aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Extreme Yaoi Guru
    With The Doctor and Captain Jack...All over the TARDIS
    Savings

Spacer 1Sephiroth (L12)Spacer 1
    Zack (L10)Cloud (L9)Sephiroth (L8)
    Sherlock Holmes (L9)Skull 1John Watson (L9)

Contest thread creator should be able to edit

Hi everyone. I believe I am posting this in the right forum.

I just wanted to make the suggestion that the creator of threads in the Contests and Trivias section should be given the power to edit these threads. I understand that contests would not be fair if the participants could edit but thread creators would be much more organised sometimes if we could edit.

I know we can ask mods to fix mistakes for us but sometimes, it might be a bit difficult to say exactly what we want to change. Also if we make a few mistakes we might not wish to keep bothering a mod.

I know for me it will cut down on double and triple posting.

Thanks for reading this.

Yaoi Legend
    Savings

Pray for Japan(S014) KeisukeSchneizel (L10)
    Katsura (L7)Zurako (L1)Gintoki (L7)
    Gintoki (L4)Athrun (L7)Hakkai (L7)

Yeah... I'm totally behind this idea. But is it possible?

Yaoi Lover
    India, though I'd go anywhere with my computer and networks ^_^
    Savings

Ace (L5)Heart 1 (Blue)Luffy (L10)
    Sebastian (L13)Shanks (L8)Gray (L9)
    Sanzo (L10)Zoro (L7)Sanji (L9)

I agree with skutergirl! The idea is very good; I myself was facing a bit of problems in a contest because I wanted to change something but that would be in the post I make now and so, won't be visible to the members participating unless they browse through all the pages.

But I really doubt if it is possible. I'm not too sure about the VBulletin boards, but at least in Invision Boards, there is no such option as far as I know. >.>

Extreme Yaoi Guru

Savings

Kuroo Tetsurou (L9)Kenma Kozume (L9)Heart 5 (Red)
    Heart 5 (Red)Iwaizumi Hajime (L8)Oikawa Tooru (L9)
    Tanuma (L10)Natsume (L10)Makoto Tachibana (L6)

I am for it, but ... disabling the edit function protects contest participants, too, right? What if a person holding the contest decides to change the rules so that a certain contestant (whom s/he doesn't want to win) now has broken by default?

Seem a little wacky But just trying to cover all sides

Extreme Yaoi Guru
    Savings

CactuarGunji (L6)Tsuzuki (L3)
    Chocobo(S015) Ewon(S014) Keisuke
    Yoruichi (cat)Ginpachi (L9)Hijikata (L10)

Quote Originally Posted by ArtemisMS View Post
    I am for it, but ... disabling the edit function protects contest participants, too, right? What if a person holding the contest decides to change the rules so that a certain contestant (whom s/he doesn't want to win) now has broken by default?

Seem a little wacky But just trying to cover all sides
    that's a good point. so far all the contest creator can do is proofread what they want to post 20 times and make sure they have everything straight

Extreme Yaoi Guru

Savings

Nuriko (L6)Riku (L8)Zack (L10)
    Zack (L8)Kurama (L7)Ryo Ohki
    Axel (L4)Cecil (L1)Link (L8)

wellll.....although I agree that we should be able to edit - I can't imagine who we wouldn't want joining - at least to me...

anyways, I think it's a good idea...but like...I can't see who we'd would not want joining >.< but that's probably me again haha

and I think it could work - I mean...if they disabled rep in chit chat....x3

Yaoi Lover
    Savings

Suzuki-sanNowaki (L3)(S003) Lelouch
    Tezuka (L8)Shuuei (L6)Kouyuu (L1)
    Kyo (L4)Tsuruga (L8)(S007) Reborn

If it's too hard to implement this, how about just let the whole contest section be editible. For sig-ava-contests this would come in handy, and for the contests that involve trivia etc the creator can add the rule that participants can not edit their answers, and if they do, they'll get disqualified without mercy, even if the participant declares it was just to correct a typo or whatever: they were warned For those who don't know, edited posts are visible.
    (I agree that it would be more convenient if only the creator of the thread is able to edit , just don't know whether it's possible)

Just a suggestion
    Last edited by schetenei; 05-14-2008 at 01:57 AM. Reason: just to show how an edited post looks like :D

Total Yaoi Freak
    Savings

Gyousou (L1)Count D (L3)Ruruka (L4)
    Taiki (L2)Leon (L4)(S032) Ruruka
    Isshin (L5)Chihaya (L1)Ace (young) (L1)

I would love to be able to edit top post for trivia.

My last Trivia Night contest had a typo in one of the questions that changed the entire meaning of the question (and made it unanswerable) so I had to post notifications of what the correct question was.

I think making them all editable wouldn't be much of a problem either, I would just have to be more careful when checking answers ^^

Extreme Yaoi Guru
    With The Doctor and Captain Jack...All over the TARDIS
    Savings

Spacer 1Sephiroth (L12)Spacer 1
    Zack (L10)Cloud (L9)Sephiroth (L8)
    Sherlock Holmes (L9)Skull 1John Watson (L9)

Quote Originally Posted by schetenei View Post
    If it's too hard to implement this, how about just let the whole contest section be editible. For sig-ava-contests this would come in handy, and for the contests that involve trivia etc the creator can add the rule that participants can not edit their answers, and if they do, they'll get disqualified without mercy, even if the participant declares it was just to correct a typo or whatever: they were warned For those who don't know, edited posts are visible.
    Nah not the whole forum being editable...this will cause confusion but just for the contest starters.

Also I have realised that if you edit a tiny typo just after making a post it does not register as having been edited!

Well Artemis...I never thought about that...I guess some people can be malicious but...

I am so scatter brained lately that I know some of my instructions and stuff need clarification and typos happen as well.

I'm just thinking just like how the thread starter can edit the title of a thread and so on then she/he could edit content.

I hate having to double and triple post as well (to me its like an unfair way to increase post-count)

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Yuki Eiri (L5)Shuichi (L5)Yuki Eiri (L10)
    Yuki Eiri (L9)Ryuichi (L10)Kumaguro
    Yonekuni (L3)Shuichi (L6)Toko UB (L1)

My last contest I forgot to change a word and it created confusion. If it isn't a major problem it would be nice to be able to edit that first post.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast