aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    White Butterfly

Savings

Akira (L1)Otoya (L5)Hollow Ichigo (L9)
    Sasuke (L7)Hisoka (L9)Aizen L1 [G]
    Ace L1 [G]Ryoga (L5)DS_003_(4)bottomleft

The only edit permission available in the cpanel is edit own posts. If set to yes, everyone in the contest and trivia section will be allowed to edit their own posts. ^^;; (If there's an edit own thread, then that's the possible setting to touch...)

Anyway, alerting Dai-kun now...

Extreme Yaoi Guru
    With The Doctor and Captain Jack...All over the TARDIS
    Savings

Spacer 1Sephiroth (L12)Spacer 1
    Zack (L10)Cloud (L9)Sephiroth (L8)
    Sherlock Holmes (L9)Skull 1John Watson (L9)

Thanks Kriska22, I am so glad you responded

Extreme Yaoi Guru

The abyss after everything, please join me...
    Savings

Shino (L3)Male 1 (Blue)Kiba (L5)
    Spacer 1Loid Forger (L9)Anya Forger (L7)
    Yor Forger (L9)Rick Grimes (L9)Daryl Dixon (L9)

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by StackOverflow View Post
    I totally agree with everyone.

I wanted to change some rules in my contest, nothing that would change chances of winners, like the limit date, who can participate, remaining questions and such. It would be great to be able to edit, correct typos and such!

Only first post can be edited by the poster: Would be the best thing to do. But is that possible?

!

I agree with most, this is what I thought first! The 1 or/and 2 threads should be adjustable by the person who starts the posting. Why is this blocked for the creator, I guess now that I have a contest I see the problems it causes. Although I have entered contest where you could not change the posting, and there the dreaded typo or something you did not intend to ruin your comment. >_<
    Hopefully mods will consider.

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Shiki R (L6)Saber (L10)Ayase (L8)
    Ai Enma (L8)Yuuki (L9)Soubi (L10)
    Rukia (L10)Xmas (013)Pray for Japan

Quote Originally Posted by kriska22 View Post
    The only edit permission available in the cpanel is edit own posts. If set to yes, everyone in the contest and trivia section will be allowed to edit their own posts. ^^;; (If there's an edit own thread, then that's the possible setting to touch...)

Anyway, alerting Dai-kun now...
    Right, I hope this option is possible. Waiting for news about it!

EMARSHE
    Quote Originally Posted by FFSR90 View Post
    that's a good point. so far all the contest creator can do is proofread what they want to post 20 times and make sure they have everything straight
    Exactly... I spend a considerable amount of time checking what I am about to post to try and avoid mistakes which inevitably happen.

I think at least the person holding the contest should be able to edit their posts.

Yaoi Addict
    Savings

Vincent (L8)Sephiroth (L6)Cloud (L9)
    Ulquiorra (L8)Grimmjow (L6)Kenpachi (L7)
    (S002) Misaki(S001) Endo

Resurrecting this thread since I think it is an awesome idea.

Even if it is not possible to make it so that only the thread creator can edit, you should in my opinion make it so that everyone can edit, it will not ruin anyone's chances of winning a contest, since the contest host will easily see the text saying "last edited" and can just say "disqualified" or "Un-accepted entry" etc.

The whole no editing only adds to confusion, since when/if the thread creator wants to add something that he/she forgot or that just came up... he/she has to make a new post in the thread, and that will be in the middle of the participants posts, making it VERY easy to miss... and that usually leads to the thread being spammed if for example the due date is changed.

I myself has had that problem once... when I forgot to add a rule... and had to add it lower on the page, making people miss it.

Please do think about it once more, and please do give us a reason if you say "no" ^^

Total Yaoi Freak
    Savings

Tachibana (L8)(S013) Akihito(S015) Ewon
    Tetsuo (L9)Akira (L9)Ryuichi (L10)
    (S012) Hollow IchigoMurata (L7)Akihito (L9)

I now wonder if this is possible, since thread creates can now open and close. If so it would be great and avoid the pile up of uneccesary threads when they change the rules and such.

Yaoi Lover

Savings

Shiva (L1)Maya (L1)Pandora (L3)
    Judas (L7)Kira (L1)Shin (L5)

Cool Opposed to Host Edits

I disagree with the above members! *prepares to be stoned*

I think that it’s a key feature that the contest host cannot change the top post—this prevents questionable changes to the rules once a contest is underway, decreases of the prizes, and et cetera. I would argue that the “trouble” caused by posting an addendum to the rules is negligible—it’s up to the contestants to pay attention, so I don’t see it as an issue. No edits makes it as fair as possible for both the host, and the contestants.

Extreme Yaoi Guru
    Savings

Rai Lamento (L9)Fei Long (L2)Tetsuya (L5)
    Soubi (L4)Sesshoumaru (L7)Sesshoumaru (L10)
    Nanjo (L1)Izumi Z (L1)Chiharu (L1)

Quote Originally Posted by Schiz View Post
    Even if it is not possible to make it so that only the thread creator can edit, you should in my opinion make it so that everyone can edit, it will not ruin anyone's chances of winning a contest, since the contest host will easily see the text saying "last edited" and can just say "disqualified" or "Un-accepted entry" etc.
    I agree - it would be exactly like in the auction section: if you edit a bidding post the bid is not accepted.

Extreme Yaoi Guru

The abyss after everything, please join me...
    Savings

Shino (L3)Male 1 (Blue)Kiba (L5)
    Spacer 1Loid Forger (L9)Anya Forger (L7)
    Yor Forger (L9)Rick Grimes (L9)Daryl Dixon (L9)

Quote Originally Posted by Anesidora View Post
    I disagree with the above members! *prepares to be stoned*

I think that it’s a key feature that the contest host cannot change the top post—this prevents questionable changes to the rules once a contest is underway, decreases of the prizes, and et cetera. I would argue that the “trouble” caused by posting an addendum to the rules is negligible—it’s up to the contestants to pay attention, so I don’t see it as an issue. No edits makes it as fair as possible for both the host, and the contestants.
    I see your point but keep in mind whether the person (contest sponsor) changes the rules in the first post or make adjustments / new rules several pages later; *they* still may do this, and persons that do not like the *adjustment* are free to not participate.

There is no rule that says a person that starts a contest can not alter the rules or close the contest without warning, at any time.

I guess I have more faith in the contest creators to be fair and honest if they were able to adjust the rules/content/prizes I wouldn't hold it against them at all. And if the adjustment makes it so that I can not participate, well then thank Yaoi there are other contest in the forum that may suit me better. I could alway start my own contest if that were the case too.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast