aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Extreme Yaoi Guru

Savings

Rin (L7)Pray for JapanYukio (L9)
    Rin (L9)Minato (L6)Yukio (L7)
    Inuyasha (L10)TimcanpyInuyasha (L1)

Post character limits

Hello. I have a question/request regarding the character count limitation in certain forums. It hadn't been an issue until today, and I assume that it was changed at some point. Now, I can understand why this would be something worthwhile, but I was wondering if there is a way to change the limitation in the download forums. As the rules stand now, you're only supposed to have one post per thread in the general download forums, but with the current limitations, if one was to upload multiple versions of one anime OR one version of one very long anime, then we'll easily go over the character limit, thus creating the need for multiple posts and the trouble of having to break up one's post into two (or more) and making it a little more tedious for forumers to find the rest of the active links.

If this isn't feasible, then I apologize for wasting your time. I hope that it's something that could be considered.

The reason I bring this up is that I just had to delete a number of links for the series "Saki" just to make the post the right length, and I'm positive that the same issue is going to come up in a few days when I try to update my post for Naruto Shippuuden, etc.

Thanks for taking a minute to read this!
    Last edited by Cireus; 09-29-2009 at 02:33 AM.

Extreme Yaoi Guru

Savings

Kotetsu (L10)Aomine (L10)Kasamatsu (L7)
    Mookyul (L10)Pray for JapanAsato (L9)
    Snow (L9)Jecht (L2)Dante (L8)

Has a limit been set?
    What's the word count limit now? Oh nooo my diaries...

Extreme Yaoi Guru

Savings

urm ... it's like ... 10,000 characters, I think ... It either didn't have a limit before or it was really high before because tonight is the first time I've been told that my download post was too long, and the one I got the message in isn't that long of a post compared to others that I've been editing as series have been going on for a long while.

Isan
    This is also a problem for me I have to say I can't edit the general anime index anymore

Extreme Yaoi Guru

Savings

Kotetsu (L10)Aomine (L10)Kasamatsu (L7)
    Mookyul (L10)Pray for JapanAsato (L9)
    Snow (L9)Jecht (L2)Dante (L8)

Is it only happening in the downloads section? Cuz I just posted a diary entry earlier consisting of over 10,000 characters (including spaces). If no spaces then it's approx. 8000 characters.

http://aarinfantasy.com/forum/2678043-post782.html

Extreme Yaoi Guru

Savings

lol, I don't know about anywhere else. I just know that a 10,000 character limit would seem to be a nice, large post, but can't say that I've tried to post anything that large elsewhere, either LOL.

And LOL @ Isan. Now that's funny!

Mordor
    I don't actually even get the point of a character limit. Is there one, or is it just something that comes as a default for the forums, so to speak~
    Maybe I am stupid and that's why can't come up with any sane-sounding reason, but would still like to know it.

Extreme Yaoi Guru
    With The Doctor and Captain Jack...All over the TARDIS
    Savings

Spacer 1Sephiroth (L12)Spacer 1
    Zack (L10)Cloud (L9)Sephiroth (L8)
    Sherlock Holmes (L9)Skull 1John Watson (L9)

I agree with your point and I hope that the character llimit for posts in the social groups shall also be reviewed, esp. in light of the fact that the WoY game uses the social groups ofr various forms of info now.

(don't mean to hijack your thread Cireus, I think this is related.)

Busy Body

Savings

Rin (L9)Yukio (L9)Daisuke (L10)
    Allen (L1)

Quote Originally Posted by Morgandy View Post
    I don't actually even get the point of a character limit. Is there one, or is it just something that comes as a default for the forums, so to speak~
    Maybe I am stupid and that's why can't come up with any sane-sounding reason, but would still like to know it.
    Yes, it's to prevent someone (spammer, troll, whatever) to post a message with 100,000,000+++ characters that can potentially bring down the server.

Quote Originally Posted by spirited_soul View Post
    I agree with your point and I hope that the character llimit for posts in the social groups shall also be reviewed, esp. in light of the fact that the WoY game uses the social groups ofr various forms of info now.

(don't mean to hijack your thread Cireus, I think this is related.)
    I've increased from 4k to 10k.

Quote Originally Posted by Cireus View Post
    Hello. I have a question/request regarding the character count limitation in certain forums. It hadn't been an issue until today, and I assume that it was changed at some point. Now, I can understand why this would be something worthwhile, but I was wondering if there is a way to change the limitation in the download forums. As the rules stand now, you're only supposed to have one post per thread in the general download forums, but with the current limitations, if one was to upload multiple versions of one anime OR one version of one very long anime, then we'll easily go over the character limit, thus creating the need for multiple posts and the trouble of having to break up one's post into two (or more) and making it a little more tedious for forumers to find the rest of the active links.

If this isn't feasible, then I apologize for wasting your time. I hope that it's something that could be considered.

The reason I bring this up is that I just had to delete a number of links for the series "Saki" just to make the post the right length, and I'm positive that the same issue is going to come up in a few days when I try to update my post for Naruto Shippuuden, etc.

Thanks for taking a minute to read this!
    I was testing out some things with post limitations yesterday. More information here http://aarinfantasy.com/forum/f185/t...ction-p35.html. I have it set to 100k max now.