aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Yaoi Supporter
    Savings

Rai (L7)

Forum time out / auto logout - How to disable it?

I tried searching a topic like this, search didn't show up anything similar. Sorry if this is duplicate.

I was wondering if there's any way to disable the forum auto session log out. It logs out on its own after few minutes if you've been idle, which is kind of annoying. If it can't be disabled, is there at least some way to increase the duration so it doesn't log out so often?

Thanks in advance.

Yaoi Addict

Savings

Hanai (L1)Sougo Okita (L8)Mihashi (L2)
    Yamazaki (L8)Claire (L3)Rukawa (L8)
    (S050) AkashiAlucard (L3)Juumonji (L3)

When you first log in, you can choose to stay logged in by putting a check mark next to "Remember me?" That way your browser won't clear out the cookie unless you manually remove it. You'll stay logged in until you choose to log out.

If you've already done that and it still logs you out, it might be a browser issue. I use Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox, and with some sites (not Aarinfantasy), Chrome will log me out even though I selected for it not to log me out. But that problem doesn't exist with Firefox. Maybe you're using a browser that's causing this logging out issue. You can try switching to something like Firefox and see if that solves the problem.

Yaoi Supporter
    Savings

Rai (L7)
    I already use the latest firefox. Its a case in every browser I used (IE, firefox, opera). And yes, remember me is already ticked. I don't get logged out from any other sites except aarinfantasy. I've set my browser settings to clear cookies on closing browser only in firefox, in IE its manual. Cookies don't clear until I delete them myself, its the same case for that too. I doubt its a browser issue, since I don't face it anywhere else.

Mordor
    For me, when I used firefox or IE, even with the 'remember me' ticked and cookie-clearing set on manual, it signed me off from AF. Nowhere else, just the forum.

When I moved to Chrome, it stopped doing that

//Edit: There has been a thread about this before as well, just searched, and there weren't many helpful answers. However, dm.su pointed this out, hope it helps a bit:

...Also some security software suites have privacy filters that might block cookies etc, so you might want to disable it temporarily, restart your browser and try again.
    Here's the thread
    http://aarinfantasy.com/forum/f134/t...ns-me-out.html
    Last edited by Mordor; 05-29-2010 at 05:03 AM.

Extreme Yaoi Guru

Savings

DS_002_(1)topleftMeier Link (L9)DS_002_(5)bottommid
    Pain (L13)DS_002_(6)bottomright(Event) Forum - Levi
    RyukDS_002_(4)bottomleftCatbus

I don't think there is anything wrong with the site.
    I use Firefox, I use Zone Alarm, I set both to never expire cookies, I only expire or delete them manually and I never logout from Aarinfantasy.
    The forum never kicked me out. I've been logged for more than 6 months.
    There is something wrong in the configs of your browsers (or firewall, if you use one). One of them is expiring or deleting the cookies.
    Last edited by daniyagami; 05-29-2010 at 09:41 AM.

Mordor
    Just because you haven't had trouble, doesn't mean it can't be the site. There are lot of bugs etc. that have occured here to only certain people, instead of all.

Sorry for going a bit off-topic ^^;

Extreme Yaoi Guru

Savings

If there was something wrong with the site, everybody would have issues and not only 5 or 6 people. The fact that only 5 or 6 people have issues means that probably the issue is on their computers, not in the site.
    Is how computers works
    Not long time ago a firefox update cause troubles to several people.
    And just as a note, IE is the worst browser ever invented, several things doesn't work properly in IE.
    The best option is check your browsers configs because is 99,99% of chance that something is misconfigured. If you use firewall, check that too, I once set my firewall to have some higher securities level and the darn thing was logging me out of all sites.
    Last edited by daniyagami; 05-29-2010 at 12:19 PM.

Mordor
    There's a bug that makes some members have millions of posts. However, not all of us seem to have that problem.

//end off-topic

Extreme Yaoi Guru

Savings

I use the following config:
    select Tools -> Options -> Privacy
    check Allow Sites to set cookies and select Keep Cookies until they expire (so you only logout if the server send a new cookie, what happens when they make upgrades in the system).

There is a tutorial with pictures here:
    Firefox Help - Firefox and Cookies (The Mozilla Help Site)