aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Fuzzy Pink Fluff Thing

Wherever Vincent is... Don't tell Sephiroth. He'll kill me for stalking his boyfriend.
    Savings

Garrus Vakarian (L10)(Event) Forum - Levi(Event) FaceBook - Yukina
    Vincent (L8)Sephiroth (L8)Chaos (L10)
    Riku (L8)Cid Raines (L8)(S051) Luciel

Question The difference between Everything Else and Chit Chat?

I'm a wee bit confused here. About the difference between the chit chat section and the everything else section.
    I just made this thread: http://aarinfantasy.com/forum/f161/t...read_show.html
    It's a thread where people can show off their cards and wishlists and such.

Now... I'm not contesting the move. I figure the mods know better than me where things belong. It just got me wondering what the difference is between threads that get moved to Chit Chat and threads that get to stay in Everything Else.

I figured the thread belonged in Everything Else because it is a forum related thread. It's not some random everyday life/talk about anything kind of thread that I would figure is what the Chit Chat section is for.
    At the same time I see a thread in the Everything Else section that's called "Do You Smoke?" which is a thread I DID think belong in the Chit Chat section.
    I'm just a bit confused...

So... can anyone please explain to me what the difference is?
    Last edited by Ferus37; 05-20-2008 at 03:15 PM. Reason: Title spelling...

Suracis
    Well, I'm not too sure about the difference about I know as to why the Chit Chat was created in the first place. It was created for people to talk to each other when they couldn't do so through IM and to talk about whatever really and since the mods didn't want that happening in any other section, the Chit Chat was created. So yeah, hope this helps a bit.

Extreme Yaoi Guru

Savings

Kuroo Tetsurou (L9)Kenma Kozume (L9)Heart 5 (Red)
    Heart 5 (Red)Iwaizumi Hajime (L8)Oikawa Tooru (L9)
    Tanuma (L10)Natsume (L10)Makoto Tachibana (L6)

If you're curious, just PM one of the section mods: crystal, Dahlia, Inochimizu, szto, and Yavannah, according to this POST.

They're not usually secretive about why they do things -- just busy. I also have a sneaking suspicion there is no Aarinfantasy Handbook passed out to new moderators when they're first inducted, so in essence, people just move threads and enforce rules at their own discretion.

And I got lots of peas!

Savings

(S010) JokerTaki (L1)Riki (L4)
    Yukihito (L1)Sakuya (L5)Takenaga (L5)
    Ueno (L5)Jiang Wei (L2)Sono (L3)

Artemis is right about us not getting a handbook when we became mods. ^^;;
    So it's basically us moderating at our discretion while keeping the rules in mind as reference or discussing things between staff members if unsure or unusual cases occur.

I cannot say anything about other mods, but I usually move threads to ChitChat (I never take threads out from ChitChat if started there, even if there might be a fitting section for them) for example when the topics are personal, there is no section where it halfway fits (and moving is therefore lesser means to deleting, closing or editing) or the threads fit the description aarinfantasy out into the ChitChat section as sticky.

Personal means that I move threads like "What should I do...", "My latest crush",... and the like. In comparison I rather leave threads referring to all members ("Do you smoke", "What favourite..",...) in the Everything Else section unless other points suggest ChitChat.

So basically it is a case to case decision.
    As for the Cards thread, we can think about putting it somewhere else, but at first sight I didn't see a section where it fits 100%. Maybe it would fit into the Points Central because there already are several sticky threads concerning cards...

Fuzzy Pink Fluff Thing

Wherever Vincent is... Don't tell Sephiroth. He'll kill me for stalking his boyfriend.
    Savings

Garrus Vakarian (L10)(Event) Forum - Levi(Event) FaceBook - Yukina
    Vincent (L8)Sephiroth (L8)Chaos (L10)
    Riku (L8)Cid Raines (L8)(S051) Luciel

Thank you for replying Yavannah.

Like I said in my first post, I am NOT contesting the move. That was never the intention of this thread. I'm not asking to have the thread put anywhere else.
    If the moderator who moved it think it fits there then it probably does.
    (People who want to use it can probably find it anyway.)

The intention of this thread was merely an attempt to get some clarification as to what the difference is, so I can have it in mind when I make a new thread in the future. I chose not to send a PM asking about it because I thought some clarification might be of aid to others too.

I didn't mean this as a complaint or anything like that. I was just asking for some information, which I've now gotten.
    Thank you again.

Edit: Though... it would be nice to maybe hear which criteria other moderators go by too. See what the commonalities are, and the differences. Just for future reference.
    Last edited by Ferus37; 05-20-2008 at 03:47 PM.

And I got lots of peas!

Savings

(S010) JokerTaki (L1)Riki (L4)
    Yukihito (L1)Sakuya (L5)Takenaga (L5)
    Ueno (L5)Jiang Wei (L2)Sono (L3)

Quote Originally Posted by Ferus37 View Post
    Like I said in my first post, I am NOT contesting the move. ...
    I know, but the thread is supposed to be for all members here and it will just disappear in ChitChat I fear. And I don't think the mod who moved it will mind.