aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Yaoi Lover
    Savings

Sebastian (L13)Shiki (L9)Akira TnC (L9)
    Mookyul (L10)Heart 1 (Red)Ewon (L10)
    Pray for Japan(S034) AsamiHaruka Nanase (L6)

Quote Originally Posted by mrs_choco View Post
    Out of curiosity, how the rep power and the number of square right below it (with the legend 'X will become famous soon enough', 'X is a jewel on the rough' and so on) are related? I think they are since they are together, but do they grow at the same pace? For example (page 3) temy has 12 rep power and 2 square while Setsu23 has 19 rep power with one square? And are the butterflies an extension of the squares?
    I don’t know if this is the case, but those squares may depend on the numbers of posts and Rep Power as well. As for the butterflies, there’s a limit for the number of squares but not for Rep Power; so they are an extension (but I think that if you reach the limit for the squares, you can trade them somehow for a butterfly?? couse I saw somebody on the forum with one butterfly and 4 squares; or it could be that after you get a butterfly it all starts again….with the squares and so on…)…hmmm…am I making any sense? .
    I’d like to get this as well; the right way ^___^.

And I got lots of peas!

Savings

(S010) JokerTaki (L1)Riki (L4)
    Yukihito (L1)Sakuya (L5)Takenaga (L5)
    Ueno (L5)Jiang Wei (L2)Sono (L3)

Quote Originally Posted by mrs_choco View Post
    Out of curiosity, how the rep power and the number of square right below it (with the legend 'X will become famous soon enough', 'X is a jewel on the rough' and so on) are related? I think they are since they are together, but do they grow at the same pace? For example (page 3) temy has 12 rep power and 2 square while Setsu23 has 19 rep power with one square? And are the butterflies an extension of the squares?
    ok, I will try to explain, but about some details I don't know if they are 100% correct...

the rep power and the squares relate to each other in part, but not 100%.
    please keep in mind that "rep power" and "rep points" in this explanation are not the same.

the rep system works like this:

the rep title is related to the amount of rep points and therefore squares a forumer accumulates.

the squares are adding up this way:
    there are 15 squares that add up in the course of time when you get rep either from "thanks" or reps when ppl click on the "add to reputation" button in the individual posts.
    these 15 squares are divided into 3 categories differentiated by color.
    for the first 5 squares you need 150 rep points (I don't mean the rep power here) each, for the next 5 you need more, like 250 or something like this, I don't know how much the exact amount is.
    same with the last 5 squares, but for these you need even more rep points (could be 1000, but I'm really not sure).

as soon as you gained enough rep points to fullfill the last square, the system restarts and adds automatically a special icon (current one is a bee) to the rep profile. you get one icon for each completed rep cycle.

the "rep power" increases in two ways that aren't related to each other:
    you gain one rep power point for each 100 rep points and an additional one for each month you are member of the forum.

that is why some ppl have rather considerate rep power even though they don't have so much rep points.

Dai-kun made a specific announcement for the rep system, read there for a detailed explanation:

Reputation Explained

Last edited by Yavannah; 12-04-2006 at 05:52 AM.

Yaoi Lover

Savings

Alucard (L10)Hollow Ichigo (L9)Undertaker (L6)
    Cloud (L9)Badou (L5)Ginpachi (L9)
    Abel (L5)Cain (L4)Krory (L3)
    Hmm I've noticed the thanks button in some threads, and some doesnt have it

may I ask depending on what it appears?

Yaoi Lover
    Savings

Sebastian (L13)Shiki (L9)Akira TnC (L9)
    Mookyul (L10)Heart 1 (Red)Ewon (L10)
    Pray for Japan(S034) AsamiHaruka Nanase (L6)

The 'Thanks' button appears only in the "Download Central" section of the forums, where people upload manga, anime, osts and the like. It comes in handy to just push that button and thank someone for his effort, rather than rep him (at least it's what I think xD).

Yaoi Expert

Savings

Wing 1 (Left)(S019) TinkleWing 1 (Right)
    Spacer 1Heart 4 (Rainbow)Spacer 1
    Luffy (L10)Sanji (L9)Ace (L10)

Quote Originally Posted by drizzt101 View Post
    Hmm I've noticed the thanks button in some threads, and some doesnt have it

may I ask depending on what it appears?
    There are some forum sections without the thanks button (for example Chit Chat section). Thanks button is used to thanks a member for something he/she done useful. So this button is fundamental in the support center and the download sections.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123