asking too much of the downloaders, eg looking into threads, use search function, use tagging,...

So we will only change the system if it can be done within an halfway decent amount of time.
    Last edited by Yavannah; 08-12-2008 at 11:35 AM.

laharlgirl
    I'm glad you all think it's a good idea~

~Sugar Addict~

Savings

Pray for JapanGren (L1)Kusuriuri (L10)
    Spike (L8)Franz (L6)Shanks (L8)
    Sword (L7)Chiaki (L1)Urahara (L7)

There is a simple way to find a specific pairing you want: use the search feature of the forum. I know there are different ways to write a pairing, there are some ppl who use slash, others an x, or just simply write the names together, but with four or five searches you can find all the djs you want.
    Ppl really shouldn't look for an even more easy way when everything is already available, just have to work for it a little themselves.

Yaoi Devotee

Savings

Sebastian (L13)Mookyul (L10)Usami Akihiko (L9)
    (S074) Akihiko KajiTakano (L3)Mikami (L3)
    Kou (L5)Nakajima (L9)Yukimura (L7)
    Quote Originally Posted by kriptonima View Post
    There is a simple way to find a specific pairing you want: use the search feature of the forum. I know there are different ways to write a pairing, there are some ppl who use slash, others an x, or just simply write the names together, but with four or five searches you can find all the djs you want.
    Ppl really shouldn't look for an even more easy way when everything is already available, just have to work for it a little themselves.

Well maybe there should be a sticky or a small note under the section rules that states this ? I don't remember seeing anything like so before, now I might have missed it.

Isan
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsuneko View Post
    Well maybe there should be a sticky or a small note under the section rules that states this ? I don't remember seeing anything like so before, now I might have missed it.
    I dont think there need be a sticky or anything to state the logic of using the search function
    It's pretty much a given imo ^^;;
    Last edited by Isan; 08-21-2008 at 08:44 AM.

Yaoi Devotee

Savings

Quote Originally Posted by Isan View Post
    I dont think there need be a sticky or anything to state the logic of using the search function
    It's pretty much a given imo ^^;;
    Sorry, this is not what i meant lol I meant a sticky about using the appropriate tags. That way posters know what to set down in the tag box like yavannah stated : fandom title, pairings, mangaka

Isan
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsuneko View Post
    Sorry, this is not what i meant lol I meant a sticky about using the appropriate tags. That way posters know what to set down in the tag box like yavannah stated : fandom title, pairings, mangaka
    That makes a lot more sense
    You confused me by quoting kriptonima's post

I think there need to be a rule about tags because well just looking at the tags in the Anime Portal.....They all don't mean anything

Stuff like "anime" or "yaoi" for a thread in the anime portal from the yaoi section of the forum, well it seems a lot unnecessary. Then there's the title repeated in the tag, while others are abreviations like "fma", basically, everybody is just putting whatever they want and that's just not working. If not some rules then maybe guidelines? I agree it needs something though
    Last edited by Isan; 08-21-2008 at 11:12 AM.

Yaoi Devotee

Savings

Quote Originally Posted by Isan View Post
    That makes a lot more sense
    You confused me by quoting kriptonima's post

I think there need to be a rule about tags because well just looking at the tags in the Anime Portal.....They all don't mean anything

Stuff like "anime" or "yaoi" for a thread in the anime portal from the yaoi section of the forum, well it seems a lot unnecessary. Then there's the title repeated in the tag, while others are abreviations like "fma", basically, everybody is just putting whatever they want and that's just not working. If not some rules then maybe guidelines? I agree it needs something though

Sorry, sometimes i have difficulties making sense. Because it makes sense in my head I automatically beleive this is the case for everyone

I totally agree with you on the matter repeating forum section is useless, abreviations are also a problem. To focuse of the first post of this thread, also went around to look and edit tags and pairings are a little confusing. Sme pople use x, some slash, some combine the two nams together ... its be easier to agree on one thing and stick to it to make searches easier to find insead of typing all the possibiblites to eventually find what we want.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast