aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Discord?

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

I personally think that a forum is better fitting - as someone said previously, discord is more fast-paced and not really good for lengthy posts/discussions. It's good for chatting with friends and I do enjoy it - but a forum is WAY more organised

Yaoi Supporter
    Savings

Ai Enma (L8)Asami (L5)Nezumi (L5)
    You can have (temporary) threads now in Discord - the same idea as the topics here on the forum, but still it feels a bit messy.

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Ryoma (L5)Shiraishi (L9)Nioh (L3)
    Akira TnC (L1)Shinohara Keiji (L13)Shion M (L3)
    Zack (L10)
    Well first, I don't mind having Discord, but I am old people so I somehow still used to forums rather than Discord.

Even I do have Discord I never have the habit to open it every day, but even my university do use Discord for official announcements, chats etc, I don't see any harm at all.

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Haruka Nanase (young) (L2)Rin Matsuoka (young) (L2)Kuroko (L7)
    Kagami KnB (L9)Kise (L8)Aomine (L8)
    Jun Shinomiya (L4)Gon Freecss (L3)Sukuna (L9)
    A discord server would be fun, to meet and chat with people. We can watch shows or play games together I think theres lots of potential with customizing channels and using different discord bots.

Yaoi Fan

Savings

Angry (01)Spacer 1Gaara Kazekage (L10)
    Spacer 1Spacer 1Spacer 1
    Vincent (L8)Gojo Satoru (L9)Bokuto Kōtarō (L8)
    What? There’s no discord?? OMG when ???

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Xie Lian (L7)YiLing P. (L9)Wei Ying / Wei WuXian (L9)
    Lan Zhan / Lan WangJi (L9)Wei WuXian / Wei Ying (L8)Gojo Satoru (L9)
    Suzuki-sanIwaki (L9)Katou (L9)
    I don't mind joining discord but for old time sake, i think it's best we'd stick here.. i think because of new tech like slack and discord, the forum is dying...

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

XiChen (L7)Miyagi (L5)Chiaki (L3)
    Jian Yi (L9)Heart 1 (Red)Zhan Zheng Xi (L9)
    Godot (L9)Wei Ying / Wei WuXian (L9)Clear (L9)
    I used to use discord a LOT back then, but now...not really, only sharing some drawings on a junjou romantica and sekaiichi hatsukoi server for the sake of good motivations from some nice members there.
    still good chatting there, but i think that old forums are my place Even tho many people are not active but I'm glad to find some active members here

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

I can understand people wanting to have a Discord server of this forum, HOWEVER I feel like there are several good reasons why there shouldn't be any.

1. As already mentioned, Discord is not a good place to have lengthy, in-depth/serious discussions, it's more of a place to idle/have fast-paced conversations.
    2. A Discord server would probably have a negative impact on the user activity of this forum.
    3. I personally prefer in-depth conversations over fast-paced ones so I would argue against a Discord server and try to find ways to attract more users to this site. This place is the only active Yaoi forum I know of. It would be tragic to see it die like YaoiOtaku (that site is one of my favorites but it's sadly become very inactive..).
    Last edited by Virdian; 11-19-2022 at 03:59 PM.

Yaoi Amateur

Savings

Edward (L5)Alphonse (L5)Aizen (L1)
    Nana (L7)
    If I may butt in...

As someone who has had a great experience in forums I did join Discord severs when I saw the forums dying...
    But I'll have to agree with @virdian2 as my experience with Discord was not that great.

I tried it since I don't like judging things without trying them first and all I can say is that it lacks the warmth and a sense of well-being that forums have.

Extreme Yaoi Guru

The abyss after everything, please join me...
    Savings

Shino (L3)Male 1 (Blue)Kiba (L5)
    Spacer 1Loid Forger (L9)Anya Forger (L7)
    Yor Forger (L9)Rick Grimes (L9)Daryl Dixon (L9)

*cough*

So many good points. . . but the reality is Arrin is - not in a good place - like it was before. So, something needs to happen to boost interest or at least get members to be more active. I know (guilty) I have ghosted the site for many moons while still trying to support the site in my own way.
    Ideas without context are just ideas. . . that die in a forum chat.

So, I feel a tangible idea that 'revives' the site is better. What the site offers is awesome: BL downloads, anime, fanfiction original fiction... 0_o but what is offered is not the same as *soft* stuff offered on Crunchyroll or ((whatever that other freaking anime site is called)) Although people pay for that *soft anime* while Arrin gives it away for free!!

That's a major difference, to me anyway. So, Discord could / may be an avenue, but I don't think it will help the site that much. *Kicks plot bunnies* Arrian needs a 'Channel; like one that can be downloaded and linked to on Roku or Firestick just like Crunchy Roll or Hulu... I mean an app-type thing so the less literate fans can access Yaoi / Male X Male without actually looking it up on the web.

I get it this is probably not possible but if Playboy and all the other adult content sites can do it why not Arrain? ** Oversharing some sometimes I get these ideas ((my sister did too - her idea was those pods used in the washer machine for laundry)) it worked out for her. My ideas are sometimes followed by others at work, but I often need to reiterate who; and why..Goddamit, why? So, I am not totally against Discord (my kid is on it) (then another is on tick-tock) then another is on... see my point? (Although I told them about this site they are not interested) [even though they totally like boyxboy stuff] This site is social media so farming it out to other servers is not / may not work in favor of this site. This site needs a real change/upheaval I feel maybe people who would want to be here don't know or think the site is dead - gone or just not a go-to place to socialize on social media.

I get that maybe with a channel the site may still 'die' but maybe it won't. Of course, I love anime, so I have a Crunchyroll account, but I don't lurk on the site unless I have an issue with the connection. But I really feel Arrian as an 'app' with content -I do not know the legal part of stuff- can/will be a way to boost the site and carry it into the next-gen. At least, I hope.

feel free to copy post this post to encourage support.
    Last edited by CrisNoWait; 09-08-2023 at 09:33 PM.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast