aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: User blogs

darkparagon
    Quote Originally Posted by Gizmo View Post
    Even if no one would find your blog posts interesting, many others may have interesting blogs. And even if you write about your bunnies, at least your forum identity won't be simply your username, but a person who raises /thinks/cares about bunnies or some other aspect of your interests/lifestyle. You would have an outlet to express yourself beyond what you are currently represented as now in this forum, to a smaller extent. So, I believe blogs will still facilitate better means to individually develop one's forum identities beyond what's currently present.
    Did you read my post fully....Darn! People never seem to understand what I'm saying, I really should work on how I write things.

As nice as your reason sounds, it is still a no for me! Lots of people on this forum already know me very well, I find the chit chat very effective for allowing me to express myself!

I full heartly believe, I already have a very "developed" individually on this forum, and do not need a blog to further that

However I wish you luck in your quest to gain a user blog!
    Last edited by darkparagon; 02-21-2008 at 03:11 PM.

Extreme Yaoi Guru

Savings

Asami (L10)Heart 1 (Red)Akihito (L10)
    Spacer 1Fei Long (L10)Spacer 1
    Okita (L8)Gokudera (L8)Hijikata PMK (L8)

Quote Originally Posted by darkparagon View Post
    Did you read my post fully....Darn! People never seem to understand what I'm saying, I really should work on how I write things.

As nice as your reason sounds, it is still a no for me! Lots of people on this forum already know me very well, I find the chit chat very effective for allowing me to express myself!

I full heartly believe, I already have a very "developed" individually on this forum, and do not need a blog to further that

Besides, I'm pretty sure over 80 % of the members here are only gathered to get the hands on dl stuff (me included)
    They won't certainly bother reading blogs...

And did anyone notice the hiccup of the database a few days ago
    I rather have no additional features (Visitors Page, whatever) but our beloved forum running without any errors ~.~

@ChitChat: I'm too afraid to write there XP too many crazy ones around... reading the posts there is fun, though~

@Negative Rep: Can't you ask a mod who gave you that rep?

Oba Yozo

Because you're the only poster here, right?

darkparagon
    Quote Originally Posted by Nuriko View Post
    Besides, I'm pretty sure over 80 % of the members here are only gathered to get the hands on dl stuff (me included)

I'm with you on both points! .... We all love freebies!.....

Your right a I would much rather the forum running smoothly, then endless hiccups, and errors! I get withdrawal systems if I'm away to long

Quote Originally Posted by Oba Yozo View Post
    Because you're the only poster here, right?
    Nope, but I'm egocentric enough to only care about me!
    Last edited by darkparagon; 02-21-2008 at 03:36 PM.

Yaoi Fan
    Savings

Levi (L10)Levi SnK (L8)Erwin SnK (L9)
    Mikasa SnK (L9)Eren Titan (L9)Armin SnK (L9)
    Eren SnK (L9)Rin Matsuoka (L9)Sousuke Yamazaki (L9)
    Quote Originally Posted by darkparagon

Yes I did read your post, and I did understand what you meant when you said blogs aren't necessary. But, you should consider that the majority of users on AF aren't "developed identities" like you and I are. The Chit Chat section, again, is for general topics. Like Nuriko said, "too many crazys" run around in the Chit Chat section expressing their idiosyncrasies or whatnot. A blog is an excellent tool to keep those idiosyncracies within the user's own profiles. And anyone who's interested can interact/read the blogger's blog page.

I've explained earlier that blogs, even if they may not increase user activity within the forum, may still provide increased opportunity because it adds to developing user identities, regardless of whether you think it's useful or not.

It also wouldn't hurt to add a blog to our "already developed" user identities as well. Surely, having a blog option won't make you dislike the forum?

But like I said above, even if adding the blog option may or may not increase forum interaction, adding the opportunity to get more people to engage with their forum identities is better than nothing. Similar to what was done with Social Groups -- it allows users the freedom to create their own individual groups, and that in turn allowed people to spawn more interest in their forum identities (by identifying with other individuals). On a similar level, it proliferates a sense of user individuality, which in turn facilitates greater interest in their AF identities.

I rather have no additional features (Visitors Page, whatever) but our beloved forum running without any errors ~.~
    The hiccup could be related to a number of reasons. I doubt the cause of it was the Visitor's pages or Social Groups or whatever. The forum is constantly open to change, open to improvement. A truly good forum can't forever be static with what it is currently. Adding a small feature like user blogs won't revolutionize AF into some radical different function. It would moreso improve it, by attracting user interest to a greater extent than what it does currently.
    I think I'll do just that. (I didn't know I could do that?) Thanks so much for the heads up!

darkparagon
    Yes I did read your post, and I did understand what you meant when you said blogs aren't necessary. But, you should consider that the majority of users on AF aren't "developed identities" like you and I are. The Chit Chat section, again, is for general topics. Like Nuriko said, "too many crazys" run around in the Chit Chat section expressing their idiosyncrasies or whatnot. I've explained earlier that blogs, even if they may not increase user activity within the forum, may still provide increased opportunity because it adds to developing user identities, regardless of whether you think it's useful or not.
    I meant the bunny-rabbits comment.........See even if I did have a blog, people would in fact start believing I like those fluff balls, I do not know which is worse! That or having aarin riddled with errors!

Crazy people, with their idiosyncrasy behavior...That would be me then ......Your just winning me over, with them comments!

I was also once not so well known on this forum but though the "interaction" with other members with no help from "blogs", I have become better known on this forum. I see nothing stopping others from doing the same! It is more fun getting to know people though the good old method I think, rather then reading blogs!

However your very right, the errors could be due to a number of reasons, and I'm very sure some people would enjoy writting blogs! I just do not feel the need for them here on aarin!
    Last edited by darkparagon; 02-21-2008 at 03:58 PM.

nemine

@ChitChat: I'm too afraid to write there XP too many crazy ones around... reading the posts there is fun, though~

yes true, we all joined here to get our hands in those lovely downloadable things ^^

and yeah, i'd rather give up on those groups, friendlists, not to mention some blogs, if forum would have less Database errors and run fast ^^

oh and hahhhaa, i usually can be found on chit chat

Extreme Yaoi Guru

Savings

I meant the bunny-rabbits comment.........See even if I did have a blog, people would in fact start believing I like those fluff balls, I do not know which is worse! That or having aarin riddled with errors!

Crazy people, with their idiosyncrasy behavior...That would be me then ......Your just winning me over, with them comments!

I was also once not so well known on this forum but though the "interaction" with other members with no help from "blogs", I have become better known on this forum. I see nothing stopping others from doing the same! It is more fun getting to know people though the good old method I think, rather then reading blogs!

However your very right, the errors could be due to a number of reasons, and I'm very sure some people would enjoy writting blogs! I just do not feel the need for them here on aarin!

Off-topic: So you do NOT like fluffy bunny-rabbits?
    You disappoint me!

@nemine: Forum was weird a bit ago too o.o'
    And since we DO NOT for sure what causes this hiccups I really don't want to have a overload of the database~

Well, I won't participate in discussion anymore, since I made my point of view clear: there's no frigging use for blogs for ME (as I already have one and those who are interested in the real me will find it ) but I'm sure that many find that idea attractive~ (blogs I mean XD)
    Last edited by Nuriko; 02-21-2008 at 04:08 PM.

Yaoi Fan
    Savings

Levi (L10)Levi SnK (L8)Erwin SnK (L9)
    Mikasa SnK (L9)Eren Titan (L9)Armin SnK (L9)
    Eren SnK (L9)Rin Matsuoka (L9)Sousuke Yamazaki (L9)
    Quote Originally Posted by nemine View Post
    and yeah, i'd rather give up on those groups, friendlists, not to mention some blogs, if forum would have less Database errors and run fast ^^
    Then the AF forum wouldn't really be a community in the sense of an online social environment, would it? It would become more of a file sharing site, with no dimension for creating social interactions. And that would remove the best point of AF forums entirely.

Extreme Yaoi Guru

Savings

Then the AF forum wouldn't really be a community in the sense of an online social environment, would it? It would become more of a file sharing site, with no dimension for creating social interactions. And that would remove the best point of AF forums entirely.
    My last say in this: aarinfantasy already IS mainly a file sharing and scanlating/fansubbing site *rofl*

Just have a close look at the members who are willing to post in the chit chat section - sadly not many T___T compared to the actual member count.
    (That won't change with blogs either - just my opinion)

Okay... last post XD

PS: Besides - just look at the members who are posting their reply here ^^ into this suggestion of yours, not many interested ones either >___<~
    Last edited by Nuriko; 02-21-2008 at 04:26 PM.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast