aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Extreme Yaoi Guru

Savings

Quote Originally Posted by ArtemisMS View Post
    Negrepping ~ I'll consider it. Lots of people care a great deal about rep, but you know, the thing is, it's great if the negrep helps them learn, but guess what? I (and others) have still been spoiled. So this is attacking the result, not the solution. You know? Just thinking out loud here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Atenias View Post
    Back to topic: negrepping might actually works, people who spoil once will spoil twice. If you negrep, then you save other people from reading spoilers, since that person will not do it again.
    I agree.. Prisons weren't established for showing people what would happen if the commit crimes, but to prevent from criminals to go around freely (sorry about a creepy example).

@Atenias: I guess you'll be set as an example of negrepping for spoiling this very moment!!! (I'm afraid this kind of reaction only makes your devil more devilish.. but, really, will you stop? )

I also would vote for raw and subbed threads, if the sub-forum is not approved.
    I like this solution. Its has to be cleared with mods though since technically it will be creating two similar threads.
    But if we're allowed to do so, we can ask the starters of existing threads to change them into "RAWs" (since they are already spoiled) and open new "SUBBED" ones.
    Last edited by suhi; 05-16-2008 at 05:02 AM.

darkparagon
    Oh I agree 100%, the same goes for manga! It happened with deathnote with me, and after I "paid" for the real McCoy rather downloading the subs of the anime and scanlations of the manga, only for someone to spoil it for me before I even got half way! Now I know what is going to happen, I have lost all interest in finishing it, because there is really no point! I wanted to find out on my own!

The two different treads suggestion, one for raw and one for subbed sounds like a fair deal to me!

I guess neg repping could work, but then there are people like me who care very little about it (good/bad rep), often I think if they just tell me my mistake then I will stop, rather then getting themselfs all worked up to give me a neg rep, because either way, a rep /message is just a method of feedback, does not bother me which method they wish to tell me somthing, both are the same in my eyes......However I am aware that rep is something that alot of people do care about, but sometimes people can just slip out with some information without thinking it though, because they where keen to "talk about it"! Getting neg repped for that, may put them off taking part in the decussions, which would be a shame. The two treads, one for raw and one for subs, with the use of spoiler tags, I think would be a better method. Then maybe leave a message for the person if they go "wrong" once or twice, asking them to consider what they write, and to use spoiler tags! If they carry on spoiling it for everyone, then I think it may worrent a neg rep.
    Last edited by darkparagon; 05-16-2008 at 06:19 AM.

Yaoi Expert

Savings

Wing 1 (Left)(S019) TinkleWing 1 (Right)
    Spacer 1Heart 4 (Rainbow)Spacer 1
    Luffy (L10)Sanji (L9)Ace (L10)

I've solved this problem stopping visiting anime threads since I watch only yaoi subs and other animes in my language. I like all the new ideas that are coming out but in particular the one about the spoiler botton, maybe implemented with an option (in us User CP --> Option) like "disable spoilers". So in one way all the marked spoilers will disappear from the threads.
    Also the normal use of the spoiler code *must* and the neg repping thing.

Thx everyone for spoiling here
    *why!! Why I've opened those damn DN spoiler!!! There's a way to erase my mind now? ---> suhi, don't mind! I'm the guilty *
    Last edited by gokunaruto; 05-16-2008 at 06:45 AM.

nemine
    Opening different threads for subs and raws, sounds quite pointless as well. Similar threads just because some people are about a week ahead. (and there are also people who can watch both raws and subs~)
    And, even if you do this, it still doesn't mean that all the spoiling would stop. There are still those who have read the manga, and can spoil the fun even for those who watch raw-animes. And there are still those, who are far behind with the anime and manga, and can consider pretty much anything as a spoiler.
    So i think that there should just be a rule about spoiling, and then give bad rep/warnings/ something else if they give any major spoilers.

And can't the thread-starters just add in the first post, that IF the spoiling is allowed, it has to be done with spoiler-tags. And then give a short list of what is considered as spoiling? that wouldn't take too long, and would make things easier~?

darkparagon
    Quote Originally Posted by nemine View Post
    Opening different threads for subs and raws, sounds quite pointless as well. Similar threads just because some people are about a week ahead. (and there are also people who can watch both raws and subs~)
    And, even if you do this, it still doesn't mean that all the spoiling would stop. There are still those who have read the manga, and can spoil the fun even for those who watch raw-animes. And there are still those, who are far behind with the anime and manga, and can consider pretty much anything as a spoiler.
    You make a very good point, having muti treads may not work!

Plus I'm one of them people who are always 3 months behind everyone, with everything in respect to anime /manga! So everything is a spoiler for me, sometimes...Your also, very right in saying it works both ways!

So i think that there should just be a rule about spoiling, and then give bad rep/warnings/ something else if they give any major spoilers.

And can't the thread-starters just add in the first post, that IF the spoiling is allowed, it has to be done with spoiler-tags. And then give a short list of what is considered as spoiling? that wouldn't take too long, and would make things easier~?
    Sounds ok to me! Though I admit, I would not like making a list of what may be a spoiler, and some people find things spoilers, where others do not! Such as a hair cut! I do not care knowing if they have had a hair cut, where other people do!

I will wait and see what other peoples view points are on what can be done, as someone can always come up with something good, given time!
    Last edited by darkparagon; 05-16-2008 at 06:57 AM.

Extreme Yaoi Guru

Savings

Quote Originally Posted by gokunaruto View Post
    *why!! Why I've opened those damn DN spoiler!!! There's a way to erase my mind now? ---> suhi, don't mind! I'm the guilty *
    oh I'm sorry.
    why indeed?!?!? that's why spoiler tags are made for!!

(Edit: removed what was inside the tags. just in case)

And, even if you do this, it still doesn't mean that all the spoiling would stop.
    I'm convinced that separating "raws" and "subs" may partly solve the problem. You , see, you can always bring up arguments against anything. There are always pros and cons. I believe that in this specific case the pros may overweight the cons. As long as it reduces spoiling..

But the issue of spoiling should be explained to people in a more.. erm.. aggressive manner. I understand that the most part of a discussion will appear tagged, but it's better than how it's now.
    Last edited by suhi; 05-16-2008 at 08:00 AM.

Extreme Yaoi Guru

Savings

Kuroo Tetsurou (L9)Kenma Kozume (L9)Heart 5 (Red)
    Heart 5 (Red)Iwaizumi Hajime (L8)Oikawa Tooru (L9)
    Tanuma (L10)Natsume (L10)Makoto Tachibana (L6)

Quote Originally Posted by suhi View Post
    But the issue of spoiling should be explained to people in a more.. erm.. aggressive manner. I understand that the most part of a discussion will appear tagged, but it's better than how it's now.
    I agree. I think what's really missing at the moment is support of staff, because only they can come down hard on spoilers. And darkparagon, yes, people do make mistakes, but even though they don't MEAN to spoil an entire series for someone, they still did. And I think there should be some sort of consequence for that.

Many of us older forumers don't really care much for rep because we've been here awhile, and we've built up good rep. But we're usually not the ones who spoil. It's as often as not the newer members, the ones who really do worry about building up rep. So I think being negrepped for spoiling would affect them.

Here's an idea. How about a negrep spoiler button? You see a spoiler, you just click that person's post and presto! anonymous automated "Please Don't Spoil" negrep appears.

darkparagon
    but even though they don't MEAN to spoil an entire series for someone, they still did. And I think there should be some sort of consequence for that.
    Certainly I have 12 mangas from one series sitting on my book case, which I'm never going to read the remaining 4 because someone spoiled it for me! So I do agree there should be some consequence, just pointing out that it can be a mistake! However I would be lieing if I said, said I never felt like getting "payback" because I have! I've just never untaken such an act!

Here's an idea. How about a negrep spoiler button? You see a spoiler, you just click that person's post and presto! anonymous automated "Please Don't Spoil" negrep appears.
    Would be nice if their whole post would go into a spoiler tag rather and they get a message asking them to consider what they write, so it is does not ruin it for others as well!
    Last edited by darkparagon; 05-16-2008 at 01:21 PM.

R4
    Formerly Russell4
    Savings

Yonekuni (L3)Xanxus (L10)Light (L10)
    Dante (L9)Matt (L2)Aizen (L1)
    Grimmjow (L6)Nagai (L4)Honda (L6)
    For what it's worth, I only recently started to take interest in threads outside the download section. I didn't know until I read this thread that there is an option to use the Spoiler tag. It's not mentioned in FAQ under Tags when I read FAQ (too many times!). It might be already mentioned elsewhere, but it's never occurred to me that there IS an option for a Spoiler tag, though.

Although I generally avoid discussion threads about anime and manga that I haven't yet read or watched, I think it'd be a good idea to create a simple guide on how to write a good post for a discussion thread for those who might need this kind of information.

Extreme Yaoi Guru

Savings

I agree. I think what's really missing at the moment is support of staff, because only they can come down hard on spoilers. And darkparagon, yes, people do make mistakes, but even though they don't MEAN to spoil an entire series for someone, they still did. And I think there should be some sort of consequence for that.

Many of us older forumers don't really care much for rep because we've been here awhile, and we've built up good rep. But we're usually not the ones who spoil. It's as often as not the newer members, the ones who really do worry about building up rep. So I think being negrepped for spoiling would affect them.

I think it's a good idea! I wish someone from the mod stuff would visited this thread and had their say on it. If we have a "Thanks" button, maybe we can have a "You spoiling bastard, shutthef*ckup" "Don't spoil" one. It's practically the same thing - just instead of adding a point to the rep power it will remove it. I think.

Quote Originally Posted by darkparagon View Post
    Would be nice if their whole post would go into a spoiler tag rather and they get a message asking them to consider what they write, so it is does not ruin it for others as well!
    ingenious! XD But I'm not sure if feasible. Wouldn't it be like editing someone else's post? Even if they deserved it. I mean, I don't have moral problems with it, it just doesn't sound doable..

Quote Originally Posted by Russell4 View Post
    Although I generally avoid discussion threads about anime and manga that I haven't yet read or watched, I think it'd be a good idea to create a simple guide on how to write a good post for a discussion thread for those who might need this kind of information.
    A guide can be nice thing. To make it also sticky.
    Last edited by suhi; 05-16-2008 at 03:41 PM.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast