aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Page 7 of 26 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
    Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Hollow Ichigo (L9)(S012) Hollow IchigoAl (L1)
    Ichigo (L6)Ichigo (L2)Ranmaru I (L1)
    Akira TnC (L1)Yuuri (L2)Naruto (L9)
    Elisa seems really busy with the sale, but you can trust Deux. They had misplaced one of my books in an order (I was missing one and was accidentally given another). I emailed her about it, and she got back to me. I sent her the book back and got my original book, as well as a refund for the shipping. I also kept changing my order around too. ^^; But they were really nice about it.

What is this "financial funk" that you guys are talking about? It seems like there's a lot of BL manga companies that are going bankrupt lately. That's only my opinion though - I've never really payed attention before.

As for my post before, saying the Deux would probably get more money if they sold their manga at Borders - I actually saw a couple of their titles there the other day. I laughed, because it was the books I had ordered from the website!

(And yes! People should support the mangaka and anime directors, etc! I scold my friends all the time and encourage as much people as I can to buy instead of download.)

*is still pondering whether or not to buy second volumes from Deux* ^^;

Ruby_Alexandrine
    If I forgot to add the following details, please add any more to my explanation.

The financial funk that several of these BL imprints have been going is due to the economic situation in the States as well as suffering poor sales, etc.

-Broccoli Books USA, American subsidary of Broccoli Books Japan and parent company of BL imprint, Boysenberry, went defunct because they could not compete in the tough and highly competitive anime and manga industry which is currently dominated by Viz Media, Del Rey Manga, and TokyoPop.

-CPM, parent company of Be Beautiful, were in financial trouble around 2007 when Libre accused them of publishing their titles illegally. It was one of the main reasons why CPM declared bankruptcy. Diamond dropped many of CPM titles as well.

-Dramaqueen is still on indefinite hiatus but its no secret that they are in financial trouble as well. Since 2007, they have been looking for financial support from a backer. Regardless of DQ announcing release dates, I still assume that they do not have enough funds for printing expenses, distribution, and employees.

-Deux Press, its parent company Aurora and its other imprint LuvLuv, barely survived because they had the sale where they sold their mangas below cover price. I hope they do not end up losing more money for doing that because if they get into another dire financial situation, then they won't survive it.

-Blu Manga is still around even though I noticed that their BL acquisitions has decreased.

-June Manga & 801 Media (both BL imprints of DMP), and Kitty Media show more financial stability so far.

-Yaoi Generation is still new yet hardly anyone is talking about their recent publications and acquisitions.

Sales quotas do matter. Poor sales + no more acquisitions = no company or imprint. If fans want to read more English-translated yaoi mangas in the future, support the BL publishers and mangakas as much as we can.
    Last edited by Ruby_Alexandrine; 06-23-2009 at 11:04 AM.

LiuFeiLong
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruby_Alexandrine View Post
    Sales quotas do matter. Poor sales + no more acquisitions = no company or imprint. If fans want to read more English-translated yaoi mangas in the future, support the BL publishers and mangakas as much as we can.
    I second.
    People who are just satisfied by reading online scanlations but never bother to buy the original copies should pause for a moment and think: how would *they* feel if no one was buying their work? It sounds nasty, doesn't it?

Also they should remind themselves that scanlation and fansub groups' purpose is to introduce and promote mangas, animes and their respective creators to the English speaking world till a company makes those titles officially available.

Yaoi Supporter

Savings

Takano (L3)
    Well said! I definitely feel people should support their mangaka & the publishing companies that license them here by buying the product - especially if you live in a country where such books are available legally. If your budget is an issue - I would recommend you consider persuading your library to stock up on some of these titles. I have seen selections of 18+ M shojo mangas (i.e. Kaikan Phrase) at my local library. I am sure the head librarian wouldn't mind ordering at least some of the more Shounen Ai titles like "Rin".
    However, I believe some of these stronger companies such as DMP are supported by their parent companies in Japan though - so they have more diversified operations to support the biz of BL mangas. I am shocked that DQ did not make it - they really have some of the best BL titles & is evidenced by their being sold out so quickly. In their case, I wonder if it is just the latter decision of not so popular titles and poor planning / forecasting decisions?

Yaoi Supporter

Savings

Takano (L3)

Deux Press Sale

By the way, I got my 2nd order in 7 biz days this time. Part of my order is "Read Blinds the Foolish" - my 1st OEL yaoi by Est Em. I must say I am pleasantly surprised by how good it is. The stories are more real & "haunting"? I noticed that most of the OEL BL out there are actually published by Deux Press & they are all at least 30% off at www.everythingyaoi.com. I think I am going to make another shopping list soon

Ruby_Alexandrine
    Quote Originally Posted by 2old4yaoi View Post
    By the way, I got my 2nd order in 7 biz days this time. Part of my order is "Read Blinds the Foolish" - my 1st OEL yaoi by Est Em. I must say I am pleasantly surprised by how good it is. The stories are more real & "haunting"? I noticed that most of the OEL BL out there are actually published by Deux Press & they are all at least 30% off at www.everythingyaoi.com. I think I am going to make another shopping list soon
    Red Blinds the Foolish is not an OEL/GloBL manga. Est Em is a mangaka from Japan. She and many other yaoi mangakas use pen names instead of their real names. Also Deux Press does not publish OEL/GloBL, only yaoi mangas from Japan. Its Yaoi Press that publishes OEL/GloBL and they own the Everything Yaoi store.
    Last edited by Ruby_Alexandrine; 06-26-2009 at 10:22 PM.

Yaoi Supporter

Savings

Takano (L3)

Oel

Hi Ruby - Thanks for the explanation. I didn't even realize that Est Em is from Japan. When she mentioned in the afterwords that she was pleasantly surprised her work would be running in a Japanese BL mag, I assume that it is out of ordinary. The fact that everything yaoi is owned by Deux Press explains why they carry so all of the Deux Press/OEL titles.

Ruby_Alexandrine
    Quote Originally Posted by 2old4yaoi View Post
    Hi Ruby - Thanks for the explanation. I didn't even realize that Est Em is from Japan. When she mentioned in the afterwords that she was pleasantly surprised her work would be running in a Japanese BL mag, I assume that it is out of ordinary. The fact that everything yaoi is owned by Deux Press explains why they carry so all of the Deux Press/OEL titles.
    You are welcome! Once again, Everything Yaoi store is owned by Yaoi Press not Deux Press. Deux Press does not own an online store. Also, its very competitive for illustrators to have their work published in a magazine and then tankoubon in Japan.
    Last edited by Ruby_Alexandrine; 06-28-2009 at 07:36 PM.

Yaoi Amateur

Savings

I just received my 3 Deux Books that I ordered three weeks back.

Loved the translations!!

I wonder when will they published the rest ie Noodle Shop v2, Kirepapa v2, Cigarette Kisses..

Ruby_Alexandrine
    The last I heard, Cigarette Kisses was slated for release next month yet at the Deux Press' website, its now TBA. It all depends if they have enough revenue to publish the rest of the titles for the remainder of the year.

Page 7 of 26 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast