aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Yaoi Supporter
    Savings

Chad (L2)Sora (L1)Al (L1)
    Ranmaru I (L1)

Question In hopes of getting some help about silver chaos i'm posting this.

i would be grateful to you if you could solve my problem.
    It has been years since i wanted to play silver chaos and few days ago i actually sat and downloaded everything, all the parts of silver chaos 1.

i have read all the threads and websites on how to install it. now let me say it and i have done exactly like this.

1 install files for east asian language.

2 download all the parts of silver chaos. the one i downloaded have 6 parts.

3 extract all the files and make it into one file. (while it finished extracting i got an error saying that two files are broken/corrupt) nevertheless i extracted it and it works.

4 i clicked on installer and the main game window popped up.

5 i chose the second option of 600 MB and installed it on my c drive in my documents.

6 i created a folder in vivid colour and extracted the SC_Upgrade_1.2_+_SC_English_Patch_1.0.

7 firstly i clicked on 1.2 and it extracted lots of files on the same folder where SC upgrade 1.2 is installed. then i clicked on set up. (not the internet one but the other)

8 ran the set up. next i clicked on english patch. it patched it nicely with no problem. i also clicked on extract music which is a bonus.

9 after that i downloaded indeo video codec and installed it. (free version)

10 i went to regional and language settings, advanced, from the drop down menu i selected, japanese and did as it told me. it asked me to restart the computer and i clicked yes.

11 now my computer has restarted and on my desktop the game's shortcut is there. i click on it to play and the very next second iam getting mainsystem.exe error.

i have already installed fanbox-eternal fantasia and silver chaos 2- artificial mermaid. i can play both of them. i played them for only 5 minutes but still they did not give me any problem. iam running windows xp sp2 professional edition. i don't want to play fanbox and artificial mermaid before i play the first version. so please, can anyone help me on this. is there anything else that i need to do so that i can play the game?
    Last edited by megumi; 10-28-2009 at 01:00 PM.

Nether Horizon

Savings

Luffy (L10)(Event) Forum - LawZoro (L10)
    DalekNaruto Sage (L10)TARDIS
    (Event) Forum - Rayflo(S061) Setagawa Masahiro(S060) Kousuke Ooshiba

Did you try maybe re-downloading and reinstalling the files? Not that I know from experience w/this game but if everything else works correctly... maybe the problem is with the download itself?

Yaoi Supporter
    Savings

Ranmaru I (L1)
    Alright Miko. i'll listen to you and download silver chaos from other user who have uploaded it. give me two days time to finish all the downloading. it has 5 parts. after i extract and install let me see what happens next and i will post here. i thankyou for your suggestion. please keep an eye on this thread.

Yaoi Devotee

Savings

Zack (L10)Konoe (L2)Cecil Aijima (L10)
    Rai Lamento (L9)Okita (L9)Kamui (L7)
    Valdrigue (L8)Akira TnC (L9)Aoba (L12)
    Ah, I had this problem a year ago, and nobody seemed to know what was wrong. At first, it let me play the game up until the background started to show up, then it said that there was an error. I believe it also said "mainsystem.exe" (I'm not exactly the best when it comes to computers...)

So I would love to know what was wrong. It was a long time ago, and it may just be my computer. Back when I had been able to play it, I had Windows, not Vista. Could it be the work of Vista?

Nether Horizon

Savings

Luffy (L10)(Event) Forum - LawZoro (L10)
    DalekNaruto Sage (L10)TARDIS
    (Event) Forum - Rayflo(S061) Setagawa Masahiro(S060) Kousuke Ooshiba

Quote Originally Posted by wintersxXxtale View Post
    Ah, I had this problem a year ago, and nobody seemed to know what was wrong. At first, it let me play the game up until the background started to show up, then it said that there was an error. I believe it also said "mainsystem.exe" (I'm not exactly the best when it comes to computers...)

So I would love to know what was wrong. It was a long time ago, and it may just be my computer. Back when I had been able to play it, I had Windows, not Vista. Could it be the work of Vista?
    I don't think it's Vista - that's what I have and I DL'ed it and played it a week ago... found it mind-numbingly boring... but it works just fine.

Yaoi Supporter
    Savings

Ranmaru I (L1)
    i've downloaded silver chaos from other host links and the extracted files doesn't have installer option at all. i downloaded silver chaos twice from different websites and after extraction both of them looks like this.
    [IMG][/IMG]

when i go to DISC1 and click on main system it doesn't do anything. no reaction at all.

i converted it to an image, mounted it on daemon tools and yet no reaction.

should i just give up on playing silver chaos 1 because no matter what i do it doesn't work while the other two silver chaos version is working?

kida331
    where were u downloading it from?

Yaoi Supporter
    Savings

Ranmaru I (L1)
    So far i've downloaded silver chaos 1 from four different websites. out of four only one works and other three doesn't work. there is no installer option. i have posted picture on my previous post. below are the links from which i have downloaded.

Free File Hosting Made Simple - MediaFire

this is the one which allows me to install the game and after doing everything, gives me mainsystem.exe error.

SilverChaos.rar - Silver Chaos - BADONGO

http:
    //www.nakido.com/search?q=silver+chaos

http://aarinfantasy.com/forum/f156/t...ml#post1763131
    i downloaded SC again from the links given by this user. uploaded on mediafire.com

the last three links from which i've downloaded SC doesn't work at all. my internet connection is not that good so i always download things from the net which are in parts like 1,2,3,4.... and not in just one whole single file.

Yaoi Supporter
    Savings

Ranmaru I (L1)
    I was just wondering it would be great if anyone could make a video of how to install silver chaos game. i saw a link on this forum from you tube. a user had made it explaining how to install it but it was deleted. no need to upload it on youtube. just uploading it on a file sharing website would be good. that way it won't get deleted.

or does some one have the video which was posted on youtube years ago explaining how to install silver chaos. anyone who had downloaded it and still keeps it. it would be very helpful if they could share it.

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Shizuo (L8)Hibari (L3)Mikage (L1)
    Yoite (L2)Miharu (L5)Aizen (L3)
    Gin (L2)Zidane (L2)Suzuki-san
    I had this same problem.

Quote Originally Posted by MoralStrike View Post

1st. option
    you can try deleting the open .AVI file(follow instructions here:
    http://aarinfantasy.com/forum/f16/t5...port-need.html )
    however, this will cause you to be unable to watch the opening video, but you can look it up on Youtube if you wish to do so.'
    if you do not, however, want to delete this video, then follow option 2 below!

2nd. option
    (i suggest that you try to download the Indeo player version 5.11 for free and see if your game works after that, before you start trying this solution)
    If you do want to be able to watch the opening in the game, then this is what i did.
    1. open windows explorer and paste this: C:\Windows\System32 in to the URL/adress bar (click "allow" if IE security pops up)
    2. Now, there should be a new pop up/window. Look very carefully and find cmd.exe (on mine it just said cmd, so check on properties if it is an .exe file, and the icon should also look like a black little command prompt).
    3. right click and choose Run as Administrator
    4. Now, you should have a black command prompt, copy and paste this into the command prompt: regsvr32 ir50_32.dll and then hit enter.

what this does, is that it enables Windows media player to be able to play the indeo 5 for vista.

~~NOTE!!!!~~
    if you choose the latter, make sure that you follow these steps EXACTLY. I am not some sort of computer technician, nor am i a computer pro, so i dont know what might happen to your computer if you make a mistake somewhere. i dont even know what the prompt really means. All i know is that i did it, and it worked for me! i did, however, get this information form a page i find rather trustworthy, so if you would rather read the official thread with the instructions, then do so here:
    hxxp://forum.videohelp.com/topic327077.html

dont forget to replace xx with tt!!
    I personally did the first option, because I could care less about the op sequence. So I don't know if the 2nd option works or not.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast