aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Page 17 of 26 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast
    Ruby_Alexandrine
    I recently read that TokyoPop was going to use better paper and print quality of their publications. Blu is a part of TP, so I am not sure if TP included Blu as part of the change. Also, I don't know when it will happen. I don't like flimsy mangas because the books can be easily fall apart.

Extreme Yaoi Guru

Savings

Lan Zhan / Lan WangJi (L9)Heart 6 (Devil)YiLing P. (L9)
    (S029) Charles J. Chrishunds (Charley)(S027) Usami Akihiko(S028) Fushimi Saruhiko
    Loki (L10)Skull 1Tony Stark (L9)

The Tokyopop higher quality paper starts from October, so I presume anything released/printed before then would still be the thin version.

Yaoi Supporter

Savings

Takano (L3)
    Quote Originally Posted by sawwie-chan View Post
    The Tokyopop higher quality paper starts from October, so I presume anything released/printed before then would still be the thin version.
    Unless the titles are so popular that they sold out despite the print quality - then perhaps the 2nd printing will be fortunate enough to be on the better quality paper. Highly unlikely though.

I am also glad that Deux has kept their quality & prices constant. I am rooting for them. When are they going to license & publish & finish the last part (vol 3) of Mr. Mistress? By the way, I am really flummoxed as to why the US publishers love to license Naduki Kojima's work - BB, June, Duex all have her work ... I am being selfish here - I just want all the titles that I have little interest in out of the way so they can print the titles I covet so much earlier & faster

Extreme Yaoi Guru

Savings

(S029) Charles J. Chrishunds (Charley)(S027) Usami Akihiko(S028) Fushimi Saruhiko

Quote Originally Posted by 2old4yaoi View Post
    Unless the titles are so popular that they sold out despite the print quality - then perhaps the 2nd printing will be fortunate enough to be on the better quality paper. Highly unlikely though.

I am also glad that Deux has kept their quality & prices constant. I am rooting for them. When are they going to license & publish & finish the last part (vol 3) of Mr. Mistress? By the way, I am really flummoxed as to why the US publishers love to license Naduki Kojima's work - BB, June, Duex all have her work ... I am being selfish here - I just want all the titles that I have little interest in out of the way so they can print the titles I covet so much earlier & faster
    what are you saying, Koujima's chibis are cute. If they haven't licensed the 3rd vol, I don't think Deux is healthy enough to be getting new licenses yet. I personally want the next volume of Tomcats (its plotless but the kitties are adorable ).
    Last edited by sawwie-chan; 10-15-2009 at 09:30 PM.

Ruby_Alexandrine
    @sawwie-chan - Thanks for the TokyoPop update. Its a damn shame that the publications are inconsistent. Some of my Kitty Media mangas have matte cover while others are shiny especially Sense and Sexuality which is super shiny.

I agree with 2oldforyaoi about Naduki Kojima because I don't understand the appeal to her work. I never liked her work and its more aimed at high school girls than adults. Her art style is one of the worse in the genre. I move on to better things. (out of the soap box)

Back to Deux Press, I seriously hope that they are financially stable enough to acquire a couple of more titles because personally, I am not interested in Cigarette Kisses and Spicy but Sweet. I don't know how much gas Aurora has left in the tank. I do look forward to Age Called Blue by Est Em. I guess NetComics heard of the positive reviews Est Em's work was receiving from some fans and decided to acquire Age Called Blue.

Yaoi Lover
    Cloud Recesses, hiding my yaoi from Hanguang-Jun.
    Savings

Hua Cheng (L7)Wei Ying / Wei WuXian (L9)Lan Zhan / Lan WangJi (L9)
    Wen Ning (L8)SiZhui (L2)Jin Ling (L2)
    JingYi (L2)Goh (L2)Suzuki-san
    I really hope they publish 2&3 of Noodle Shop Affair and Kirepapa. I bought Volume 1 of both and then if they don't release the others I am not going to be able to find out what happened in the story. I really hate that. Like an eternal cliffhanger .

Thank you friends for the cards!
    -My posts look sexier thanks to you

Card thanks and wishlist

Yaoi Supporter

Savings

Takano (L3)
    @sawwie-chan
    Surely there are other high school age chibis you can easily subsitute for Naduki Kojima's? Well, you must be much younger than me - I guess as long as yaoi fangirls like you are supporting sensei & the publisher, I would quit complaining too much

@StarSaber
    At least on their website, the latest release schedule include the rest of Noodle Shop & Kire Papa series. The next one I really, really want is "Potrait in Blue" by Ike Rebun (I so wish they would move the timing up for this one) and "Trained by the Boss" which as been licensed but w/ no release date yet. I wonder if these publishers are flexible enough to change release schedule based on historical sales data. The fact that "Mr. Mistress 1 & 2" are sold out so quickly means there is revenue to be made by publishing the volume 3 quickly so that should be prioritized.

Extreme Yaoi Guru

Savings

Quote Originally Posted by 2old4yaoi View Post
    @sawwie-chan
    Surely there are other high school age chibis you can easily subsitute for Naduki Kojima's? Well, you must be much younger than me - I guess as long as yaoi fangirls like you are supporting sensei & the publisher, I would quit complaining too much
    As much as it pains me to say it, I strongly doubt that I'd be younger than you ^^
    I have a rather wide range of tastes so let's just say I'm defying the age restrictions
    The fact that "Mr. Mistress 1 & 2" are sold out so quickly means there is revenue to be made by publishing the volume 3 quickly so that should be prioritized.
    Maybe their print run was smaller? (a la DMP style).

According to this page the next few volumes would be:
    Kinky But Kind Naduki Koujima
    Kirepapa: Volume 2 Ryo Takagi
    Noodle Shop Affair: Volume 2 CJ Michalski

This might change but it sounds about right. I think they should finish the titles they have already published (and licensed) rather than starting on new ones.

---
    I've tweaked the first page because I'm not sure whether the $3 deal is still valid.

Yaoi Addict

Savings

Cross (L9)TimcanpyTyki (L6)
    Allen (L8)Lenalee (L8)Kanda (L8)
    Spacer 1Spacer 1X Classic Italics (Black)
    *cough*
    Something strange is going on with Deux and Elisa... I've placed my order in end-August, and nothing has arrived yet.. I appreciate that Elisa is working hard to process all the orders, but I don't understand what's going on
    I understand that international shipping takes more time, but not THAT more. In a week it'll be two months..

Extreme Yaoi Guru

Savings

Quote Originally Posted by helenae View Post
    *cough*
    Something strange is going on with Deux and Elisa... I've placed my order in end-August, and nothing has arrived yet.. I appreciate that Elisa is working hard to process all the orders, but I don't understand what's going on
    I understand that international shipping takes more time, but not THAT more. In a week it'll be two months..
    Have you emailed Elisa? Maybe its lost in the mail? I'm waiting for mine to arrive but I only paid about 2 weeks ago so I'm not worried yet.

Page 17 of 26 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast