aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Extreme Yaoi Guru
    Savings

(S013) AkihitoYukito (L1)Touya (L1)
    Sasuke (L1)Sasuke (L1)Naruto (L4)
    Yuuri (L6)Wolfram (L8)Randy (L1)

Now I'm confused... how are they the same thing?

Thanks gives one point, not one Rep Point -- one Rep Point is given for every 100 singular Thanks given (or the equivalent number received in Rep)... so there's a big difference between one point of "thanks" and the 100 total points required to display as one point in your Rep Power. Your Rep Power is what defines how many points you're able to give when Repping someone... so if I was to give Rep, instead of only giving one point like I would with Thanks, I'd be giving 159 points, that's over 1 and a half points of Rep Power increasing... so it's a pretty big difference.

Extreme Yaoi Guru

Savings

Daisuke (L10)Sanzo (L10)Sousuke (L5)
    (S010) Joker(S009) Havi(S006) Klaus
    (S008) Shuichi(S007) RebornKazuki (L7)

No you get 1 Rep Power per 100 rep Points.

Too_troublesome
    OK, I have a question (which I hope is applicable here). Is it possible to see the reps I've given? My computer was working funky today and I'm unsure if the message went through as my screen showed words appearing and disappearing and when I tried again it just froze up altogether. I know the thread I was in, but not which post.

Thank you for your help.

szto
    You are not able to see rep given by you. However, you can't rep the same person in a row, so that pretty much helps you figure out if rep has been given to them already. Or you can just PM a mod to ask them for help

Total Yaoi Freak
    Savings

Tomohiro Shiraishi (L5)Iwaki (L6)YiLing P. (L9)
    Lan Zhan / Lan WangJi (L9)(S027) Usami Akihiko(S020) Yokozawa
    (S021) Riki(S022) Iason(S016) Takano

Every 100 points your rep power is increased of 1. and you receive a square every x points:
    each one of the first 5 squares resemble 150 rep points. Each one of the second five squares represent 250 rep points. Each one of the third five squares resemble 1000 points, and when you have 7000 points you receive a bee.

Every month you receive 1 rep power, so there are many people that have hight rep power because they are "old members"

about rep points see here:
    http://www.aarinfantasy.com/forum/sh...ad.php?t=15349
    Last edited by Mika-san; 01-29-2007 at 05:26 AM.

Yaoi Addict
    Savings

Cid Raines (L8)Kusuriuri (L10)Rufus (L7)
    Lightning (L8)Hope (L8)Angeal (L6)
    Balthier (L6)Bartz (L1)Squall (L6)

You "boost" your rep with being helpful, actually.
    If you help out other users with problems or upload things for them, people can be very grateful. For example look at the manga/anime section, if there are files in need of an upload (tho, please do not doublelink - this causes the opposite effect, cuz this is considered as spamming here).
    Look for users, who need help with the forum/games or codecs and help them out. Try to participate in the forum and mind the rules (for example opening a shop in the points-related-section - if you do well, people might give you rep as a payment).
    But the most important thing is: Be polite, respectful, friendly and helpful. That way people give rep and thanks to you.

~ Gnarf

EDIT: Also, you gain one rep power every month, so even without doing anything, you still gain some rep. (100 posts = 1 rep power, too)
    Last edited by Gnarf; 02-04-2007 at 10:43 AM.

Too_troublesome
    I have a feeling the answer will be no, but I'm going to ask anyway. Is there a way to tell when the 24 hours is up so I can do another rep? I find I get caught up in thanking people for uploads and then I can't rep someone in the fanfic section until I pass this magical 24 hour period, but I don't always recall exactly when I gave my thanks(or reps) as it is usually spread out. So what I end up doing is trying (being careful to not thank anyone else during this time) every couple of hours until it finally works. Knowing when I am able to rep again would be helpful to me, but I'm not complaining - I'm just curious.

szto
    You can thank a person as much as you want, but you can only rep the same person after giving out rep to 5 others.

This is the relevant part in Dai's post:

Quote Originally Posted by Dai-kun
    # Daily Reputation Clicks Limit: 10

* How many reputation clicks can a user give over each 24 hour period? Administrators are exempt from this limit.

# Reputation User Spread: 5

* How many different users must you give reputation to before you can hit the same person again? Administrators are exempt from this limit.
    What I don't get from your post is that according to your description, you thank people for downloads, and then you aren't able to rep others in the fanfic section. The two things shouldn't affect each other that way. Thanks are endless, but reps per day are limited to a maximum of 10. If there's a user you can't rep, even though you haven't repped them before, you should contact a staff member.

To answer your question though, there's no "count down" for when you can rep the same person again. So if you don't keep score with the reps you give, you'll just have to try till you can rep the same person again ^^;

flameofthenight
    Okay.i've looked everywhere and gone back and forth between threads and I'm still not getting something. I understand that rep power is a good thing, and how you can give reps, get reps, and I understand that you get points, but..why? Can you use the points to buy stuff? Do you get access to certain threads or something? Are there games you can play? Please, someone tell me. I've looked all over and I don't get it. I know I sound like an idiot but I truly don't get the point.

szto
    Again, a quote XP

Quote Originally Posted by Dai-kun
    Reputation in its simpliest form is a ranking of the user's benefit to the forum. Its basis comes from the opinions of all of the forum users that have choosen to take part in it.
    Reps are only good for this, you don't get extra benefits with it, you don't get to access a secret part pf the forum where only people with bees can go, you don't get higher download speed, and you won't have a bigger avatar. But you'll know you are helpful to others, and people think your posts are worth thanking ^^

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast