aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: User blogs

Yaoi Fan
    Savings

Levi (L10)Levi SnK (L8)Erwin SnK (L9)
    Mikasa SnK (L9)Eren Titan (L9)Armin SnK (L9)
    Eren SnK (L9)Rin Matsuoka (L9)Sousuke Yamazaki (L9)
    Quote Originally Posted by darkparagon View Post
    I was also once not so well known on this forum but though the "interaction" with other members with no help from "blogs", I have become better known on this forum. I see nothing stopping others from doing the same! It is more fun getting to know people though the good old method I think, rather then reading blogs!
    Having blogs isn't going to stop forum interaction with others. It betters it. It is only going to add to that level of interaction, making the method of socializing even better, because it builds user identities beyond what we have currently and gives users more options to do that. Installing user blogs is less superficial than what we have now, and gives friends or friends-to-be chances to interact with each other individually as well as within the larger forum environment.

Yaoi Fan
    Savings

Quote Originally Posted by Nuriko View Post
    My last say in this: aarinfantasy already IS mainly a file sharing and scanlating/fansubbing site *rofl*
    I know it is a file sharing forum, I never said it wasn't. I said the BEST feature of AF is its social environment. You can't deny AF is also a social forum.

Without that aspect, AF becomes a file sharing site without a fun social community. And that, to me, is a too superficial concept.

This is a matter of different opinions I guess, but I think that having the social aspect of this forum is what makes it different than other file sharing forums. That's what makes AF better, and I think that's what the creators of AF would like to see too (that their forum is valued for its online interactions too, and not just as a leech-and-run file sharing site).

Just have a close look at the members who are willing to post in the chit chat section - sadly not many T___T compared to the actual member count.
    (That won't change with blogs either - just my opinion)

Okay... last post XD
    Again, having blogs installs more opportunity for increased user engagement. I do not know if whether installing blogs will increase activity, but it nonetheless provides greater opportunity for that to happen. At a low cost as well.

And sorry that that's your last post. I'd like to hear what more you have to say.

PS: Besides - just look at the members who are posting their reply here ^^ into this suggestion of yours, not many interested ones either >___<~
    Which is why I'm trying my hardest to explain the benefits clearly for others to be convinced. If not, then it's unfortunate, because I think it would benefit everyone and the forum quite a lot.
    Last edited by Gizmo; 02-21-2008 at 05:03 PM.

darkparagon
    Quote Originally Posted by Gizmo View Post
    Having blogs isn't going to stop forum interaction with others. It betters it. It is only going to add to that level of interaction, making the method of socializing even better, because it builds user identities beyond what we have currently and gives users more options to do that. Installing user blogs is less superficial than what we have now, and gives friends or friends-to-be chances to interact with each other individually as well as within the larger forum environment.
    But we have so many methods and sections already to interact with others, such as the social groups, forum games (You would be suprised how much that section is very much used the same as chit chat) our personal profiles, and a few other sections in the forum......Do we really need more options?......This community already has more/better features then almost any other forum I can think of, I really do not think much more can be done to "aid further interaction" and give people more of an identity. I certainly do not think blogs will make a massive difference!
    Last edited by darkparagon; 02-21-2008 at 04:40 PM.

Yaoi Fan
    Savings

Quote Originally Posted by darkparagon View Post
    But we have so many methods and sections already to interact with others, such as the social groups, forum games (You would be suprised how much that section is very much used the same as chit chat) our personal profiles, and a few other sections in the forum......Do we really need more options?......This community already has more/better features then almost any other forum I can think of, I really do not think much more can be done to "aid further interaction", and I certainly do not think blogs will make a massive difference!
    I gave my reasons why blogs would add to the individual creativity of user identities here, here and here.

This is different than the other kinds of social interactions that you've mentioned. Developing one's individual user identities beyond the surface-level extent we have currently contributes indirectly to the overall investment each one user places in AF. What that means is people care more about their forum IDs because it's their identity (they have invested their thoughts and personal ideas/interests within them), and that in turn increases the level of engagement each user places in the forum. What we have currently is too superficial, insufficient and purely surface-level indicators of a user's identity. Blogs, even though they're also quite small features, would provide bigger opportunity for users to invest beyond that in their individual forum identities.

So, what user blogs do best is being a good tool to allow individuals to create their own user identities by way of expressing their themselves at the individual-level. Sorry that so much of my comments were so long, but I've tried to be detailed as possible. I hope you'll think about it.
    Last edited by Gizmo; 02-21-2008 at 04:58 PM.

darkparagon
    A tip you can link to individual posts by clicking on the "post number" on the top right hand of your post, so on your last post it is: #74 ....Really it saves people a lot of time shifting though posts......Which I certainly did not feel like doing, considering half the posts where not even about blogs, but rather deleting posts......

In replay to your comment, this is a forum, based on community interactions! I do not think individual identities will aid further community interactions! Rather make people "hide" in their little "blog" area.....Which to me then makes the "individual identities" useless because only a select few will be interested in viewing.

I like the current superficial, insufficient and purely surface-level indicators of a user's identity on this forum, because after all it is just a forum. Their are other places and people I talk to to fill such needs.

As this topic is just going around in circles now, I feel all has been said on this topic now, and I will leave it at that.....On seconds thoughts with all this bad rep been trown at me for my comments, I think I will stay! Not had so much fun getting on peoples nerves in a long time ....Please the next person to bad rep me, make the comment more interersting for HEAVEN SAKE! Is that to much to ask?
    Last edited by darkparagon; 02-22-2008 at 03:29 AM.

Extreme Yaoi Guru

Savings

Asami (L10)Heart 1 (Red)Akihito (L10)
    Spacer 1Fei Long (L10)Spacer 1
    Okita (L8)Gokudera (L8)Hijikata PMK (L8)

@darkparagon: did you get a bad rep too?
    *rofl* I think I know who it was XP

*reported it to the mods*

~Sugar Addict~

Savings

Pray for JapanGren (L1)Kusuriuri (L10)
    Spike (L8)Franz (L6)Shanks (L8)
    Sword (L7)Chiaki (L1)Urahara (L7)

I'm closing the thread now as it really is unnecessary to discuss it further, every possible opinion, fact and and reason (beside or against the feature) was brought up already. I think everyone had the chance to express their view if they wanted to; and most of the posts are not about the blog anymore and the thread is going towards becoming a flame war. Please stop abusing the reputation feature (it's childish anyway)

Dai will probably comment on this issue when he has time and will decide if it's possible and sensible to have user blogs on the forum.

Thank you
    Last edited by kriptonima; 02-22-2008 at 03:52 AM.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678