aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Yaoi Expert
    Savings

Yaichi (L8)Noton (L3)Ivan (L4)
    Wing 1 (Left)Akira (L3)Wing 1 (Right)
    Gian (L4)Aoba (L12)Fudou (L2)

*A*/// I support this too...but no more than 9 slots because than it would just look silly 8D;;

tina21
    Quote Originally Posted by Mordor View Post
    I guess I am the only one, who is perfectly happy with the current 6 we get. (wouldn't mind even if it was 3.) I think 9 would be too much. ^^;;
    If we had 3 slots then what would be the point of so many cards and getting new ones every now and then

Nether Horizon

Savings

Luffy (L10)(Event) Forum - LawZoro (L10)
    DalekNaruto Sage (L10)TARDIS
    (Event) Forum - Rayflo(S061) Setagawa Masahiro(S060) Kousuke Ooshiba

Let me just say, before anything else--that this is my personal opinion as a Member of this community and has no bearing on whatever decision the staff will ultimately make, regarding this request.

I appreciate the view of what would be the purpose of buying so many cards if they can't be displayed but does anyone really think the purpose of a post is to display one's cards?

Threads and posts exist for the purpose of facilitating discussions. Everything else is extraneous and in a lot of cases, distracting.

Even so... you know, I understand the idea of people wanting to show off their cards and I think it would be great for people to be able to link to the rest of their inventory... maybe a LINK to the user's inventory in the post bit would be a great thing to have.

The old argument that people need a means of self expression has been become redundant.

This is probably one of the most highly customized forums I've ever come across. We have Customizable User Profiles, Customizable Blogs and customizable Game Profiles for those who play the WOY game. Recently, the allowances for signatures were increased as well, right?

Why the need to generate what basically amounts to a mini-website every time one posts a line or two?

(...because - whether one wants to admit it or not 1 or 2 lines is what most people post, most of the time. A lot to show off but not much to actually say maybe? I don't know... I don't really get it)

At what point will enough be... enough?

I love the idea of being progressive but I dare ask that we not forget the true purpose of a forum to begin with.
    Last edited by Miko; 10-28-2009 at 02:01 PM. Reason: spelling

Extreme Yaoi Guru
    Savings

I think 9 is a bit much personally. It would make things look a bit too cluttered under our avatar and take up more space than it needs to. I do think an easier link to view a member's card inventory would be much better.

Extreme Yaoi Guru

Savings

Itachi (L10)Hades (L10)Aoshi (L10)
    Saitou Hajime (L8)Shishio Makoto (L8)Sano (L5)
    Kenshin (L7)Barnaby (L2)Yahiko (L4)

I would also support the link idea. (also thinking of scavenger hunts^^)
    Without cards most post would be much smaller and would save me much scrolling. I don't want no cards at all being displayed, but if 9 cards were displayed the posts would get even longer (although not more is posted) and I would scroll myself to death.

Extreme Yaoi Guru

Savings

Kuroo Tetsurou (L9)Kenma Kozume (L9)Heart 5 (Red)
    Heart 5 (Red)Iwaizumi Hajime (L8)Oikawa Tooru (L9)
    Tanuma (L10)Natsume (L10)Makoto Tachibana (L6)

Well my cards are a big part of my personality And to me a forum is as much about self-expression as discussion, because it's like my personal banner that precedes me before I even open my mouth start typing.

Wouldn't it be great if I could have cute bishies floating around over my head everywhere I walked in real life?

I personally think people who have no cards, no signature, and like, don't use smilies ... I don't even really wanna engage them in discussion because it seems like they don't have any personality

Just my opinion ... crazy and smiley-ridden as usual! XD

A link to the rest of your cards would be cool ... Also, I wish there were a better way to arrange them (the rest, I mean). Like maybe ... IN PAIRS!!! Yeah

I'm so sneaky

Yaoi Devotee

Savings

Gojo Satoru (L9)Starrk (L9)Theodore (L2)
    November (L8)Thane Krios (L7)Munechika (L9)
    Kirishima Zen (L10)Kakashi (L8)Dino (L9)

I like both suggestions -- the inventory link and the added cards. Not sure how it could be pulled off, but I'd love to display more of my fav cards.

That said, I'm starting to get into the habit of switching them up every so often

tina21
    I think the link to the inventory would be the best for those who want -like me- 9 cards and those who don't...

@Miko Forgive me to say this, but the WoY, blogs, twitter, chat etc that have been gradually added to the forum do not express me in any way, and I find them a bit to much for a highly customizable forum like this one as you said.

So why a person like me, that posts in 5-6 threads, that chose to be active in instead of mindlessly posting just to show off, can't have 9 cards? I know that it also can be strenuous for some connections, but an extra row won't make it even more than what it was before. And as Artemis said, its a way of expressing ones self even before he posts anything

So wouldn't the "enough" and "progression" have been considered when all these new add-ons became a part of the forum and not when this suggestion was made?

Yaoi Veteran

Savings

Shizuo (L2)Izaya (L3)Shizuo (L8)
    Rai (L7)Konoe (L2)Kida (L4)
    Hibari (L2)Yukio (L7)Yamamoto (L7)

You can already put a link to your inventory in the signature so I don't care about a link under the avatar or in the signature. besides that the cards were not visible in the post at all and thats the idea of that suggestion I think...) I believe 3 more cards will not expand the post-size that much, maybe it can be an optional feature^^

and yeah, aarin is one of the prettiest forums I've ever seen with so many features but WOY is not really a personal thing, I'm not active with my profile, I'm active with my posts so I think they represent me the best.

sorry for grammar mistakes ~~'

Extreme Yaoi Guru

Savings

Juumonji (L3)Hibari (L9)Kamui (L10)
    Yoruichi (L9)Saya (L9)Ace (L10)
    Rin (L9)Makoto Tachibana (young) (L2)Makoto Tachibana (L6)

I support what Artemis said about expressing one self.

We may have too much and we can't always have enough.

Besides that though, having another extra row is just fine with me. Having more and more and more would be too much for any of the threads since each post will be too large and there's more scrolling. Just showing off another 3 more cards would be great. It's a small extension, but yeah.

Having a link to inventory would be great, but no more scavenger hunts

I know it's redundant, but can't we have more to express ourselves more?

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast