aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

1. issueid=584 04-26-2013 07:50 PM
    Extreme Yaoi Guru
    Close old news topics

I just came online to see Aarin to step down? topic with the newest posst in the news section and it gave me a mini-heart attack until I remembered the topic is actually quite old. After checking the news section, i found out that said thread had even been put in the archive already.
    It's not the first time that someone brought a really old thread back from the dead and I'm sure it might be important ofr new members to be able to read old news topics, but dragging up a topic that was posted about 1 1/2 years ago is really not necessary. In my opinion it is rather misleading when a thread that's over and done with for months suddely pops back up.
    Personally, I don't understand why anyone would post on such an old thread and there is nothing wrong with leaving news topics open for a longer time, but would it be possible to at least close the ones in the archive so noone can post there anymore? That way the really old topics can't be put on the front page again and I'm sure it would save me a couple of almost-heart attacks.

angy

EDIT: I should have looked more closely, then I would ahve seen that all the topics in the archive are closed except for one. SO I guess I'll change my sufggestion to a question. Why is Aarin to step down still open, when everything else is closed?^^
    This issue is closed. No more replies may be made.
Issue Details
Issue Number 584
Issue Type Feature
AF Support Suggestions
Category Unknown
Status Suggested
Votes for this feature 0
Votes against this feature 0
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)