aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Extreme Yaoi Guru

Savings

Kuroo Tetsurou (L9)Kenma Kozume (L9)Heart 5 (Red)
    Heart 5 (Red)Iwaizumi Hajime (L8)Oikawa Tooru (L9)
    Tanuma (L10)Natsume (L10)Makoto Tachibana (L6)

I don't really care about post count and it makes sense for it to be taken away from the contest section.

The "you can only hold one contest at a time" rule was implemented because at least one person (possibly more) would hold 4-5 silly, super quick, spammy contests at once. I remember it well. I was upset at the time because most of us hadn't done anything wrong, and because of this stupid spammy person we could only hold one contest at a time now

The argument that "there aren't enough threads!" was made for the drama CD section, too, remember. (Was it the drama CD section? I remember Isan was involved, and it was before she was a mod, and she kept updating me on what was going on, but I wasn't actively involved myself.)

It's not really a big deal and seems everyone likes the idea. So, one sub-section for set contests, and one for all other contests. Not that hard XD

Extreme Yaoi Guru

Savings

Itachi (L10)Hades (L10)Aoshi (L10)
    Saitou Hajime (L8)Shishio Makoto (L8)Sano (L5)
    Kenshin (L7)Barnaby (L2)Yahiko (L4)

Aaaaaah. I remembered.
    SOmeone said that now after the post count was removed the spam decreased (sorry but I can't seem to find who said it ). IN my opinion that's a natural reaction adn probably most people think something like "OMG! The post aren't counted anymore. We have to avoid spam to get the post count back!" ANd if it's coming back that may last about a week or two and then everyone's back to what it was before (that would probably include me). And everyone would spam again.
    Just my two cents.^^

Extreme Yaoi Guru

Savings

Itachi (L8)Naruto Sage (L10)Sasuke (L12)
    DS_004_rightDS_004_midDS_004_left
    Jiraiya (L6)Tsunade (L7)Orochimaru (L5)

I don't care about the stones of burning at the stake. I agree, the contest section did turn into a big spamming ground, I myself have been guilty sometimes but I have been put off from contests for that reason. Don't care about post count there.

Yaoi Veteran

Savings

Harada (L1)Tetsunosuke (L6)Alois (L6)
    Ginko (L6)Ritsu (L6)(S026) Kei Yamashiro
    Belphegor (L6)Chibitalia (L4)Yoshida (L6)
    I personally don't agree with taking the post count away in the contest section. The reason is simple: there are already a slew of places where there is no post counts. The contest section is one place where people participate without having to have an opinion to share. I used to post all over the place when I was new but now I mostly browse as the subjects that were once new are now old news and I have nothing to add to the subject. I'm not on a post binge ( never was) but it seems to me that these days my posts don't count most of the time. It's getting to be a little ridiculous.Makes me feel like phantom user.

Spamming is abondant in the contest thread because contest holders allow it. It's very rare that I see "no spamming" in the contest rules.A contest thread is suppose to be a contest thread and not a surrogate community cafe.

I also find it very condescendant when people claim that some of the contests "take little time and effort". WTF? Is there any awards given out for the most imaginative and "GOD it took me all day to set it up" contest? Simple or not, if a contest is fun and people are willing to participate then that should be enough. A contest can be relevent even if simple. Not too long ago a member put out a contest for the anniversary of the fall of the Berlin wall. Members simply had to post their definition of the word ''freedom" to earn points. Can't get much simpler than that...now can it? Did anyone of you read the answers? Sure some answers were simple but some had profound meaning.It was clear that even if easy, some members put some time to sort out their answer. I would never call such a contest worthless because it's wasn't a brain teaser of some type.

As far as people doing contest to get rep, I don't see why anyone should have any problem with this. No one is obliged to give rep for a contest. It's entirely on a voluntary basis.The day I will feel obliged to give rep in order to participate is the day I will start to have a problem with it. Besides, I find it more appropriate to rep someone who put up a contest than given rep to someone just because he/she is really a swell person and a good friend. Not like something like THAT has ever happened.....

I see the point of the members who feel restricted by the "one contest at a time" rule if they hold graphic contests. It's true that these type of contests kinda force you to give more time to others to respond. If there was a seperate section for set contest, the same rule could apply. So those members could have a set contest which runs for a longer period of time and another contest in the regular section.

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Yuki Eiri (L5)Shuichi (L5)Yuki Eiri (L10)
    Yuki Eiri (L9)Ryuichi (L10)Kumaguro
    Yonekuni (L3)Shuichi (L6)Toko UB (L1)

I have always enjoyed the contest section and it isn't that cumbersome having only one thread. I can usually find a contest thread without being overwhelmed by the graphics contest threads. One section for both is enough.
    There has always been some spam in the contest threads; although it has become excessive in some contest recently. Too much spam makes it difficult to participate and have fun. Spam in all the threads seems to have increased of late.

Extreme Yaoi Guru

Savings

Juumonji (L3)Hibari (L9)Kamui (L10)
    Yoruichi (L9)Saya (L9)Ace (L10)
    Rin (L9)Makoto Tachibana (young) (L2)Makoto Tachibana (L6)

I am a contestee and a host of a few contests and for future ones at that. I had fun. I'd like to point out that I am those evil spammers at the Contest Sections. It's fun yet it's really chaotic. Users tend to chat more than pay attention to the contests.

I'll be stoned as well. The Post Count can get taken down in the Contest Section since there's so much spam. A few threads were removed due to the overload and everyone panicked about the sudden loss of post counts

I don't agree about having a separate section in the Contest Section. There aren't a lot of contests since most are gone into the Contest Graveyard. There's only about 4 pages. A few threads contains games. I don't see the point of making a Graphic Section for the Contest Area. Since the threads are moved to the Contest Graveyard, then, why bother? I'm sorry for saying that, but, the Contest Section doesn't have much threads as other sections.

Besides, the spam rule are mentioned nowadays since some users are reporting spam in the threads to the Mods. Now, the hosts of those said contests are posting a rule to stop the spam. So, spam can be taken cared of. I'm quite thankful that this site has good users that listen.
    Last edited by BlackAssassin; 11-16-2009 at 08:37 PM.

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Gilgamesh (L10)Levi SnK (L8)Belphegor (L6)
    Graham (L1)Sougo (L7)Izaya (L3)
    Irabu (L6)Spacer 1Reborn
    hm...
    i don't have a real opinion yet about this topic. i can just say that i post 90% in contest and auction section (everything else is VM and PM). i probably would have like 100 posts when the posts in the contest section don't count (and btw. god knows i'm no spammer).
    but on the other hand i don't care about the post count (i don't want some shiny thing in my postbit..i already think it's full enough there).
    i think it's kinda difficult with the spamming in the contest section because some games live from spamming...it makes them more fun ...i'm talking about the games which are going on for just some hours. spam there is really great.
    but i don't really like the spam in the long contests like set contests...all these short *glomps*, *hugs* and *steals* posts are really unnescessary. i also support the idea of a special set contest section but i also understand that there are just four pages to look through (not too much work to do this^^).
    in the end...hahahaa...if i read this again...i can say...i had nothing to say at all.
    so...consider this as spam.

Extreme Yaoi Guru

Savings

Kuroo Tetsurou (L9)Kenma Kozume (L9)Heart 5 (Red)
    Heart 5 (Red)Iwaizumi Hajime (L8)Oikawa Tooru (L9)
    Tanuma (L10)Natsume (L10)Makoto Tachibana (L6)

Quote Originally Posted by BlackAssassin View Post
    I don't agree about having a separate section in the Contest Section. There aren't a lot of contests since most are gone into the Contest Graveyard. There's only about 4 pages. A few threads contains games. I don't see the point of making a Graphic Section for the Contest Area. Since the threads are moved to the Contest Graveyard, then, why bother? I'm sorry for saying that, but, the Contest Section doesn't have much threads as other sections.
    Ahh, but there WOULD be more contests if we were allowed to hold a set contest and a regular contest at the same time!!

See how that works?

Extreme Yaoi Guru

Savings

Juumonji (L3)Hibari (L9)Kamui (L10)
    Yoruichi (L9)Saya (L9)Ace (L10)
    Rin (L9)Makoto Tachibana (young) (L2)Makoto Tachibana (L6)

Quote Originally Posted by Artemis Moonsong View Post
    Ahh, but there WOULD be more contests if we were allowed to hold a set contest and a regular contest at the same time!!

See how that works?

But there's a rule to be holding two contests at the same time. I can't really think of another way around this accept that we post one contest at a time though

Yaoi Devotee

Savings

Gojo Satoru (L9)Starrk (L9)Theodore (L2)
    November (L8)Thane Krios (L7)Munechika (L9)
    Kirishima Zen (L10)Kakashi (L8)Dino (L9)

I don't think it would be such a bad thing, since set contests tend to stay open for some time, to allow users to do one graphics contest and one general contest at the same time. More than that, I think, would be a big mistake, but I can't see why one of each would be a huge problem.

It'd be difficult to enforce one of each at a time if the contests weren't separated into two separate subforums, though.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast