aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Sunao (L2)Shou (L5)Seth (L1)
    Souichiro (L2)Butters (L4)Takuto (L5)
    Rai Lamento (L9)Angeal (L6)

Uploading Questions

I've read through the rules, but there are a couple of things unclear.

First of all, there is a game I'd like to re-upload. It's already there on the host I would use, but mine isn't in parts. And I would most likely put it in a ZIP archive since it doesn't requite daemontools/alcohol/etc. I don't want to be warned about double linking, though. (If it isn't obvious enough, it would be for people who just want the easiest download)

And manga... what qualifies for points and what doesn't? The thread on there links to another thread which it says I cannot access and all in all, I'm not sure about those. I'm pretty sure some looking around could answer this, but haven't found it so far.

Sorry to make another thread so soon.

EDIT: Forgot. There was. A whole forum. About points. >< I may be able to find out more about manga there, but... Still.
    Last edited by Toastaroo; 09-03-2009 at 02:26 PM.

Extreme Yaoi Guru

Savings

Itachi (L8)Naruto Sage (L10)Sasuke (L12)
    DS_004_rightDS_004_midDS_004_left
    Jiraiya (L6)Tsunade (L7)Orochimaru (L5)

If there is a working link, lets use megaupload as an example, and you upload the same game to that host it's double linking regardless if it's in parts or not. I'm not sure how games upload work cuz I've never upped any games so I'm going with what I know.

As for manga you can read up here, here and here if you have not done so already. It gives good instructions on what to share, what not to share and how to post your contributions to be credited. I hope I'm remembering correctly ^^;

If you have any other questions feel free to send me a message I'll help in what I can.

Extreme Yaoi Guru

Savings

Ensei (L6)Tsuyukusa (L9)Tokidoki Rikugou (L9)
    Bonten (L10)Sanji (L9)Cross (L9)
    Tsuruga (L8)(S003) LelouchYoruichi (L9)
    Quote Originally Posted by Toastaroo View Post
    I've read through the rules, but there are a couple of things unclear.

First of all, there is a game I'd like to re-upload. It's already there on the host I would use, but mine isn't in parts. And I would most likely put it in a ZIP archive since it doesn't requite daemontools/alcohol/etc. I don't want to be warned about double linking, though. (If it isn't obvious enough, it would be for people who just want the easiest download)
    Scroll down a bit for the double linking: http://aarinfantasy.com/forum/f145/t...tml#post366929
    Basically it's not such a problem in the BL downloads section
    It should be okay, since it's the same as if XYZ has a manga volume has different chapters uploaded to MF and then ABC uploads the complete volume on MF.

And manga... what qualifies for points and what doesn't? The thread on there links to another thread which it says I cannot access and all in all, I'm not sure about those. I'm pretty sure some looking around could answer this, but haven't found it so far.
    Yeah, here's Dai-kun's post: http://aarinfantasy.com/forum/f30/t1...tml#post230687
    So it's a SECRET I think re-uploads are worth less points than if you were the one who started the thread or if you scanlated it (and posted it first)
    As long as it's BL-related (if you post artbooks from a series like Naruto or Code Geass then of course it won't be credited. But if it was a yaoi Naruto doujinshi then post-away!)

Extreme Yaoi Guru

Savings

Yumi BnK (L8)Xmas (014)Wataru BnK (L6)
    Aizen (L1)Tomohiro Shiraishi (L5)Yoshinaga Koushi (L7)
    Howl (L10)Renji BnK (L6)Raoul (L8)

I'll only complete (repete more likely) what has already been said.

First of all, I must say I'm not really used to the game section, but if your file is different from the ones already proposed, no it will not be considered double linking. I do not include the .zip/.rar difference though, except if it was precisely asked in the request section. But if you propose one download link, instead of a few links with a content that will have to be joined afterwards, then yes it's acceptable. It does seem like the game section is "cooler" than the manga section about this though.

About manga, the previous members gave you all the possible links. Please make sure to read the rules. From there, you have different links that lead you to other important threads. It's a bit complicated at the beginning, but you'll see, you'll get it pretty quickly

As izumeseijin said, the BL manga credits are kept secret. Now, what won't give you any point is: all against the rules uploads obviously (forbidden scanteams and scanners, licensed works, double links etc. --> all those will be deleted anyway) and non BL uploads, be it manga, doujinshi or artbooks (you can find the general manga section here). Everything else can be credited.

Isan
    It was discussed during the last few days and both split files and unsplit files are not considered double links as of now if it was unclear before and they will be credited. This includes anything that's considerably big. Live action, anime, games, etc. Single chapters for manga are also not considered double links to completed volume files either