aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Yaoi Lover

Savings

Shiva (L1)Maya (L1)Pandora (L3)
    Judas (L7)Kira (L1)Shin (L5)
    My concern, CrisNoWait, is that a contest host would be able to inappropriately change their contest’s rules of prizes. For example, a contest host could suddenly reduce the prize at the very end, and claim that they hadn’t. I have good faith that the people here at AarinFantasy wouldn’t do that, but at the same time, we would be opening that potential situation.

Extreme Yaoi Guru

The abyss after everything, please join me...
    Savings

Shino (L3)Male 1 (Blue)Kiba (L5)
    Spacer 1Loid Forger (L9)Anya Forger (L7)
    Yor Forger (L9)Rick Grimes (L9)Daryl Dixon (L9)

Quote Originally Posted by Anesidora View Post
    My concern, CrisNoWait, is that a contest host would be able to inappropriately change their contest’s rules of prizes. For example, a contest host could suddenly reduce the prize at the very end, and claim that they hadn’t. I have good faith that the people here at AarinFantasy wouldn’t do that, but at the same time, we would be opening that potential situation.
    Yeah that would be a big shame, I personally usually copy contest rules and save in a word doc while I work out the details especially for long contest but not short quick contest. Well that goes back to people being honest.

At anytime the contest creator may *alter the contest prizes / rules * in a later post and claim "...oops I dont have enough points...."

I have had that happen to me where the person did not have enough points for the participation, like they claimed, and just paid "half" amount. Even if it upsets us, because we work hard for contest there is still nothing that can be done about it, besides not entering contest they sponsor again

I tend to enter contest now of active people, I notice the less active a person is the more likely they are to let us do the work without a reward at the end. This has noting to do with winning top prize its just fair that if you hold a contest, you should reward participants.

Oh well, it may be too much for us perv in favor of the option to ask. I think it was explained that this can not be done since it would mean the entire forum would need to be open, and allowing "one post" in a thread is not something that can be done right now.

Extreme Yaoi Guru

Savings

Kuroo Tetsurou (L9)Kenma Kozume (L9)Heart 5 (Red)
    Heart 5 (Red)Iwaizumi Hajime (L8)Oikawa Tooru (L9)
    Tanuma (L10)Natsume (L10)Makoto Tachibana (L6)

Oh I hardly support this notion! because I just made a boo-boo in my own contest ...

It would've been great to be able to edit it myself instead of having to place an alert on my first post and then waiting on a mod, who surely has better things to do, to fix it.

Yaoi Devotee

Savings

Luffy (L8)Tsuna (L10)Luffy (L10)
    Giotto (L9)Shanks (L8)(S015) Ewon
    (S013) Akihito(S012) Hollow IchigoCiel (L9)

I guess there's pros and cons for this, but I will support it XD As a contest holder and participants, there's time you really need to edit the first post, (though, maybe because I always recieve the correct prizes for the contest I played so far XD)

Like, if some contest have many rounds, and the owner put it all in one thread, it's tedious to go though all the pages trying to found what are the new rules etc. And for guessing games, I usually prefer if the holder can list in their first post which picture/number is already guessed, instead of scrolling through last few pages trying to found it. Also, there's times where I might some type/mistakes when posting the contest, and it would be so much easier to just edit than make another post. And you might to amend/add new rules along the way if people keep making the same mistake... I dunno, just my thoughts XD

Yaoi Addict
    Savings

Vincent (L8)Sephiroth (L6)Cloud (L9)
    Ulquiorra (L8)Grimmjow (L6)Kenpachi (L7)
    (S002) Misaki(S001) Endo

It's just as easy to change the prizes now, or any of the rules, it's just that now.. people won't see the changes.
    Letting people edit, will make sure that everyone will notice the edits.
    Aka, makes sure people at the end knows what they are getting in to.
    And potential "situations" can come from any corner, are you also afraid to go out at night? Since some random thug may jump you, etc.

Extreme Yaoi Guru
    Savings

Anna SK (L1)Miku (L5)Yuki Eiri (L9)
    (S008) ShuichiCloud (L9)Vincent (L8)
    Syaoran (L7)L (L4)Light (L8)

I am for this idea as well. There's always something I want to edit in my first posts in my contests. I sometimes make typos which annoy me, maybe forget to write [ / color ] or such (since I for some reason always make those myself :l ) - and more importantly... deadlines. Sometimes I want to extend the deadline. I don't have the interest to bother a mod for such things, since it really is just a minor little thing and mods have better things to do. I'd rather fix it myself.
    So, I post in a new post the new, extended deadline. Yet, since people don't care to check the rest of the thread, most of them miss the new deadline and spam the thread with "didn't the contest end yet? Why are people still posting?!!11"
    Also, I really wouldn't mind being able to add the accepted entries in the first post instead of doing a new post every time I come in to accept entries.

I completely agree on what Schiz said to this. Really, the people who make the contests can stop the contest, take all the sets (assuming it's a set-contest) and say "I just didn't feel like having this contest anymore, I don't care to pay and so on but... I'll still take the entries, thanks".
    Nothing, I say nothing stops the creators to reduce the points, stop the contest or disqualify contestants they don't like. The only thing really is that those posts, making those small changes will be missed 'coz they're in the middle of the thread. And since people are self-centered and only care about their own entries, they don't care to read through the thread. And they will be screwed over.
    If we can edit the first post people will (most likely) at least see the damn changes. And what do you do then? You don't have to enter. You can delete your own entry and say "I refuse to be a part of this ridiculous contest with such a dishonest host". And in the future just avoid that person.
    We learn from mistakes. People are still just people. Some are tedious bastards, but what can we do about it? I honestly think the whole "but wäää, they might change the prizes!!11 "-thing rather ridiculous, since... well, it's just such a pathetic and stupid thing to do that it would greatly surprise me if someone actually went through with the plan. Truly, just ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Artemis Moonsong View Post
    Oh I hardly support this notion!
    Just had to note I lol'd at this one. That sentence doesn't mean you support this. Learn to write with words you know how to use.
    No offence, but feel free to report me again for tedious reasons.

Extreme Yaoi Guru

Savings

Barnaby (L2)Kotetsu (L2)Josef (L2)
    Ginji Amano (L10)Sinbad (L9)Jousuke (L2)
    Kanji P4 (L1)Alibaba (L6)Yosuke P4 (L1)

If people find the contest to be unfair (like contest starter reducing prize points or something), we can always check the edit history

Yaoi Addict
    Savings

(S002) Misaki(S001) Endo

Quote Originally Posted by blu chocobo View Post
    If people find the contest to be unfair (like contest starter reducing prize points or something), we can always check the edit history
    Then I really don't see any even remotely possible issues with the whole editing in the contest section thing :P

Extreme Yaoi Guru

Savings

Barnaby (L2)Kotetsu (L2)Josef (L2)
    Ginji Amano (L10)Sinbad (L9)Jousuke (L2)
    Kanji P4 (L1)Alibaba (L6)Yosuke P4 (L1)

Quote Originally Posted by Schiz View Post
    Then I really don't see any even remotely possible issues with the whole editing in the contest section thing :P
    The purpose of this thread is to suggest the idea of that the thread creator can edit their first post, either because of the possible mistakes they made (like misspelling, or forgot one more rule), update the deadline of the contest, or add a list of current entires, etc.

What I was assuring everyone is that if any of the people who participate in the contests noticed the contest starter changed something dramatically in the middle of the contest, that we can double check if the contest starter was being fair.

Yaoi Addict
    Savings

(S002) Misaki(S001) Endo

Quote Originally Posted by blu chocobo View Post
    The purpose of this thread is to suggest the idea of that the thread creator can edit their first post, either because of the possible mistakes they made (like misspelling, or forgot one more rule), update the deadline of the contest, or add a list of current entires, etc.

What I was assuring everyone is that if any of the people who participate in the contests noticed the contest starter changed something dramatically in the middle of the contest, that we can double check if the contest starter was being fair.
    Yes I know, that's what I mean, if you can check it, then there is no real risk for anyone to get screwed over by some random edit ^^ (and as said before, people edit rules etc atm as well, just that people won't see them... If the option to edit would be there, people would never have to check 10 pages just too see if the host had updated any rules or anything.)

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast