aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Yaoi Supporter
    the cyber civilization (recently rejoined)
    Savings

Conrad (L4)Soubi (L10)Yuki Eiri (L9)
    Archer (L6)Hiei (L2)Hitsugaya (L4)
    Byakuya  (L3)Grimmjow (L6)Byakuya (L7)

[solved] can't see my own profile

Hello, I've posted this problem once before but no one replied so I'm trying again.

My problem is that I can't see my own profile no matter which link I click on. There is another user with my name but without the underscore, their username is "Ruby Moon" whereas mine is "Ruby_Moon". My theory is that the underscore(_) in my username might be causing the problem in the URL to see my profile. So what I'd like to ask is, is there a way to fix this somehow? Another method I'm thinking of perhaps changing my username to replace the underscore(_) with a hyphen(-), how do I change that? Any tips are welcome. Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by Ruby_Moon; 01-13-2009 at 12:58 AM. Reason: problem solved

ZSP
    Well, similar situations with profile bugs have happened in the past. Most noticeably the one that leads you to A~^^'s profile no matter whose profile you were trying to see.

In your case I think it would be best and probably solved by changing your username altogether; not just replacing the underscore with a hyphen, but changing it as much as you can in order for the board to recognize you as a different user than Ruby Moon. In order to change it you will have to ask an admin about it, so I'm sure they'll advise you further regarding your problem as well.

In Love with Cute Chibis

Savings

Hongou (L10)Yuuya (L10)Kichou (L10)
    Klaus (L10)Taki (L10)Kagerou (L9)
    Wolfram (L10)Kazuki OTRFK (L10)Wataru OTRFK (L10)

Yeap you are right. I can't see Ruby_Moon's profile but Ruby Moon's profile.

If you want to change your username, just PM to any Admin.

Busy Body

Savings

Rin (L9)Yukio (L9)Daisuke (L10)
    Allen (L1)

I've fixed this issue.

Yaoi Supporter
    the cyber civilization (recently rejoined)
    Savings

Conrad (L4)Soubi (L10)Yuki Eiri (L9)
    Archer (L6)Hiei (L2)Hitsugaya (L4)
    Byakuya  (L3)Grimmjow (L6)Byakuya (L7)
    whoa! came back today and it's fixed! yay~~ thank you so much Dai-kun *eyes full of admiration*

Extreme Yaoi Guru
    Savings

This user as well: moonlit.daze
    I was going to send them a message, but it keeps telling me that the user has not registered. I'm assuming that its because of the (.) in their username. Can this also be fixed? Maybe I will just send them a PM...

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Ichigo (Vizard) (L10)Xanxus (L10)Aizen (L10)
    Hitsugaya (L10)Rukia (L10)Ulquiorra (L8)

Hi and thanks for pointing that out melodysnow. I tried to view other member's profiles that has . in their usernames and received a message about them not registering. Even my profile says it

Extreme Yaoi Guru
    Savings

I hope it can be fixed.. Dai-kun managed to fix Ruby_Moon's, so maybe the problem will be rectified soon enough.

Busy Body

Savings

Allen (L1)

Sorry, seems like everyone has either a . _ or - in their username so it messes up the url rewrite engine. I had to use one of those markers as a "space" (if the user has a space in their name). So if I chose "-" as the "space" dai-kun would translate to dai kun instead so you get the can't view member's profile or another user's profile. To correct this, I've added the member's id to the username profile url. So make sure that the user ID is part of the web url when you try to view your username now, meaning if you posted your profile id somewhere, it will not have the user ID attached to it cus I just implemented it.
    For example, my profile url is
    http://aarinfantasy.com/forum/members/dai-kun-4.html
    instead of
    http://aarinfantasy.com/forum/members/dai-kun.html
    now.

Busy Body

Savings

Allen (L1)

Guys, I have changed the settings to remove the userid from the url. This is because it's a pain trying to view a user profile when you don't know their userid.

Because of this, past problems may occur where you can't view your profile. I have done what I can to prevent this. If you still have problems, post here so I know it's not fixed. Thanks!

To get the new profile link, either click on your username in any of your post or click on the username in the who's online box.
    Last edited by Dai-kun; 09-14-2009 at 01:39 AM.