aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Yaoi Legend

Savings

Kei Yamashiro (L8)Heart 1 (Blue)Takashi Okumura (L8)
    Rin Matsuoka (L9)Haruka Nanase (L9)Makoto Tachibana (L6)
    Hollow Ichigo (L9)Shunsui (L5)Miyuki (L4)

I thought along the same lines as you guys who were thinking Ryuichi in a bunny outfit or Shuichi in his dog one. As aarin said, it's gotta fit the site because it's a representation of it.

I also think it'll be hard to do because the way I picture a contest is this:

All the creative folks on this site run photoshop wild, and what we end up with is the equivalent of a signature with a well-known anime figure. I really think it would need to be an original character, a really well-drawn one, and then what do we end up with? No offense, guys, but I don't really think it's getting any better than heise. At that point, it's pointless.

I'm still on the nay side of this and totally against having a little chibi or a shota or something like that.

Yaoi Legend
    Savings

Pray for JapanTsuna (L10)Ginshu (L10)
    Bonten (L10)Wolfram (L10)Wolfram (L8)
    Wolfram (L1)Ciel (L9)Ciel (L5)

But why not. :/
    No chibi/shota, that's obvious.
    But if we were ablae to find a skilled artist who could create for us our own original Aarin-bishie, wouldn't it be fun?

Yaoi Veteran

Savings

Harada (L1)Tetsunosuke (L6)Alois (L6)
    Ginko (L6)Ritsu (L6)(S026) Kei Yamashiro
    Belphegor (L6)Chibitalia (L4)Yoshida (L6)
    I would agree that Heise's drawings are the best. Who knows? Maybe the artist would accept to draw one for us....even if we have to pay a (one-time) fee to be able to use it.

THat mays seem far fetched but I would think that an artist whose art is largely appreciated on a specific site would go for it. I don't think that I'm saying an enormity when I claim that this site is one of the better known and reputable.

I am totally against using a character from a well known manga/anime, chibi or otherwise. Same thing goes for an animal. I would agree 100% with the member who wrote that a cute mascot isn't exactly appropriated. Nobody wants to see the site flooded with underage members. I really don't think the mods would appreciate to have to create a full time "underage ban" police watch.

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Yayoi (L1)Youji (L1)Kouno (L1)
    Lockon (L2)Riki (L3)Fei Long (L2)
    I agree with the avoidance of childlike figures to symbolize the general membership, because they could make people feel like they're on a site aimed at juveniles and attract the same. The sites that splash those around have a different tone, and the quality of member conversation is nowhere near as high as that found here. The avatar used by Aarinfantasy in this thread is closer to what I picture as a great symbol for this site.

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Hollow Ichigo (L9)(S012) Hollow IchigoAl (L1)
    Ichigo (L6)Ichigo (L2)Ranmaru I (L1)
    Akira TnC (L1)Yuuri (L2)Naruto (L9)
    I agree with everyone on the no young and cute mascot. A mature guy in his twenties would be perfect. And, yes, Heise or any other members of X-Seven (I believes it's called) would be great artists to chose to draw the sexy mascot! Like some of you, I've always seen Heise's bishounen drawings as unofficial mascots anyways...

Wouldn't it be awesome if we had a group of mascots though? OMG Yaoi teimz! XD But that would be asking for too much. I think all we can handle right now is one, and we haven't even gotten that far yet!

This idea is getting me pretty excited, but I wonder if everyone will like the mascot chosen.

Yaoi Legend

Savings

Kei Yamashiro (L8)Heart 1 (Blue)Takashi Okumura (L8)
    Rin Matsuoka (L9)Haruka Nanase (L9)Makoto Tachibana (L6)
    Hollow Ichigo (L9)Shunsui (L5)Miyuki (L4)

Quote Originally Posted by Fey801 View Post
    I would agree that Heise's drawings are the best. Who knows? Maybe the artist would accept to draw one for us....even if we have to pay a (one-time) fee to be able to use it.

THat mays seem far fetched but I would think that an artist whose art is largely appreciated on a specific site would go for it. I don't think that I'm saying an enormity when I claim that this site is one of the better known and reputable.

I am totally against using a character from a well known manga/anime, chibi or otherwise. Same thing goes for an animal. I would agree 100% with the member who wrote that a cute mascot isn't exactly appropriated. Nobody wants to see the site flooded with underage members. I really don't think the mods would appreciate to have to create a full time "underage ban" police watch.
    LOL don't I feel special? I'm *that* member! I'm glad we're all agreed on no cutesey ones though. I really just think the whole thing would go... I dunno. I'm still nay on it, but I'd love to be proven wrong. Is anyone willing to step up and host a contest?

Nether Horizon

Savings

Luffy (L10)(Event) Forum - LawZoro (L10)
    DalekNaruto Sage (L10)TARDIS
    (Event) Forum - Rayflo(S061) Setagawa Masahiro(S060) Kousuke Ooshiba

I can sponsor it - but I guess the staff would want to do that, maybe? I personally don't have time on my hands to monitor a contest - otherwise, I would offer... but whoever does - I can offer whatever support I can... if any is needed?

Extreme Yaoi Guru

Savings

Kuroo Tetsurou (L9)Kenma Kozume (L9)Heart 5 (Red)
    Heart 5 (Red)Iwaizumi Hajime (L8)Oikawa Tooru (L9)
    Tanuma (L10)Natsume (L10)Makoto Tachibana (L6)

Quote Originally Posted by GenericWit View Post
    LOL don't I feel special? I'm *that* member! I'm glad we're all agreed on no cutesey ones though. I really just think the whole thing would go... I dunno. I'm still nay on it, but I'd love to be proven wrong. Is anyone willing to step up and host a contest?
    But I still like my idea of a non-cutesy grumpy bishie dressed up in a bunny outfit, looking major pissed about being our mascot

I'm also liking the suggestion of having multiple bishies

The contest would be a good idea! So would commissioning Heise.

Extreme Yaoi Guru

Savings

(S053) Victor NikiforovRamen 1Yuri Katsuki (L7)
    Strawberry Cake 1Xmas (006)Strawberry Roll 1
    Xmas (014)Xmas (009)Nyanko

I say no ...don't see the need for a mascot

Mordor
    Considering that BL is such a huge genre in the end, full of different stuff and different kind of fans, I don't think a mascot would be all that great, because it might limit the forum to some fans only, and driving others away.
    Not everyone is here for the "hot" bishies (who actually look like females for most part imo. Including Heise-art. To me, it yells "female".) We have bara-fans as well. And those who just like their men manly.
    People also have a different definition of cute. If you choose something like Hibaris bird or JR's teddy, some might run away trying not to puke.
    Shota is definitely no-no, since in the end, it has so many haters as well.

So the point was.. You get a mascot, and it will define what kind of forum is this, and for what kind of fans. It would be really hard, if not impossible, to find a mascot that would please all BL-fans.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast