aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Mookyul (L2)(S013) AkihitoEwon (L2)
    Kaname (L9)Luka Crosszeria (L9)Saitou HK (L1)
    (S009) HaviZero (L4)Yuki UB (L1)

Angry My thread got mixed up with other people's thread!

I started one NEW thread in the yaoi mania section yesterday and when i check back in today to see if there's any new replies, all of a sudden i see my thread being dominated by someone elses' thread. the thread that i started is almost the same thread as that guy, but i didnt know that there's another thread that has the same topic as me. yes, i know you'll be saying things like "you should search the topic first before posting" well, for that part, it might be my fault, but the thing is, does this always happen?

like if someone has the same topic as the another person, does it automatically mixed it with other ppl's thread? i think that's not very nice you know...no matter whether it's almost the same topic or not, it shouldnt mix with other ppl's thread. or is this some glitch? i dont think so it's a glitch though. if one day, i start another thread with different titles and contents and get mixed up with other ppl's thread, i'll be pissed to be honest...

Extreme Yaoi Guru

Savings

Barnaby (L2)Kotetsu (L2)Josef (L2)
    Ginji Amano (L10)Sinbad (L9)Jousuke (L2)
    Kanji P4 (L1)Alibaba (L6)Yosuke P4 (L1)

Duplicate topic threads don't automatically get mixed, it's usually done by forum staff. We merge the threads because, despite it being a new thread and all, it still talks about the same topic.

We could also post in your thread to tell you about the duplicate, and close your thread. And then you'd be force to continue your conversation in the other main thread. So instead of making you repost your opinion again, we'd merge it to the main thread, and you can continue your discussion there.

I looked into what you saw that was merged, the topics are very similar, therefore someone else merged it.

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

heh...so what you're trying to say is, it happens to everyone?

Mordor
    Whatever forum you're in, most of the time, there's one of these following policies in use:

1. Similar/duplicate threads gets merged, so that there isn't let's say ~6 topics of the same episode of xxx-anime.

2. Newer thread gets closed and you have to post your thoughts all over again, to the already existing thread.

And also, in some cases
    3. The newer thread gets completely deleted, and you can't even check what you had wrote so you could re-post it in the existing thread.

So from my point of view, option 1 is much nicer. And that is, as Blu stated, the policy in use here. It also helps to keep the forum more cleaner and easier to join in conversations over the same topic

So yes, this happens to everyone, no matter who it is, and that is why it's easier if you just used search function
    Last edited by Mordor; 11-11-2010 at 10:32 AM.

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

hmm...i see...thx