aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Page 6 of 26 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 260
  1. #51
    Ruby_Alexandrine
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by LiuFeiLong View Post
    Thank you both.


    I did it for Kano's "Lovers and Souls" and I'm going to repeat it for VF once it's re-published. Scanlations are okay to see what happens next, but honestly you can't compare them to the original manga/book.
    Indeed but not many people see it that way. Those people want free $#!+ and not support the mangaka.

    By the way, I enjoyed reading Lovers and Souls.

  2. #52
    LiuFeiLong
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruby_Alexandrine View Post
    Indeed but not many people see it that way. Those people want free $#!+ and not support the mangaka.
    I don't want to go off-topic here, but I think sometimes it depends on their age, whether they can afford buying them and mostly, on the attitude. Sometimes people lack in the "attitude" department though.

    By the way, I enjoyed reading Lovers and Souls.
    I loved it, and was very happy to see Deux getting it licensed for the English-speaking part of the world. I don't know how well it has sold so far, but I truly hope they will publish the rest of her "Rules Universe". Kano's realism touches me deeply. If she wasn't a manga-ka she could be a great writer, in my opinion.

  3. #53
    Ruby_Alexandrine
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by LiuFeiLong View Post
    I don't want to go off-topic here, but I think sometimes it depends on their age, whether they can afford buying them and mostly, on the attitude. Sometimes people lack in the "attitude" department though.


    I loved it, and was very happy to see Deux getting it licensed for the English-speaking part of the world. I don't know how well it has sold so far, but I truly hope they will publish the rest of her "Rules Universe". Kano's realism touches me deeply. If she wasn't a manga-ka she could be a great writer, in my opinion.
    Not to go off topic either but I have encountered a few that stated that they don't purchase the mangas simply because they prefer free scanlations. That doesn't sit well with me. *end mini-rant here*

    Anyhow, I am not sure if Lovers and Souls sold well. Kano Miyamoto is not immensely popular compared to Minase Masara (kind of scratching my head as to why more of her work is not being acquired by the more stable June Manga - they sure need a lot of pizzazz!), Nitta Youka, and Ayano Yamane. Dramaqueen was supposed to published Not Love but we all know about DQ.

    I enjoyed several Deux Press titles but I am not sure if they are going to acquire more titles in the future especially they survived this financial funk. They are publishing the titles that they acquired last year.
    Last edited by Ruby_Alexandrine; 06-17-2009 at 04:02 PM.

  4. #54
    Yaoi Amateur
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    10
    Points
    200,000
    Savings
    857,713


    I was just wondering if anyone else here had struck problems in getting books from Aurora?
    My friend ordered five books from them (one a double copy for me) and only received four. She's emailed them twice since without any response so far. She doesn't really have anyway to prove it unfortunately, the parcel was marked five books and she usually takes photos of parcels when she gets them to send me (I don't know why but she does) but this time she didn't. When she opened it there was only four books in it not the five it was labelled as having.

  5. #55
    Ruby_Alexandrine
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Alouzon View Post
    I was just wondering if anyone else here had struck problems in getting books from Aurora?
    My friend ordered five books from them (one a double copy for me) and only received four. She's emailed them twice since without any response so far. She doesn't really have anyway to prove it unfortunately, the parcel was marked five books and she usually takes photos of parcels when she gets them to send me (I don't know why but she does) but this time she didn't. When she opened it there was only four books in it not the five it was labelled as having.
    Was the book a pre-order? If it was a pre-order, then Aurora will ship the book when its in stock.

  6. #56
    Yaoi Amateur
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    10
    Points
    200,000
    Savings
    857,713


    Quote Originally Posted by Ruby_Alexandrine View Post
    Was the book a pre-order? If it was a pre-order, then Aurora will ship the book when its in stock.
    No it wasn't. She did have a pre-order in there and they shipped when it came out but the one missing is a double of one she did get in the order. She bought it for me for my birthday.

  7. #57
    Ruby_Alexandrine
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Alouzon View Post
    No it wasn't. She did have a pre-order in there and they shipped when it came out but the one missing is a double of one she did get in the order. She bought it for me for my birthday.
    If it wasn't a pre-order, its probably out of stock. If it is out of stock, then your friend should receive a refund for that book. Your friend should be more persistent but it makes matters more difficult if she cannot prove it. What method of payment did she used? Paypal? Money order? Personal check? Did she keep a copy of the order?

  8. #58
    Yaoi Amateur
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    10
    Points
    200,000
    Savings
    857,713


    Quote Originally Posted by Ruby_Alexandrine View Post
    If it wasn't a pre-order, its probably out of stock. If it is out of stock, then your friend should receive a refund for that book. Your friend should be more persistent but it makes matters more difficult if she cannot prove it. What method of payment did she used? Paypal? Money order? Personal check? Did she keep a copy of the order?
    Yes she has a copy of the order and she's even kept them shrink wrapped. The book missing is Take me to Heaven. She has one copy but not the second copy she was going to give me. She was going to give me the copy she got but I told her to keep it. She used Paypal to pay.
    There's been no refund and still no answer to her email.

  9. #59
    Extreme Yaoi Guru


    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    3,073
    Points
    10,750,000
    Savings
    60,438,143


    Lan Zhan / Lan WangJi (L9)Heart 6 (Devil)YiLing P. (L9)
    (S029) Charles J. Chrishunds (Charley)(S027) Usami Akihiko(S028) Fushimi Saruhiko
    Loki (L10)Skull 1Tony Stark (L9)

    Quote Originally Posted by Alouzon View Post
    Yes she has a copy of the order and she's even kept them shrink wrapped. The book missing is Take me to Heaven. She has one copy but not the second copy she was going to give me. She was going to give me the copy she got but I told her to keep it. She used Paypal to pay.
    There's been no refund and still no answer to her email.
    Elisa has not been the most punctual person when replying to emails, probably because of the large amount of orders she's been getting. So if your friend is expecting an email reply within a few days, its probably not likely ^^;
    A Deux newsletter was sent out yesterday, so hopefully she will have replied to your friend by now. Its not realistic to expect a refund without a reply since the book is still in stock. The most likely scenario is that they will resend the missing book.

    Best of luck on getting your book


    Also, was the package your friend received well packed, perhaps one of the books fell out? Just suggesting since the packaging for my order was a bit ripped by the time it arrived (the books inside were fine though).

  10. #60
    Yaoi Supporter

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    158
    Points
    1,200,100
    Savings
    795,807


    Takano (L3)
    Oh dear. I also ordered "Take Me to Heaven" I do hope the reason Alouzon's friend is not getting it is a simple order mistake & they will refund the cost of the book - not because the book has sold out. I placed order on 10 books 0n 6/9. I really thought they got the order process more efficient this time even though the Excel spreadsheet would not open when I send it back to them. E-mail them the book list, take them 2 days to reply if it can be processed, send them the money & now I am waiting up to 2 weeks for my order to show up through media mail. I do hope they will license & publish "Mister Mistress 3" and the sequel to "Two of Hearts" - "Amayakana Toge"

    I really like 801 Media but honestly speaking, I think the View Finder series might be better managed in the hands of Kitty Media. I am very impressed at the way "Crimson Spells" is handled - the 2nd vol is up to 3rd publication already (more for the 1st) & can be easily & fairly gotten from most retailers. So you don't have the high price exploitation at Ebay or Half.com currently happening w/ any good, out of print yaoi books.

 

 
Page 6 of 26 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •