aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Mr.R (L9)Mr.R (L9)

Windows 7 Japanese Language Pack

Hello. This is my first time posting. Also, if this is in the wrong forums, please move it to the proper place.

I have a problem. I'm on my laptop using Windows 7. However, although I followed the directions here: http://aarinfantasy.com/forum/f49/t6...lling-any.html
    I can't seem to install the japanese language pack. Can anybody please help me out?

Yaoi Lover

Savings

Steve Rogers (L9)Star 1 (Yellow)Tony Stark (L9)
    Iron Man (L9)Star 1 (Yellow)Captain America (L9)
    Spacer 1Tony Stark (L10)Spacer 1

Are the directions the same for windows 7? I don't use 7 nor Vista.. neither have I ever changed language packs for XP
    What problem did you come across?

How to easily download and install Windows 7 Language Packs (MUI packs) | Windows 7 Center

^ A how to for windows7

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Mr.R (L9)Mr.R (L9)
    I checked the instructions, and apparently I don't have the "change display language" in the control panel under "Clock, Language, and Region."

Yaoi Legend
    Savings

(S017) Tatsumi Souichi(S018) Iron Rose(S004) Taki
    Minato (L6)Tieria (L3)(S013) Akihito
    Naruto (L9)(S012) Hollow IchigoSasuke SB (L6)

You don't need install any language pack for Windows 7. It's already there. We upgraded from Vista to Windows 7 recently and I didn't have to install anything at all.

Go to Control Panel and click "Clock, Language and Region".
    Go to "Region and Language" and click the "Keyboards and Languages" tab.
    Click "Change Keyboards", then click and just choose the language, double click it then "OK".
    Last edited by Kristel; 01-30-2010 at 09:26 AM.

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Mr.R (L9)Mr.R (L9)
    @Kristel
    Oh...thanks for the advice, but there's still some scribbles and question marks in replace of japanese characters, especially on the game. The game I'm trying to play is Kichiku Megane R btw. I can type in japanese characters now though.

mayden
    I'm having the same problem. I can view Japanese on a website, I can type in Japanese, but on the game, I'm trying to play, there are little white square/dot things... I don't really understand what I'm doing wrong...

*new user/noob*

Yaoi Legend
    Savings

(S017) Tatsumi Souichi(S018) Iron Rose(S004) Taki
    Minato (L6)Tieria (L3)(S013) Akihito
    Naruto (L9)(S012) Hollow IchigoSasuke SB (L6)

I think you may have to restart your computer in Japanese format.

Under "Region and Language", click the "Formats" tab and set it to Japanese, then restart.

mayden
    I did forget to mention before that I did get some Hiragana on the game, but more blocks than anything. And I did set it to Japanese... I wonder what I'm missing/doing wrong.

Yaoi Supporter

Savings

My Japanese language ime is on and everything, restarted windows 7 and all. I can get to the main menu of the game and everything and the text shows up some-what fine. Then I start the game and it's ALL ?????????????????????????????????????????????????
    Just ?'s x_x then after it gets past the main part it just closes and says "an error has occurred with mainfile.exe or something like that. Any ideas? I don't download many of these games so I'm a tad lost.

mayden
    Uh... I think IME is just for typing. Install the other Japanese thing...

But even that doesn't cut it all the way for me. All japanese forms are working fine off the game. Japanese Yahoo is working fine, I can see all the characters. But on the game, it comes up as ... some Hiragana, a few english letters, and a bunch of blocks. Weird. Try downloading the other Japanese thing though. That should make you see all the stuff online that's japanese. IME is for typing. Yay. *I think*

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast