aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Page 22 of 26 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast
    Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Yang Wen-Li (L2)Kusuriuri (L10)Haji (L5)
    Cloud (L9)Lady Oscar (L2)Seto (L7)
    Pray for JapanElizabethWolfwood (L10)

Just to keep the updates, I received my order, it was absolutely massive. I'm really glad I got it, safe and sound, so I'd like to recommend their service to everyone that wants to buy it. Safe for international shipping!

Waratte oemashou chiisana inori <3
    I like my boys like I like my whiskey: 12 years old and with coke on it
    Lady loves everyone!

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Ryoumei (L1)Ao (L7)Pray for Japan
    Rukawa (L8)Kamiya (L5)Iwabuchi (L5)
    CactuarAsami (L9)Shiki (L9)
    hehehe, i absolutely got my deux pack and it was really a bargain, i got 5 mangas + shipping cost and with that i would have bought 3 mangas on my regular store... woah... that's why i went for it, i got a problem with a second paypal invoice that not got paid but (it was a security issue) but was solved... agree with army kitten the printing of the mangas are really good, i'm very happy with my batch... elisa is taking a while to answer some mails but she might be drawn in mails...
    Thanks so much Kashino! for the S6 Klaus Card
    and Loverlie for Howl Lv3 Card *uh nyaah*
    and also HEEDLESS for Kyoko Lv8, Yamamoto Lv7, Shiki Lv9 and Asami Lv9 Cards! <--- Superhot!!!

__.__.__.__.__.__.__.__.__.__
    Proudly a mexican aaringirl

Yaoi Supporter

Savings

Ryuusei (L2)Haruhiko Usami (L7)Gren (L1)
    Sesshoumaru (L7)Akizuki (L6)Fei Long (L10)
    Kikumaru (L4)(S066) Takato SaijouShoui (L1)

I finally got my second order, safe and sound!

Last edited by izzasantos; 03-31-2010 at 10:25 AM.
    Probie of the Ebil Clan and looking for a permanent title

One Love Maiden Rose set by khoakhung

*My Wishlist and Thanks*
    ~Izza's Adoption Center~ Adopt a Bishie Today!~
    *Feeling lonely or generous? Stop by and adopt or donate a bishie!*

Super Special Thank Yous to:
    stupidgirlang for my very first Lv10 card, Inuyasha and my most wanted Ryuichi,
    swtlilpaopufruit for the great surprise of Sess-sama Lv10.

and
    Faery Garden Project
    *Where faeries make card dreams come true!*

Ruby_Alexandrine
    This comes from the Kuriousity blog:

Here is some not-so good news concerning Aurora Publishing. As of April 14th, Aurora Publishing will remove all of their publications at NetComics. To make matters worse, its speculated that a California broker has put Aurora Publishing "up for sale" for $300,000.
    A Graphic Novel (Manga) Publisher is for Sale Business for Sale | Los Angeles County, Southern California

Since several U.S. manga publishers have been cautious about the economy, the likelihood of Aurora being brought by another manga publisher is slim.

Also Aurora is still has their mega bargain sale of their publications:
    Holiday Sale

The Fujoshi Girls EBay store is now defunct as well. I doubt that Deux Press will continue publishing Kirepapa and other mangas they acquired because of their very fragile state.
    Last edited by Ruby_Alexandrine; 04-15-2010 at 06:28 PM.

Yaoi Supporter

Savings

Ryuusei (L2)Haruhiko Usami (L7)Gren (L1)
    Sesshoumaru (L7)Akizuki (L6)Fei Long (L10)
    Kikumaru (L4)(S066) Takato SaijouShoui (L1)

Thanks for sharing the news Ruby! It makes me really sad to hear that since the publisher has such great titles and probably won't be able to continue releasing and publishing them!

Now, it's just a matter of waiting for the best to happen Maybe DMP, that has bought quite a few other publishers and their titles, will do that in this case also.
    Probie of the Ebil Clan and looking for a permanent title

One Love Maiden Rose set by khoakhung

*My Wishlist and Thanks*
    ~Izza's Adoption Center~ Adopt a Bishie Today!~
    *Feeling lonely or generous? Stop by and adopt or donate a bishie!*

Super Special Thank Yous to:
    stupidgirlang for my very first Lv10 card, Inuyasha and my most wanted Ryuichi,
    swtlilpaopufruit for the great surprise of Sess-sama Lv10.

and
    Faery Garden Project
    *Where faeries make card dreams come true!*

Yaoi Supporter

Savings

Takano (L3)
    Oh no .... That is so very, very sad I have so many of their titles. I actually thought they did an awesome job w/ their yaoi licenses selection & I have most of them. I was hoping that their other genres would not have dragged them down :-( This is terrible news indeed.

Ruby_Alexandrine
    Quote Originally Posted by izzasantos View Post
    Thanks for sharing the news Ruby! It makes me really sad to hear that since the publisher has such great titles and probably won't be able to continue releasing and publishing them!

Now, it's just a matter of waiting for the best to happen Maybe DMP, that has bought quite a few other publishers and their titles, will do that in this case also.
    You're welcome! It is unfortunate news indeed. The bargain sale is still on-going and the oneshots and complete manga series that Deux Press managed to publish will probably not be re-licensed by another BL publisher.

Quote Originally Posted by 2old4yaoi View Post
    Oh no .... That is so very, very sad I have so many of their titles. I actually thought they did an awesome job w/ their yaoi licenses selection & I have most of them. I was hoping that their other genres would not have dragged them down :-( This is terrible news indeed.
    I just placed an order for all of the LuvLuv josei manga titles and Future Lovers vols. 1 and 2. I decided to purchase the LuvLuv publications since there are not that many josei manga in the market. Besides, the bargain is too good to pass up. It was handled very quickly and Mikako sent me notification that my order will be shipped today.

I hate to say it but it seems like Aurora and its imprints are one step away from going defunct. Anyone who hasn't taken advantage of the sale, do so now because its not going to last for long.
    Last edited by Ruby_Alexandrine; 04-15-2010 at 07:46 PM.

SakuraPassion
    It really does suck. I enjoyed their selection of manga. Why does it seem that BL publishers fail?

Yaoi Supporter

Savings

Takano (L3)
    Quote Originally Posted by SakuraPassion View Post
    It really does suck. I enjoyed their selection of manga. Why does it seem that BL publishers fail?
    I suppose when you are in a niche business, you have to be really, really good to do well. I think the successful ones so far - DMP, TokyoPop, Kitty Media & Net Comics not only have to pick some good titles but also to supplement them by other regular, action mangas. And so far there are really not that many good yaoi titles & even if there are good ones - licensing them is a lot of work?

Ruby_Alexandrine
    Quote Originally Posted by SakuraPassion View Post
    The problems vary. What caused Be Beautiful to go defunct began with Libre's accusations of illegally publishing Libre (formerly Biblos) titles. It simply went downhill from there. Boysenberry, BL imprint of the now defunct Broccoli Books, went out of business because its parent company could not compete in the manga market in the U.S.

With Aurora, I think the problems started with distribution which I think I read somewhere that Borders and some other brick and mortar stores began sending back Aurora books that did not sell or simply were not put in the bookshelves. It wrecks havoc on their sales and profit. Then of course their titles were not bestsellers even though many of their publications are very good. Aurora is a small publisher and unfortunately, they are not as big as Viz, TokyoPop, Del Rey, and even DMP.
    Last edited by Ruby_Alexandrine; 04-17-2010 at 01:25 PM.

Page 22 of 26 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast