aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Thread: Phantom Friend

Yaoi Fan

Savings

Roy Mustang (L10)Hibari (L10)Sebastian (L10)
    Kotetsu (L10)(S023) England(S025) Ozaki
    (S022) IasonAdol (L10)(S024) Asano

Phantom Friend

Recently my friends list has expanded and I've noticed something strange: I seem to have a phantom friend. When I look at my Friends tab in my user profile, it says showing 1-9 of 10 friends, but no arrow or anything to see the 10th friend. The side panel says showing 6 of 10 friends, but when I click on the Edit Your Friends List link, only 9 friends are shown. What's with the 10th friend not showing?

~Sugar Addict~

Savings

Pray for JapanGren (L1)Kusuriuri (L10)
    Spike (L8)Franz (L6)Shanks (L8)
    Sword (L7)Chiaki (L1)Urahara (L7)

I'm not sure what is it, the only thing i can think of that you sent a friendship request to some member and they didn't done anything yet (not accepted nor rejected your request) so it's still 'hanging'.
    When you click on 'Edit Your Friends List' is there someone with 'Friendship Requested' under their pic?

Yaoi Fan

Savings

Roy Mustang (L10)Hibari (L10)Sebastian (L10)
    Kotetsu (L10)(S023) England(S025) Ozaki
    (S022) IasonAdol (L10)(S024) Asano
    Nope, there was just the 9 friends who were all confirmed. I've since invited a new friend, so I'll see if anything changes...

Edit: Nope, no real change. It now says showing 1-10 of 11 friends and has an arrow to the next page for the 11th friend, but when I click on it it says "Your friends list is empty". The side panel says showing 6 of 11 friends and when I go to edit friends it only shows 10 friends, all with friends status confirmed. Weird huh?
    Last edited by Meridethkun; 03-24-2008 at 11:34 AM.

Yaoi Lover

Savings

Kazuki (L2)Camus (L6)Ciel (L9)
    Lelouch (L9)Mello (L9)Ciel (L9)
    Sasuke (L10)Pray for JapanYuuri (L6)
    Sorry to barge in but I have a related question:

I'm not sure what is it, the only thing i can think of that you sent a friendship request to some member and they didn't done anything yet (not accepted nor rejected your request) so it's still 'hanging'.
    Is there a way to annul a friendship request?

Extreme Yaoi Guru

Savings

Daisuke (L10)Sanzo (L10)Sousuke (L5)
    (S010) Joker(S009) Havi(S006) Klaus
    (S008) Shuichi(S007) RebornKazuki (L7)

Perhaps the missing person is someone who was banned. I have noticed some functions act funky when dealing with banned members.

Smile, breath and go slow

Savings

Ayace (L9)Heart 6 (Devil)Canale (L9)
    Emba (L10)MeatBunYuuen (L9)
    (S067) Azumaya Junta(S054) Prompto Argentum(S076) SilverAsh

Quote Originally Posted by Shigure² View Post
    Perhaps the missing person is someone who was banned. I have noticed some functions act funky when dealing with banned members.
    That could be interested to test and try to track down all the "funny results"
    I didn't understand if the "ghost" shall have been a friend but is not displayed, or if it is an entry that shall not even be there...

Quote Originally Posted by Eurypon View Post
    Sorry to barge in but I have a related question:
    Is there a way to annul a friendship request?
    To cancel a "friendship", you go in User CP >> Networking >> Contacts & Friends
    You then deselect the friend you want to remove form the list
    (1) uncheck the "friend box => this will just remove it from your friend list, but the user will remain as a "contact"
    (2) uncheck the user box (checkbox at the top left, in the user avatar) => this will remove the user from your friend list and your contact list

EDIT: So? was there any changes? I don't see any "weird" entry in your friend list, Meridethkun...
    Last edited by angerbda; 03-28-2009 at 01:53 AM.

Yaoi Lover

Savings

Quote Originally Posted by angerbda View Post
    To cancel a "friendship", you go in User CP >> Networking >> Contacts & Friends
    You then deselect the friend you want to remove form the list
    (1) uncheck the "friend box => this will just remove it from your friend list, but the user will remain as a "contact"
    (2) uncheck the user box (checkbox at the top left, in the user avatar) => this will remove the user from your friend list and your contact list

EDIT: So? was there any changes? I don't see any "weird" entry in your friend list, Meridethkun...
    Thank you very much for your reply.

But I had found out that myself.

My question is how do you cancel a friendship request? Let's say you asked somebody to become friends, but that somebody leaves it hanging.

After three weeks you begin to think that you probably wouldn't like to be friends anyway... so how do you cancel the request? The checkboxes are grayed out in that case.

Smile, breath and go slow

Savings

Ayace (L9)Heart 6 (Devil)Canale (L9)
    Emba (L10)MeatBunYuuen (L9)
    (S067) Azumaya Junta(S054) Prompto Argentum(S076) SilverAsh

Quote Originally Posted by Eurypon View Post
    Thank you very much for your reply.

But I had found out that myself.

My question is how do you cancel a friendship request? Let's say you asked somebody to become friends, but that somebody leaves it hanging.

After three weeks you begin to think that you probably wouldn't like to be friends anyway... so how do you cancel the request? The checkboxes are grayed out in that case.
    Ah... sorry for that
    Ok... when you receive a friendship request, there is a possibility (if I remember well), a check box to accept, or a "cancel" or "deny" button...

If not, just ignore it

We can try it if you want, send me a friendship request, and I will tell you how to proceed to "refuse" it

EDIT:
    Ok... I did test it
    You send the request, when sent, the user you want to add as a friend is displayed on your contact/friend list with a status as "requested"

Uncheck the user box (as for removing a contact) and save it: the request will disappear...
    Last edited by angerbda; 03-28-2009 at 09:41 AM.

Yaoi Lover

Savings

Thank you !!!