aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Yaoi Expert

A nice dark cave in Middle Earth...with Ichigo and a kitty... ^^
    Savings

Ichigo (Vizard) (L10)Heart 6 (Devil)Grimmjow (L10)
    Grimmjow (L4)Ichigo (L6)Grimmjow (L6)
    Ishida Uryuu (L8)Lea (L8)Spacer 1

IShop's "Double Card Purchase" Glitch

This has happened THREE times in the last few months...the first two, I sold the "extra" card back and had to bother Aarin about the negative checking points. The last time, I just gifted the card to a friend. It's become so scary (especially bigger point cards) that I now send my points to a friend to make my purchases and send me the cards. Let me explain:

If I want a 50,000 pt. card, I transfer exactly 50,000 pts. to my checking and that's all that's in it---enough to buy ONE card.

I make the purchase. No double clicking. No "long" clicking. I'm not clicking the "BUY" link incorrectly, believe me. It tells me I've made a "successful purchase". I check my inventory and then have TWO of the cards I wanted, and my checking is (negative) -50,000. All because it gave me 2 cards when I only purchased 1.....and then throws my checking into the negative number because I "owe" the points for the extra card I never bought in the first place.

I want to know if it's possible to make this not happen anymore. Isn't there a way to change it so that if one doesn't have enough points in their checking account, iShop can't possibly give you a second card by mistake?! If the checking accounts are fixed so that they can't go into negative numbers, then there would be no way for iShop to give a duplicate card when there aren't enough points in checking to pay for it!

Thanks for listening. I can't be the only one this has ever happened to. I hope to be able to make my own purchases without fear again someday......
    ****PS......No, it does not happen to me EVERY time, but 3 times is enough that I won't make purchases above L1 cards anymore. I never know IF it will happen or not, so I don't do it.
    Last edited by gollumsfriend; 06-13-2010 at 07:54 AM. Reason: added info

Yaoi Expert

Savings

See! It has happened to you too, Amaterasu! (Not that I'm glad about that, but you know what I mean!)

It's definitely easy for me to know because like I said, my checking is always zero pts and then I transfer only the exact number of points into it for the card I want to purchase.

I have to wonder how many people haven't paid close enough attention to this and didn't even realize what happened....especially if they have a high number of pts in their checking like you do.

I just hope something can be done about it eventually.

Extreme Yaoi Guru

Savings

Ren Katakura (L8)Ibuki Takahara (L8)(S013) Akihito
    (S014) KeisukeRyouta Sasamori (L7)Souma Yukihira (L7)
    Jack Frost (L9)Todoroki Shouto (L3)Genos (L8)

Yes, I hate to say it, but a few days ago this happened to me too . Where I bought the card and Aarin froze for about a minute in the confirmation screen i.e.

Thank you for buying card X this screen will close in a minute. Alternately you can click on this like to return.

So I click on the link, but I didn't get to leave that confirmation screen, so I refreshed my screen... later I realised I have two of that card...

F

Yaoi Expert

Savings

Quote Originally Posted by Amaterasu View Post
    That's different than this glitch. That confirmation page's url is address to buying action. If you refresh, the buying action re-executes and makes a second purchase. If your screen crashes in middle of purchase like that, close the tab instead of refreshing.

True. I just want to confirm to anyone reading that I'm not dealing with frozen screens or refreshing any pages at all. The transaction goes quite smoothly.....except for the fact that it gives me two cards!!!!

Mordor
    When I was buying cards yesterday, I got doubles too. Quite a few actually.
    One card appeared to be double, but when I tried to gift the duplicate, it said I didn't have that card. The card is gone now, but it was there most of yesterday.

Total Yaoi Freak

Taking a nap with Gin-San...full from eating parfaits...
    Savings

Spacer 1Hozuki (L10)Spacer 1
    Kusuriuri (L10)Spacer 1Sword (L7)
    Habaek (L9)Shiraishi (L9)Ewon (L10)

This happened to me once as well, about a month ago. I didn't notice if I was double charged but I ended up with 2 of the same card. I immediately sold back the second copy of the card, so I wouldn't be holding onto two copies of a card. And I don't think it should allow you to buy the second card if there aren't enough points in your checking to do so. Hopefully there can be a solution to that problem.

In Love with Cute Chibis

Savings

Hongou (L10)Yuuya (L10)Kichou (L10)
    Klaus (L10)Taki (L10)Kagerou (L9)
    Wolfram (L10)Kazuki OTRFK (L10)Wataru OTRFK (L10)

I just bought a card and I got a card, maybe it was just a little forum bug but was resolved today.

Yaoi Expert

Savings

Yep, it does happen randomly. Like I said....3 times in the past few months. If I had to guess....It might happen once out of every 4 purchases I make.

The "extra" card always appears in my inventory right away, it's never delayed when it happens. My checking goes into the negative number immediately also (when it happens). So then I sell the card I never purchased back to iShop.....which takes that -50,000 number to -25,000. But I'm still out 25,000 pts, which I have to explain the whole thing to Aarin and ask for a 25,000 pt refund to bring my checking back up to zero again.

It's just super annoying and I don't want to bother Aarin about it anymore. That's why I won't buy the higher priced cards I want anymore.

A few days ago, I took a chance and purchased---because they were 1,400 pt cards. I purchased one, and got one. I transferred another 1,400 into my checking to buy another one. It gave me two that time. So one purchase was successful, and one wasn't. Random is the key.....and I'm tired of never knowing when it's going to happen.

We already see here in this thread that it's happening to others as well....it's just that all of you likely have more points in your checking than the cost of the one card you want to buy, so you don't see your checking go into negative numbers the way I do.

Even though it's "wrong" either way, I can see it happening easier if the points are in one's checking for iShop to take for the extra card. But there should be a way to make it totally impossible to do if the points aren't available in checking to accidently give you a second card.

Thanks everyone, for posting your own experiences.

Mordor
    When I buy cards, I do it as a huge bulk while I'm at it. Whenever I get doubles I know I also paid for the double, but unfortunately almost all my points are always in checking so I don't even know how many points I've lost exactly ^^;
    Luckily mine won't go to minus though.. that'd be scary.

Yaoi Addict
    Savings

Klaus (L10)Kid (L2)Hollow Ichigo (L9)
    Taki (L9)Haruhi (L2)Yoite (L2)
    Ewon (L10)Mookyul (L10)Sanzo (L10)

This happened to me twice last month as well. Back when I had less than a mil, I only ever placed in my checking the exact amount I needed to buy a card. When I bought L3 Izaya, I received two cards and I went into the negatives. Same thing happened when I bought L2 Yoite. Luckily both cards were low level and I didn't lose too many points, but it was frustrating. I ended up donating my extras.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast