aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Jemcrystal

Unhappy why can't i delete my posts?

Can't you set it up so we can delete our own posts? I'm accident prone - I need that option!!!

foxhat
    You can edit your posts, but not delete. Only admins have abilities to delete posts. I'm sure if it was very, VERY important to have your post deleted, they would do it, but otherwise, you'll just have to edit them and hope no one quotes you before you change your post!

nice sig and avatar btw ^_^ and welcome to the forum!

Yaoi Expert

Savings

Wing 1 (Left)(S019) TinkleWing 1 (Right)
    Spacer 1Heart 4 (Rainbow)Spacer 1
    Luffy (L10)Sanji (L9)Ace (L10)

Also mods can delete posts. You must have a good reason though .

Yaoi Legend

Savings

Kei Yamashiro (L8)Heart 1 (Blue)Takashi Okumura (L8)
    Rin Matsuoka (L9)Haruka Nanase (L9)Makoto Tachibana (L6)
    Hollow Ichigo (L9)Shunsui (L5)Miyuki (L4)

Mmm yeuah... I can see where giving you the option of deleting your own post could cause some harm (such as in the case of trolls who would come to piss people off than delete before the mods noticed) and other such cases.

Really, the only reason you should have to delete is if something was double posted. That happens, but the mods are always really understanding if you edit something like (sorry double post) in. Be sure not to rapid click the post button. The only other reason I could see is when the server gets backed up and everything slows down, but... that's at the same time every day. I wouldn't worry too much about it.

*ponders* It'd be cool though if maybe members who were there a certain amount of time or who have enough posts could have the option, but... again, I think that's more trouble than it's worth.

If dai-kun says we don't need it, we don't need it.

Busy Body

Savings

Rin (L9)Yukio (L9)Daisuke (L10)
    Allen (L1)

Just report any posts that you want to get delete (if it's yours of course) and we'll delete them for you. The report post function is to the bottom left of your post.

Some people might say, people can just edit the post then if they don't want the mods to see it. Yes that is true, but every edit to a post is logged into the post history so we can always go back and see what edit was made, so of course it is very useful to see what the original post was even if it was edited. If it was deleted then there's no way we can see what was there.

Welcome to the forums