Yaoi Lover

At my haven, surrounded by plastic bishies
    Savings

Eungi (L8)DS_004_midJungwoo (L8)
    Monday (L4)Aoba (L12)Mananan (L4)
    Spacer 1Ayanami (L5)(S045) Noiz

Character limits

Hi,

I recently discovered Custom Pages and immediately created a few to list/display graphics. Custom pages seemed perfect for this purpose.
    However, I was editing one of my pages again today but suddenly couldn't preview or save my changes. That's when I discovered that the max. characters for one Custom Page was mere 7500 characters. This means I can't make chances and add more things here and it feels such a waste. If there's a character limit like this what exactly are the Custom Pages for?

I saw that some members here have uploaded their sets etc. to photobucket & imgur albums but I would like to display/list mine somewhere on the forums because I want to note down some info about them and link people.
    Cards & thanks have their own thread on forums but I haven't come across one where members can list their graphics. That would work too but I truly I wish this was possible by using Custom Pages. It just that the character limit get in a way and barely nothing can be included in one Custom Page. Would it be possible not to have a character limit for Custom Pages?

Now I'm also wondering if there are character limits for something else too. (Also noticed that it's possible to make only 5 Custom Pages but I think that's enough.)

scary momma set addict

Savings

Shihoudani (L4)Illumi (L9)Makishima Yuusuke (L7)
    Kasamatsu (L7)Masrur (L8)Hiko Seijuro (L10)
    Suzuya Jūzō (L8)(S046) Kogitsunemaru(S064) Toono Takashi

the character limit is to prevent members from having load issues with pages and to prevent spammers from causing issues, and this is a blog, not custom pages. blogs are meant to be updated with new pages, not editing the post

also the character limit is applied to the entire area (I think) so the comments also have the character limit

and you can have unlimited pages for your blog. most members link their pages together (by putting the page link into the blog as well for reference) if they are using it to display their gfx collections

the limit for page creation is for the Groups section, not the blog section

latechoco is a great example of how she uses her blog to display her gfx collection

http://aarinfantasy.com/forum/entry.php?b=11741
    Last edited by cabbit_girl; 03-14-2016 at 07:44 AM.

Yaoi Lover

Savings

@cabbit_girl; I've seen lateChoco's blogs but that's not the way I want to display my collection. I wouldn't want to post separate blog entries so to show my collection like.. every two months. I'd prefer to have everything in one place/post and sorted by types like I intented and keep them up to date. But I guess that's not possible? I need to think about something

scary momma set addict

Savings

Shihoudani (L4)Illumi (L9)Makishima Yuusuke (L7)
    Kasamatsu (L7)Masrur (L8)Hiko Seijuro (L10)
    Suzuya Jūzō (L8)(S046) Kogitsunemaru(S064) Toono Takashi

the only other option would be either to start your own group (but there is still a character limit for group posts) or to use the albums, I do believe there is a limit to how many images you can upload as well http://aarinfantasy.com/forum/member...t_girl/albums/

or use something offsite, like photobucket?
    Last edited by cabbit_girl; 03-14-2016 at 08:13 AM.

Yaoi Lover

Savings

@cabbit_girl; The reason why I hit the character limit so soon was the huge amount of hidden BBCodes that I didn't notice.
    When I checked the BBCode and after I got rid off the codes the characters of this custom page stays under 900 now. It used to hit the limit.

Now my pages look very dull but at least I can display more stuff. I'm thinking about writing a blog post once a year and collect there my graphics OR simply have them in imgur/photobucket albums, to clean my customs pages for newer stuff.