aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Extreme Yaoi Guru

Savings

Akihito (L9)(S029) Charles J. Chrishunds (Charley)Zero (L10)
    Pray for JapanKaname (L10)Crusnik 02 (L10)
    Shinou (L9)Kazuki OTRFK (L9)Muramasa (L5)

on the thread topic, I do see a lot of set contests & when I do, I tend to glance over them & tend to leave the contest section for something else, I don't even bother looking at the other contests, however I noticed that stupidgirlang posted in the request section in the one stop shop, cause lets face it, all sets, fics, & wallpaper contests are really a request, so that u can use it later on.
    In fact I’m thinking about doing it myself, b/c I can't hold a set contest due to my lottery, 4 days out of a week just isn't enough time & I know that the rules state that I can't hold a set contest then close & move it to the graveyard, to hold my lottery & then open it again
    And yes, I have seen people do this a lot & most of times, the mods don't catch it, because lets face it, they have RLs & are busy
    there use to be a lot more games but it's more on the fact that the host have gone away or gotten to busy to host games, even I disappears for a few weeks due to real life probs, the contest section has changed, some for the better some for the worst & it's going to keep changing
    as for cabbit suggestion I like having it separated for longer contests,
    however there is no point in having a prefix b/c that's what we have the little description underneath the title for & people are going to lie to get people to read their thread, otherwise the majority of people will skip over the graphic and fic contests

i will reserve my comments on spammin b/c if i said them it would be off topic

Extreme Yaoi Guru

Savings

Mookyul (L10)Taki Y(L10)Luka Crosszeria (L12)
    Ewon (L10)Goh (L10)Tomoe KH (L10)
    Ao (L9)Sado Vierne (L9)Luka Crosszeria (L10)

I'm all for that idea, it's a pain to look for non graphic contests amongst all the graphic ones.

n1n
    Yaoi Addict
    Savings

CC (L4)Xellos (L6)Lelouch (L9)
    Konata (L5)Lina Inverse (L2)Lelouch (L8)
    Zelgadis (L5)(S003) LelouchTsukasa (L4)

Quote Originally Posted by Artemis Moonsong View Post
    I still prefer the original suggestion, but this is a great compromise

Yaoi Devotee

on top of the food chain, sometimes I am :)
    Savings

(S032) RurukaDS_003_(1)topleftShiki TnC (L10)
    DS_003_(3)toprightMookyul (L9)DS_003_(5)bottommiddle
    Rai (L7)Aomine (L10)Yoshimi Suda (L10)

Quote Originally Posted by Himmelmez View Post
    I came to voice my support for the original suggestion, but this is a nice option too! Both would increase the clarity of the contest sections.. Right now, I can imagine users searching for 'normal' contest and games getting annoyed at all those pages of set contests. So, whether it's a section for set contests or long term contests, both would be great!
    We already have it. Section "Request" in "One stop shop" /because all these "birthday" or "anniversary" set contests are actually none other than requests.
    Btw Amaterasu placed her last "set contest" there, perhaps it will become a trend? XD

In Love with Cute Chibis

Savings

Hongou (L10)Yuuya (L10)Kichou (L10)
    Klaus (L10)Taki (L10)Kagerou (L9)
    Wolfram (L10)Kazuki OTRFK (L10)Wataru OTRFK (L10)

Quote Originally Posted by tairo View Post
    We already have it. Section "Request" in "One stop shop" /because all these "birthday" or "anniversary" set contests are actually none other than requests.
    Btw Amaterasu placed her last "set contest" there, perhaps it will become a trend? XD
    Please note that it is against the rule to run more than one contest at any time (even in other threads) and it is not correct to post a Contest in the "Request section".

I had already informed Amaterasu to close her "Set contest".

Extreme Yaoi Guru

Savings

Kuroo Tetsurou (L9)Kenma Kozume (L9)Heart 5 (Red)
    Heart 5 (Red)Iwaizumi Hajime (L8)Oikawa Tooru (L9)
    Tanuma (L10)Natsume (L10)Makoto Tachibana (L6)

Quote Originally Posted by stupidgirlang View Post
    Please note that it is against the rule to run more than one contest at any time (even in other threads) and it is not correct to post a Contest in the "Request section".
    (my emphasis above)

Is it in discussion amongst the staff whether or not we will be able to run a "long" contest and a "short" contest at the same time (for all the reasons stated in this thread?)

In Love with Cute Chibis

Savings

Hongou (L10)Yuuya (L10)Kichou (L10)
    Klaus (L10)Taki (L10)Kagerou (L9)
    Wolfram (L10)Kazuki OTRFK (L10)Wataru OTRFK (L10)

Quote Originally Posted by Artemis Moonsong View Post
    (my emphasis above)

Is it in discussion amongst the staff whether or not we will be able to run a "long" contest and a "short" contest at the same time (for all the reasons stated in this thread?)
    The suggestion/comment thread is usually decided by Dai-kun.

Please wait for his reply after his coming examinations.

Yaoi Lover
    Savings

Hibari (L10)Heart 4 (Icy)Dino (L9)
    Wing 1 (Left)Riku (L10)Wing 1 (Right)
    Thor (L9)(S075) Cloud StrifeBelphegor (L6)

I like idea of being able to hold a "long" contest and a "short" contest at the same time.

But for the set contests - wouldn't the easiest solution for distinction between graphical and non-graphical contests be adding a painting palette or painting brush icon to the post icon and then using post icons to define the genre of the contest. I know that this solution relays a lot on the holders of the contest, but the ones who would want for their 'genre' of the contest to be seen at the first glance, would use them.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456