aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Yaoi Veteran

Savings

(S022) IasonHiko Seijuro (L10)Levi SnK (L9)
    Itachi (L8)Hisoka Morow (L6)Atobe (L6)
    Levi SnK (L8)Iason (L4)Hisoka (L2)
    I have a question:What are we supposed to do with reputations?They are just for fun or are they needed for something?

★Covert Couturist★

Savings

Aki (L7)Nanjo (L3)Al (L1)
    Akihito (L4)Nowaki (L3)Ranmaru I (L1)
    Matt (L2)Hiroki (L4)Pray for Japan
    Rep is just that, your reputation in the forum. How valuable your posts are to other users.

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Phew... *wipes forehead* I read this thread for 6-7 times and at the last I found that there is a rep-point and there is a rep-power. With it, I understand that a thank is a rep-point, 100 thanks is a rep-power (correct me if I am totally out of it ^^;;.

Now, about my own rep powah. At this moment, my rep power is 5. I saw when it was 1 and 3. I don't remember when it was 2 and 4, but I never really looked at it closely so I presume I just missed seeing it. The question is, how on earth I could earn rep power when I've never post anything that is usefull for others, or give other the chance to thank me?

The easiest explaination for my tiny brain from myself is I have 'secret admirers' who hit the blue check button above my nick.

Is there any better explanation?

And I got lots of peas!

Savings

(S010) JokerTaki (L1)Riki (L4)
    Yukihito (L1)Sakuya (L5)Takenaga (L5)
    Ueno (L5)Jiang Wei (L2)Sono (L3)

Quote Originally Posted by nekk~
    Phew... *wipes forehead* I read this thread for 6-7 times and at the last I found that there is a rep-point and there is a rep-power. With it, I understand that a thank is a rep-point, 100 thanks is a rep-power (correct me if I am totally out of it ^^;;.

Now, about my own rep powah. At this moment, my rep power is 5. I saw when it was 1 and 3. I don't remember when it was 2 and 4, but I never really looked at it closely so I presume I just missed seeing it. The question is, how on earth I could earn rep power when I've never post anything that is usefull for others, or give other the chance to thank me?

The easiest explaination for my tiny brain from myself is I have 'secret admirers' who hit the blue check button above my nick.

Is there any better explanation?
    I suppose you also get a rep point each month since registration.
    at least I always gain one rep point at the beginning of each new month without any extra thanks. it would fit your case because you registered about five months ago.

Extreme Yaoi Guru

Shinra Inc. With Rufus & Reno & Tseng... ^_~
    Savings

Flower 1 (Pink)Heart 6 (Devil)Flower 1 (Pink)
    (S022) Iason(S009) HaviAsami (L9)
    Xmas (004)Frau (L9)Mikage (L8)

Quote Originally Posted by Yavannah
    I suppose you also get a rep point each month since registration.
    at least I always gain one rep point at the beginning of each new month without any extra thanks. it would fit your case because you registered about five months ago.
    About gaining one power each new month... I'm not sure that's true... I've been on here since February of last year. Meaning that's over 15 months. And my reputation has always gone up solely on people giving me thanks or rep points... x_x And I know other users like that as well that have been on as long as I have but only have maybe 4 or 5 reputation powers. So I'm not sure that's it~. ^^ It's a good guess but...

I don't see how it would make sense anyways in the long run. For example: For a user who does nothing, for example, and never even posts one time, why would they receive positive reputation points...? Or if everyone received one new power every month, then even the users that aren't necessarily nice to everyone else would get them, since it would be a global thing and not something the Mods and Admins would go around putting in everyone's reputation because that would take too long... See what I mean...?

I think it's based solely on what people think of you, since that's the purpose of the dern thing~. You don't have to upload or anything to get those points. Even people that just like you or what you say or post will give them to you. ^_^~

Extreme Yaoi Guru

Savings

Muraki (L8)Soubi (L10)Yuki Eiri (L9)
    Seimei (L8)Byakuya (L7)(S003) Lelouch
    Asami (L9)

I believed what Yavannah said was correct, it's not merely a guess...well, according to my observation that is...
    Ive noticed it few months after registrating here, that ill be gaining 1 rep point monthly at the end of the month (around the date when I registered) up until now.

Also, i realized that some not-too-active members (with few posts only) have rep points added more or less according to their join dates.
    I believe the monthly rep point system was automatically set by Dai long time ago when the rep thingy was initially implied,
    coz like Kawaii said it would be too much for us doing it for each member ^^;;

another way to raise your reputation points is when people thought youre being helpful in some particular ways ^^
    like maybe uploading something or helping by solving their problems, they'll rep or thank you.
    I sometimes repped or thanked them when i like them personally, not necessarily only when they were being helpful.

so, i dont think the rep points solely obtained only from the thanks or rep given.

Yaoi Expert
    Savings

Boa Hancock (L6)Luffy (young) (L1)Sabo (young) (L1)
    Ace (young) (L1)Ryoumei (L9)Smoker (L4)
    Luffy (L9)Ace (L10)Sogeking (L2)

hey, i'm not quite sure but i understand it like that:
    rep power - forumers receives one point every month and this shows how much they can give when they rep someone
    and under it there are rep points which show how high your reputation is...
    and maybe admins or v.i.p.s like Kawaii have stronger rep power because of their status?
    oh god... i'm confused

Yaoi Lover
    Savings

Sebastian (L13)Shiki (L9)Akira TnC (L9)
    Mookyul (L10)Heart 1 (Red)Ewon (L10)
    Pray for Japan(S034) AsamiHaruka Nanase (L6)

Quote Originally Posted by atanvardo
    hey, i'm not quite sure but i understand it like that:
    rep power - forumers receives one point every month and this shows how much they can give when they rep someone
    and under it there are rep points which show how high your reputation is...
    and maybe admins or v.i.p.s like Kawaii have stronger rep power because of their status?
    oh god... i'm confused
    Yes, when you rep somebody, the reputation number that you have, it's being added to that person, and when he accumulates a number of 100 points (you can find the reputation points in your UserCP at Latest Reputation Received), 1 more rep point it's going to be added under his avatar, at Rep Power.
    And if you’re admin or V.I.P, it goes the same way…it doesn’t matter their status; they gain so many rep power, simply couse they are always around when help it’s needed; so a lot of people thank them ^^
    (at least that’s what I learned 'till now, I may be wrong though)

Busy Body

Savings

Rin (L9)Yukio (L9)Daisuke (L10)
    Allen (L1)

status does not come into play for any usergroup.
    everyone earns the rep power & rep points by gaining them.

u gain rep just for being on the forum for a certain amount of time

if u are ot sure of what an image link do, most of the time just put ur mouse over it and it will show up what it do..
    Last edited by stupidgirlang; 08-23-2010 at 10:59 PM.

Yaoi Supporter
    Savings

Touya (L7)Kamui (L7)Byakuya (L7)
    Mookyul (L10)Nakajima (L9)L (L10)
    MokonaSuzuki-sanWish
    Out of curiosity, how the rep power and the number of square right below it (with the legend 'X will become famous soon enough', 'X is a jewel on the rough' and so on) are related? I think they are since they are together, but do they grow at the same pace? For example (page 3) temy has 12 rep power and 2 square while Setsu23 has 19 rep power with one square? And are the butterflies an extension of the squares?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast