aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Issue: HD Releases

1. issueid=275 09-26-2011 06:19 PM
    Extreme Yaoi Guru
    HD Releases

I already ready myself to attacks of skepticism and "it's good as it is so why to change it", but anyway. Seeing that HD is something has been invented (yes wake up it's a fact) and is getting more and more available in the fansub community and by HD we mean the release of episodes from dvd or HDTV or Bluray encoded in top quality (x264+aac in MP4 or MKV) wether SD or 720p, wouldn't be nice to start releasing any new fansubbing under theses formats?

But what I would like the most is a re-encode of the original files we already have under new formats of better quality. Technically, I've been encoding in those formats since more than 2 years, I can do it , provided I'm given access to original Raws and subtitles (srt or ssa) or I can explain step by step how to make it and give my presets of encoding, you'll just have to push start and it will do it.
    The anime I would like to see re-encoded first would be princess princess but we all know a lot of good animes (80 and 90's yaoi is the best, story wise, none of the last years shit equals it, especially Junjou that I loathe!) that would benefit from a re-encode, the quality of image is really impressive and software now read anything and some portable players too (psp and xbox...).

If you like this suggestion and support the idea of revamping old animes under better quality encodes, then express it. With today's screens, old avi are all fuzzy and of poor quality, avi is definitively dead in the time of 720p and 1080p.

I'm sure if it's the right spot for this kind of suggestion, if not, let it be moved where it's more appropriate.
Issue Details
Issue Number 275
Issue Type Feature
AF Support Suggestions
Category Unknown
Status Suggested
Votes for this feature 7
Votes against this feature 0
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)