aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Extreme Yaoi Guru

Savings

Kuroo Tetsurou (L9)Kenma Kozume (L9)Heart 5 (Red)
    Heart 5 (Red)Iwaizumi Hajime (L8)Oikawa Tooru (L9)
    Tanuma (L10)Natsume (L10)Makoto Tachibana (L6)

Quote Originally Posted by darkparagon View Post
    Certainly I have 12 mangas from one series sitting on my book case, which I'm never going to read the remaining 4 because someone spoiled it for me! So I do agree there should be some consequence, just pointing out that it can be a mistake! However I would be lieing if I said, said I never felt like getting "payback" because I have! I've just never untaken such an act!
    I know EXACTLY how you feel with DN For me, the hair-cutting thing had to do with Gintama:

So, suhi, yeah, I agree, we need some input from staff now. Let's make it easy for them XD

1. A button, similar to the "Thanks" button, which would remove one rep point instead of adding one. Perhaps an automated message letting the person know why they have received it (e.g. Please do not spoil).

2. Spoiler code button available, next to bold, italicize, strike out, quote, etc.

3. Something in the Main Rules about using spoiler code and what the consequences of spoiling are.

Extreme Yaoi Guru

Savings

Quote Originally Posted by ArtemisMS View Post
    So, suhi, yeah, I agree, we need some input from staff now. Let's make it easy for them XD

1. A button, similar to the "Thanks" button, which would remove one rep point instead of adding one. Perhaps an automated message letting the person know why they have received it (e.g. Please do not spoil).

2. Spoiler code button available, next to bold, italicize, strike out, quote, etc.

3. Something in the Main Rules about using spoiler code and what the consequences of spoiling are.
    *thumbs up*

Did we discard the idea of separated threads?

Extreme Yaoi Guru

Savings

Quote Originally Posted by suhi View Post
    *thumbs up*

Did we discard the idea of separated threads?

4. Creating RAW and Subbed threads for each series (e.g. "Bleach RAW" and "Bleach Subbed"), barring the creation of a new sub-forum.

Yaoi Legend
    Savings

Pray for Japan(S014) KeisukeSchneizel (L10)
    Katsura (L7)Zurako (L1)Gintoki (L7)
    Gintoki (L4)Athrun (L7)Hakkai (L7)

Can I just say..... I'm totally against separating the thread into two. Fans should stick together. I want to discuss my fav anime with everybody. And I know RAW watchers are the minority here. I think.(I, myself, only watch one RAW anime) So the RAW threads will be more quite than the subbed thread which is not fair.

But I'm totally behind the idea of making a spoiler button beside those bold, italic, quote, etc icons since there are a few people who still don't know how to make "spoiler".

nemine

4. Creating RAW and Subbed threads for each series (e.g. "Bleach RAW" and "Bleach Subbed"), barring the creation of a new sub-forum.
    I am totally agreeing with the 2 and 3! But i think that number one is too complicated, and like skutergirl already said, RAW-watchers are a minority! separating them would be quite eh.. i have over-used this word already but.. pointless, i'm afraid. ^^;

Extreme Yaoi Guru

Savings

Quote Originally Posted by nemine View Post
    I am totally agreeing with the 2 and 3! But i think that number one is too complicated
    If you mean - technically, it shouldn't be more complicated that the "Thanks" button.

nemine
    Quote Originally Posted by suhi View Post
    If you mean - technically, it shouldn't be more complicated that the "Thanks" button.
    I was kinda thinking, that since at least i am getting about 2-4 Database errors in a day (yes, i have no life), and i bet some others are too, adding new functions like this is not really making those go away. And, if the spoilers etc. would be stated in the main rules, and also put a sticky about how to make a spoiler-tag and what is considered as a spoiler, there wouldn't be much point in that kind of function anymore. At least that is what i think.

And anyway,i think admins are busy already, and have lives as well, so i was just thinking the easiest and fastest way to solve this. Of course it is up to them, and my opinion doesn't matter
    Last edited by nemine; 05-17-2008 at 06:48 AM.

Extreme Yaoi Guru

Savings

Quote Originally Posted by nemine View Post
    I was kinda thinking, that since at least i am getting about 2-4 Database errors in a day (yes, i have no life), and i bet some others are too, adding new functions like this is not really making those go away. And, if the spoilers etc. would be stated in the main rules, and also put a sticky about how to make a spoiler-tag and what is considered as a spoiler, there wouldn't be much point in that kind of function anymore. At least that is what i think.

And anyway,i think admins are busy already, and have lives as well, so i was just thinking the easiest and fastest way to solve this. Of course it is up to them, and my opinion doesn't matter
    They're not that busy, otherwise more staff would be hired, and Aarin herself said they're doing just fine on that front.

The #1 suggestion is for people who don't care to use the spoiler button whether it's there or not. It's nice to provide as much information for conscientious forumers as possible, but there will still be those who will spoil just for the hell of it (see comments earlier in this very thread). Hence the negrep spoiler button.

For now I think we should just wait (patiently, very patiently) for staff to notice this thread and provide commentary.

Extreme Yaoi Guru

Savings

Can I borrow this line from your sig, Artemis? I would like to join the motion, if you don't mind

darkparagon

Right behind you!

Oh suhi is right, that line your siggy is delightful!

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast