PDA

View Full Version : Are there currently issues with setting up new accounts?

Kinnetic
04-27-2020, 03:05 PM
I have a friend on discord, who wanted to make an account here last night, so she'd be able to access the download section. She used a gmail address to register, however she never received a confirmation email and thus can't log in now.
Is there currently a problem with new accounts in general, or is gmail a problem?
Is there another email provider that's guaranteed to work?
Any help would be appreciated~

sumire007
04-27-2020, 03:46 PM
I know that's probably something that your friend for sure already di, but asking doesn't hurt:) Did they look in the Junk files?
From what I remember only yahoo mail has a problem with registering here...gmail shouldn't have a problem.
Do they have another mail account that they could try? Because they always can change their mail afterwards. Hope that helps. Otherwise maybe Mods/Admins have other options:shy:

Kinnetic
04-27-2020, 06:26 PM
Yes, she said, she checked junk mail immediately ^^
That's why I decided to ask here then, since I have no idea, what else could be wrong then ^^;

Twinstar
04-28-2020, 06:21 AM
Please give me their username and I can fix it. It's a common issue we've had for a long time but it's an easy fix :hot:

Kinnetic
04-28-2020, 06:33 PM
Thank you @Twinstar - her nick is milyqumily

Kinnetic
04-30-2020, 11:03 AM
Alright, so I asked her to try and sign up again, if the previous attempt didn't work. She wanted to do it on her phone, but the system wasn't registratiing, that she accepted the forum rules. Whenever she wanted to create the account, she got an error message for not having accepted the rules :(
So I told her to use desktop or laptop, because I know from experience, that websites often have small errors on mobile phones.
However when she wanted to sign up using a PC, the system told her, that her email address is already in use :/

Twinstar
04-30-2020, 03:56 PM
Please send me her email in a pm and I can look it up.

Kinnetic
05-03-2020, 08:20 PM
Thank you, it worked out now in the end :D