aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Yaoi Addict

Savings

(S022) IasonN (L7)(S023) England
    Tohru (L5)Mutsumi (L8)Yoshinaga Koushi (L7)
    Tomohiro Shiraishi (L5)Chocobo(S067) Azumaya Junta

Interactive Slash story on aarin

I came across an Interactive Slash novel of Lord of the Rings the other day (found here: The Interactive Slash Stories)

I was like wow! wouldn't it be sooooo cool if we could make one like that? we got quite a lot of aarin members here and i read lots of people's stories here are really good! the story works when everyone posts a page and leaves choices and someone else can continue the story if there's a dead end and so on. people can put their username above their story entry so we can acknowledge their contribution to the story and people can rate the entry/story plot.

Let me know if anyone is interested and which story/anime we should do. Or maybe we can do a totally original slash story and everyone just further creates the story? the exciting thing about this is no one knows where the story is going to end up.

Yaoi Supporter

Savings

Nishinoya Yuu (L2)Shiki (L2)Gokudera (L3)
    Mookyul (L2)Hibari (L2)Mukuro (L1)
    Soubi (L2)Misaki (L1)Frau (L1)
    I think the dea of it being an original story is great because everyone can take part no matter what they have seen possibly.

Extreme Yaoi Guru

The abyss after everything, please join me...
    Savings

Shino (L3)Male 1 (Blue)Kiba (L5)
    Spacer 1Loid Forger (L9)Anya Forger (L7)
    Yor Forger (L9)Rick Grimes (L9)Daryl Dixon (L9)

There use to be one in the original fiction section (too lazy to check again) The issue with this is it may seem like role-play. Unless Aarinsama decides to allow that type of authoring then it will never happen.

Granted you may come up with a similar idea and call it a writers collaboration. In that case you would need to *collaborate* with other willing authors. It will not be a role play if its done/organized in this manner. If its random and anyone may join and *continue* the story then you will have a problem.

I speak from experience not long ago I asked a similar question in a *collaboration project.* The authors would *continue* the story where another author left off - oh well my topic was primarily S&M. But I think the issue for mods was that my characters would be *used by other authors* in any way they wished. There is a fine line between collaboration and role play. And Aarin does not want to cross it.

Being in a RP now I see why. If you like to bang this out I'm more than open to it. Here or on Aim. Otherwise good luck.
    Last edited by CrisNoWait; 01-01-2010 at 01:29 PM.

Yaoi Addict

Savings

Quote Originally Posted by idioteva View Post
    I think the dea of it being an original story is great because everyone can take part no matter what they have seen possibly.
    you are right its easier for everyone to do an orignial story since people would have seen different anime and not know the characters

Quote Originally Posted by CrisNoWait View Post
    There use to be one in the original fiction section (too lazy to check again) The issue with this is it may seem like role-play. Unless Aarinsama decides to allow that type of authoring then it will never happen.

Granted you may come up with a similar idea and call it a writers collaboration. In that case you would need to *collaborate* with other willing authors. It will not be a role play if its done/organized in this manner. If its random and anyone may join and *continue* the story then you will have a problem.

I speak from experience not long ago I asked a similar question in a *collaboration project.* The authors would *continue* the story where another author left off - oh well my topic was primarily S&M. But I think the issue for mods was that my characters would be *used by other authors* in any way they wished. There is a fine line between collaboration and role play. And Aarin does not want to cross it.

Being in a RP now I see why. If you like to bang this out I'm more than open to it. Here or on Aim. Otherwise good luck.
    thanks for your advice! wow you are a real expert in this.
    i was thinking that in case of an original story, the main character would be a guy who is written in terms of first person and he meets all these bishies he can choose from *yummy* it would be up to different users to write about the bishies they want to introduce to the story and other people can carry on. but i guess then the characters would be used by other authors
    i personally wouldnt mind other people using my characters at all since the story is just a bit of fun and non-profitable. since there are choices, even though some authors planned suicide for the character, at another choice, the character can be happily married and if the author who created the character is unhappy with one version of the story, she can branch it into another story.
    i guess there's also the issue of where it could be written since different choices would lead to different pages and so on.

Extreme Yaoi Guru

The abyss after everything, please join me...
    Savings

Shino (L3)Male 1 (Blue)Kiba (L5)
    Spacer 1Loid Forger (L9)Anya Forger (L7)
    Yor Forger (L9)Rick Grimes (L9)Daryl Dixon (L9)

Well the authors I recruited for Eternal Ejaculation were mostly friends and interested authors around Aarin. have you ever heard of it? It's Original fiction works collaboration. I do plan to do more with the concept, since most of my authors fell off -or are just hiatusing. (like me)

The hardest part is rounding up writers. Those willing to"collaborate" though this time of year is usually slow for those that write. I'm no expert! but thanks for compliment. If you have 3 or 4 friends that will join you then it's a start.

When I do new Ejaculation project it will be on live journal do to the no RP rule on Aarian and to attrack new writers.

Food for thought : your plot should be broad enough that others can work within it and inspire them to branch out. 1st person dosent work for everyone so keep style options open. And have write prompts that will kick start your authors when they get sluggish. For something like Ejaculation RP an example of an author prompt may be Final Exams; Practical Application; or Student Teacher demo. (ejaculation project is a school)

The more general your idea the less likely you are to inspire good authors IMO. A great plot gets me writing but left to my own devices I loose interest quick.
    Last edited by CrisNoWait; 01-02-2010 at 03:40 PM.

Yaoi Addict

Savings

Well the authors I recruited for Eternal Ejaculation were mostly friends and interested authors around Aarin. have you ever heard of it? It's Original fiction works collaboration. I do plan to do more with the concept, since most of my authors fell off -or are just hiatusing. (like me)

The hardest part is rounding up writers. Those willing to"collaborate" though this time of year is usually slow for those that write. I'm no expert! but thanks for compliment. If you have 3 or 4 friends that will join you then it's a start.

When I do new Ejaculation project it will be on live journal do to the no RP rule on Aarian and to attrack new writers.

Food for thought : your plot should be broad enough that others can work within it and inspire them to branch out. 1st person dosent work for everyone so keep style options open. And have write prompts that will kick start your authors when they get sluggish. For something like Ejaculation RP an example of an author prompt may be Final Exams; Practical Application; or Student Teacher demo. (ejaculation project is a school)

The more general your idea the less likely you are to inspire good authors IMO. A great plot gets me writing but left to my own devices I loose interest quick.
    cool thanks for the advice! you made a good point saying first person isnt for everyone. could you give me a link to your project? i love good plots but also enjoy random plots with twists and turns and surprises along the way.

Alzeyd
    I would really love to do an interactive story but I agree that it probably would be better if it wasnt based on one certain manga/anime just so more people would be able to join.
    I wanted to do a RP earlier but Aarin dosent allow it but hopefully this one will go through.
    Ahh bishie choice galore.
    Anyway I would totally be into it so please let me know if you do

Extreme Yaoi Guru

Savings

Kaneki Ken (white hair) (L9)Shuu Tsukiyama (L9)Kaneki Ken (L9)
    (S036) Kaneki Ken(S038) HazukiFrankenstein (L9)
    Senge Iori (L4)Rimuru Tempest (L9)Panda (Genma)

I think that would be really interesting for a few reasons

for one, not everyone wanted a fix path set for us in a story
    having a slight twist would be nice thus the interactive slash story comes in

of course, there would be problems like spam, not enough authors and so on

thus I would suggest that a beta trial to be run before putting out the real thing

I am sure interactive slash story would not only help the authors to generate more ideas, it would also help them through comments(what they could have added, what other possibilities are out there, how to connect with others and so on)

It also allows author and readers to be more connected

Yaoi Amateur

Savings

Noctis (L8)Light (L3)Hikaru (L2)

One: I am interested in this idea!

And two:
    I am also interested in the interactive slash story.
    My creative writing motor has been rather rusty these past couple of months, so I want to get back in the flow! Tell me how this is going.
    I think if it runs like a series of connected one-shots, like with fanfiction, then it becomes less like role-playing, and more like a group of authors forming a fanfic ring about one set topic, in this case, slash~!

That way, people can use other people's characters, but it is more like a novel fanfiction. Roleplay is a whole other category in the fact that it usually involves each player controlling their own character and responding to other characters. If everybody is using everybody, and it's not a back and forth story between two authors, and the plot is completely at the discretion of the author of the current section, then I think we can avoid the whole RP aspect of this idea.

This is just my penny piece though~ >__<

Yaoi Addict

Savings

Quote Originally Posted by lynixe View Post
    I think that would be really interesting for a few reasons

for one, not everyone wanted a fix path set for us in a story
    having a slight twist would be nice thus the interactive slash story comes in

of course, there would be problems like spam, not enough authors and so on

thus I would suggest that a beta trial to be run before putting out the real thing

I am sure interactive slash story would not only help the authors to generate more ideas, it would also help them through comments(what they could have added, what other possibilities are out there, how to connect with others and so on)

It also allows author and readers to be more connected

thanks for the tips! i think a beta run would be brilliant to see how much people will like/willing to participate etc.
    also does anyone have any idea how we could create some space for different story plots

e.g. first page has two option, which leads to four different story branch onto the next, then 8 different story AU branches (like a family tree kinda thing)
    so i guess we need lots of webpages. im ignorant about web design so if someone could suggest a good place to do this that would be awesome!

---------- Post added at 10:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:51 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by DARKxCIEL View Post
    One: I am interested in this idea!

And two:
    I am also interested in the interactive slash story.
    My creative writing motor has been rather rusty these past couple of months, so I want to get back in the flow! Tell me how this is going.
    I think if it runs like a series of connected one-shots, like with fanfiction, then it becomes less like role-playing, and more like a group of authors forming a fanfic ring about one set topic, in this case, slash~!

That way, people can use other people's characters, but it is more like a novel fanfiction. Roleplay is a whole other category in the fact that it usually involves each player controlling their own character and responding to other characters. If everybody is using everybody, and it's not a back and forth story between two authors, and the plot is completely at the discretion of the author of the current section, then I think we can avoid the whole RP aspect of this idea.

This is just my penny piece though~ >__<

i tried rp before i really liked it. but it came to a point I became a bit busy with exams and then I was running out of ideas. when i came across the slash story i was quite impressed because if some authors have exams/busy then other people can still carry on the plot without it being abandonned
    (since in rp, the other partner cant do much except wait for your reply!)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast