aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Page 8 of 26 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
    Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Quote Originally Posted by Alouzon View Post
    Yes she has a copy of the order and she's even kept them shrink wrapped. The book missing is Take me to Heaven. She has one copy but not the second copy she was going to give me. She was going to give me the copy she got but I told her to keep it. She used Paypal to pay.
    There's been no refund and still no answer to her email.
    Update.

My friend has received a reply to her emails and the missing book is being shipped to her now. She should have it in a couple of weeks.

Yaoi Supporter

Savings

Takano (L3)
    I 1st read "Take Me to Heaven" in scanlation & found it OK. But I was very nicely surprised when I read it in hard print - the translation was actually so much better that it really makes a difference. For some reason, I also remembered it as a shounen-ai & was pleasantly surprised that it has a short yaoi element at the end. I want to root for Duex Press to prosper to publish Mr. Mistress 3 & "My Lovely Secretary" they have apparently licensed.

SakuraPassion
    Goodness, haven't posted here in awhile.

Anyways, like most of you I have also been keeping with the financial situation of Deux Press, I reviewed their manga at my blog The Yaoi Review, but haven't been able to because several months back Elisa had sent an email to the reviewers of Deux Press books indicating that we could still review them, but due to financial troubles we would have to pay for the shipping. When I start working again I plan on reviewing more of their titles and I would happy to pay for the shipping.

I think it's great that had the sale, because we all know that manga aint cheap.

Ruby_Alexandrine
    Its great that Deux Press had the sale and continues to sell some of the mangas at $5.00 yet I am concerned that it will be detrimental. Hopefully they will have enough money to pay for their employees, licenses (or future licenses), and printing expenses. The release dates for the other titles still have the TBA status. They have published one to three titles a month and their last publication was in May which were Kirepapa vol. 1, Noodle Shop Affair, and Part-Time Pets. They didn't publish anything in June and July is coming and going. I hope the sales will generate enough revenue for them to publish the rest of titles.

SakuraPassion
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruby_Alexandrine View Post
    Its great that Deux Press had the sale and continues to sell some of the mangas at $5.00 yet I am concerned that it will be detrimental. Hopefully they will have enough money to pay for their employees, licenses (or future licenses), and printing expenses. The release dates for the other titles still have the TBA status. They have published one to three titles a month and their last publication was in May which were Kirepapa vol. 1, Noodle Shop Affair, and Part-Time Pets. They didn't publish anything in June and July is coming and going. I hope the sales will generate enough revenue for them to publish the rest of titles.
    I hope so too, I think Deux Press is one of the best yaoi publishers we have. I think it may have helped when they started selling their manga at NetComics, but I guess we can only wait and see what happens.

Ruby_Alexandrine
    I looked at the Boys Next Door blog and its concerns about Deux Press. I simply hope what they say is just rumor and NOT true:

Boys Next Door Blog Blog Archive Deux! You can’t die on us!

Yaoi Lover
    Cloud Recesses, hiding my yaoi from Hanguang-Jun.
    Savings

Hua Cheng (L7)Wei Ying / Wei WuXian (L9)Lan Zhan / Lan WangJi (L9)
    Wen Ning (L8)SiZhui (L2)Jin Ling (L2)
    JingYi (L2)Goh (L2)Suzuki-san
    I really want to buy a few of the manga they were planning to release in the next 2 months. I really hope they aren't going out of business . I thought the sale was going well.

Thank you friends for the cards!
    -My posts look sexier thanks to you

Card thanks and wishlist

Yaoi Supporter

Savings

Takano (L3)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruby_Alexandrine View Post
    I looked at the Boys Next Door blog and its concerns about Deux Press. I simply hope what they say is just rumor and NOT true:

Boys Next Door Blog Blog Archive Deux! You can’t die on us!
    What a scary speculation! I really like them because the quality of their translation is really excellent. I do hope they pull through. A lot of their titles are really excellent. I am surprised not more of their yaoi titles are sold out already i.e. Future Lovers 1 & 2. It is more of a funny romance stories between 2 men. I can even look at my husband in the eyes & explain why I liked it when he found it the other day I do think they do have to weed out the titles though among the 3 genres they are currently publishing to focus on cash cows series only.

Ruby_Alexandrine
    Quote Originally Posted by 2old4yaoi View Post
    What a scary speculation! I really like them because the quality of their translation is really excellent. I do hope they pull through. A lot of their titles are really excellent. I am surprised not more of their yaoi titles are sold out already i.e. Future Lovers 1 & 2. It is more of a funny romance stories between 2 men. I can even look at my husband in the eyes & explain why I liked it when he found it the other day I do think they do have to weed out the titles though among the 3 genres they are currently publishing to focus on cash cows series only.
    The problem is that Deux Press' titles, as much as I enjoy several titles, are not cash cows at all. I appreciate the eclectic titles yet the titles are not bestsellers. The same can be said for Aurora and LuvLuv Press' titles as well. I appreciate that Aurora creating a josei line yet they acquired mangas that do not capture my interest. I have seen better josei mangas than the ones published by LuvLuv. The imprint is perfect for acquiring the works of Milk Morizono, Kazuko Teradate, and several others. Yet LuvLuv's future isn't looking to bright and unfortunately it may be the first one to go.

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Did anyone outside of the US ordered from Aurora? How long did it take before you received your stuff?

I'm ordering from Canada but it's almost been 3 weeks since I paid for the books. Does anyone know if this is considered normal from Aurora? I checked the USPS website and the estimated shipping time is 6-10 days...
    Last edited by Pocku; 08-07-2009 at 10:07 PM.

Page 8 of 26 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast