aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Extreme Yaoi Guru

Savings

hm.. from my expirience with eMule having LowID results by zero downloads.
    kunitsu, you should solve it somehow, but I honsetly can't think about anything else except what i've already suggested.. sorry..

Extreme Yaoi Guru

Savings

Ichigo Kurosaki (L10)Orihime (L3)(S012) Hollow Ichigo
    Makoto Tachibana (L6)Heart 1 (Blue)Haruka Nanase (L6)
    Sebastian (L10)Kail (L1)Sesshoumaru (L10)

@a.i.: Oh that's all thats going to happen if I have low ID. I thought having a low ID was going to slow down the downloading. Then if not I have no worries

@suhi: Thanks for all the help though. ^_^

Extreme Yaoi Guru

Savings

Quote Originally Posted by kunitsu View Post
    @a.i.: Oh that's all thats going to happen if I have low ID. I thought having a low ID was going to slow down the downloading. Then if not I have no worries
    LowID = no downloads. period
    Did you make it work having LowID? o.O

Extreme Yaoi Guru

Savings

Yeah it's downloading now

a.i.
    Quote Originally Posted by suhi View Post
    LowID = no downloads. period
    Did you make it work having LowID? o.O
    No ... You had some other issues in that case. LowID does NOT prevent downloads.

Yaoi Supporter
    Savings

Shuichi (L6)Sono (L3)Taki (L1)
    Yuuko (L4)(S002) MisakiKira (L9)
    from wikipedia
    Low ID

Users that cannot be reached from the outside because they are firewalled, behind a NAT device that has not been correctly port forwarded or their IP address ends with a zero (e.g. 123.45.67.0)[2] get a "low ID" from the servers. They are still able to upload and download but need the help of servers or other kad clients to reach other low ID clients. Since they cannot be notified that they are in front of an upload queue, they have to poll peers if an upload slot is available. Since they cannot connect to any other low ID clients, they see only 70%-80% of the clients that a high ID can see. Their IP/ports are not exchanged between other peers, limiting their possibilities for finding sources via eMule's pure-P2P source exchange.

A LowID client also consumes 20 times [3] more bandwidth on an eserver than a HighID client due to the lowidcallbacks. Also, A releaser or heavy uploader that uses a releaser mod such as MorphXT or Xtreme that is forced to operate on a LowID (hotel room, job) also will find that he will have little control over his upload priorities (especially powershares) as the servers appear to limit their connection-forwarding for each client, thus turning his upload queue to a contention situation where the first to be able to get forwarding and finds an open slot gets it.

Yaoi Fan
    Savings

Goro (L10)Rihan (L10)Grimmjow (L10)
    Mayumura (L10)Byakuya Kuchiki (L10)Ichigo Kurosaki (L10)
    Lelouch (L10)Levi (L10)Rikuo (L10)
    Have you tried port forwarding? That's one way of getting around the Low ID status.

Extreme Yaoi Guru

Savings

Yes I have but it still wont work

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

well i need some help too... i forwarded my port, and it connected to serve, i can upload file, but it take along time to to download..

the most important problem is: it 's reallly hard to search for raw!! I heard emule is a good source of raw but i can't find any at all!!
    so.. is it necessary to type the kanji name instead of english name of the manga i wanna find?????
    Help me!!, i want some raw

Oh yeah, you wanna know?

Savings

Kakashi (L10)Iruka (L8)Katou (L9)
    Iwaki (L9)Yuki Eiri (L9)Sanzo (L10)
    Yamato B (L8)(S021) RikiSoubi (L10)

Low ID does not stop you from downloading but it might make downloads slower since you will connect to fewer sources, you will not connect to other sources with a low ID. Low ID is mostly due to firewalls, either on your own system (PC) or even pre-installed by your provider. In that case you should ask the provider whether they have a firewall and maybe try to find info on the internet on your special provider and how to get past that pre-installed firewall. There's always people on the net with the same problems as you yourself, believe me, and some might have found solutions already.

To gain a proper download speed with emule you can take these small and easy steps for the beginning. The more files you share yourself, the higher probability of a good download speed, since your queue/waiting in line to download is shortened that way. So make sure to not only wanna download but keep files in your incoming folder as well. Stated quite simply, the longer your waiting list (people waiting to download from you) the higher your download speed. So it may make sense to have two or three popular files in your incoming folder (for instance the latest Naruto eps or whatever) for people to download. More people will download from you that way which will enable you to connect quicker to other downloads yourself.

Choose files with the most sources. This seems stupid to say but at the beginning you might find yourself downloading whatever you find and then being disappointed because the file isn't complete or slow to download. Make sure to try to choose those downloads with as many sources as possible.

Thirdly, you mostly have a limit set by emule how many connections it allows. For files with maybe 100 sources, it may limit your download speed if your system only allows you to connect to 500 sources as a whole. If you have a steady broadband connection, you can go to the settings menue and set the hardlimit for connections up, for instance to 1000 instead of 500 connections.

You will then be able to connect to more sources and if you have lots of downloads with many sources, this will most probably help you to get a better speed.
    Last edited by Lent; 08-30-2007 at 11:50 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12